Steelers @ Bengals Pregame Chatter

HoosierCat

Finley's just throwing it away, I don't think he intended to even complete that 3rd down pass.  He's not good, but he's not turning it over, which is what keeps them in games, when he starts throwing INT's and fumbling it away trying to make plays, the Steelers will roll it up.  That is a big reason why Dalton is on the bench, it's decision-making more so than talent I think.

I think Dalton is on the bench solely because the team can't make the postseason, so this provides an obvious opportunity to get experience for the new draft pick.  The sample size is still limited, but despite his own limitations Dalton looks like a better quarterback than Finley to me and it's not close.

2 minutes ago, Stripes said:

I think Dalton is on the bench solely because the team can't make the postseason, so this provides an obvious opportunity to get experience for the new draft pick.  The sample size is still limited, but despite his own limitations Dalton looks like a better quarterback than Finley to me and it's not close.

They wouldn't bench him if he were playing well,  he turned the ball over 14 times in 8 games.  I don't think anyone's saying Finley's a better QB, but if a 9 year veteran is giving the ball away that much, you're not giving your team a chance to win.  It might be ugly,  but these last 2 games have been much more competitive.

we lost a start to injury in warmups

w a r m u p s

let that sink in

so very Bengals 2019

on that note, I wrote elsewhere that I am not a fan of the overall first draft selection being used on a qb: Tua for injuries,  Burrow as an Akili-like one year wonder, and Herbert for inconsistency and lack of leadership.  I'd prefer to trade down and pick up a couple of day 1-2 picks this year and/or next.  Yeah, I'd absolutely prefer to get that surefire 10 year quality starter at QB, but I dont think these 3 have a good chance of being that

• Like 1

I like watching Goodberry on Twitter, and he loves Burrow for the first pick. Burrow looks like he would be awesome here with his pocket presence. Sure his arm strength is not Carson Palmer like, but he makes up for that in so many other ways. Plus last nights game he had some nice long throws. 

Yeah you can pretty firmly say that Finley isn't going to be in anyone's NFL future, or shouldn't be, at least at this point.  Taylor will probably point out Boyd's game-killing fumble on the long pass going into the red zone, but I think that was the only nice/accurate throw he made all day, other than the 2 jump balls to Boyd where they finally scored a TD.   In the end, he just misses too many passes and forces stuff into coverage a lot for some reason - he doesn't seem "ready" for NFL defenses,  and no one's going to succeed here right now.

They can throw whoever out there, doesn't matter at this point, this season's a big, pointless waste of time.   In a sick way, I DO want that 0-16 on Mike Brown's record, maybe that will finally break him some.

1 hour ago, COB said:

Rumors are flying that the Lions might fire Patricia.  If they do, hire him immediately as a consultant.  

1 hour ago, COB said:

Rumors are flying that the Lions might fire Patricia.  If they do, hire him immediately as a consultant.  

I would immediately hire him as the DC and let him fire/hire whoever he wants, and pay him what it takes. (if he would even consider coming here)

3 hours ago, volcom69 said:

I like watching Goodberry on Twitter, and he loves Burrow for the first pick. Burrow looks like he would be awesome here with his pocket presence. Sure his arm strength is not Carson Palmer like, but he makes up for that in so many other ways. Plus last nights game he had some nice long throws. 

can we trust a one year wonder with overall pick1?

Akili Smith was a one year wonder