Jaguars @ Bengals Game Thread

HoosierCat

If my recollection is correct, wasn't the plan to move Glenn inside to LG while Williams manned the LT spot ??

In all honesty, I was interested in seeing what that looked like.  I also still had hopes that Price was going to make the Center position his.
I remember thinking all we had to work on was the right side of the line.  Amazing how things got blown the f*ck up !!!

It would be super nice if Glenn could improve LT immediately so you can get a sense of Price’s potential at LG. 

Then doublely good if Williams could return this year so you can get a look at him in action.

Then hopefully Hopkins solid at center, Price solid at LG, Williams solid at 1 tackle.  Then you have Glenn and Hart battling for the other RG, RT, and Swing Tackle with  a decent rookie draft pick, Miller and Redmond for next year. 

At some point some these dudes have to start working out or the rebuild will be a continuous state.

Last year’s line was bad but had functionality.   This year’s line is bad, but it’s destructive it literally destroys anything they try to do.  

Bad line last year but Mixon was productive.  Now he can’t do anything. 

I’m not endorsing any coach at this point, but for me it’s free pass for the coaches.

It’s lack of talent, IMO. 

McNally one the greatest line coaches had shitty lines in the early 90s.  

Andre Smith had a good run at RT for a few years. His last good year was 4 seasons ago.  So he was opening day LT starter.  Then replaced by a career blue collar LG that was out of football.

That’s a shitty hand to be dealt. 

Today in things I didn’t see coming but probably should have:

On Wednesday, Bengals tackle Cordy Glenn was cleared to return from a concussion that he suffered in the preseason. But that hardly resolved the situation.

Per multiple sources, the Bengals and Glenn have been at odds regarding the concussion, its symptoms, whether he’s able to return, the need for second opinions, and how the player feels. At some point, the situation prompted the Bengals to fine Glenn $200,000 for conduct detrimental to the team.

As one source explained it to PFT, things got heated on Wednesday. Glenn and a member of the Bengals’ coaching staff argued (a witness thought at one point that it was going to turn physical), and Glenn eventually told coach Zac Taylor to just cut him.

Glenn was upset because he believes that the team rushed him back from his concussion.

A second-round pick of the Bills in 2012, the Bengals traded for Glenn in 2018. Last year, he started 13 of 16 regular-season games.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/10/17/bengals-cordy-glenn-at-odds-over-handling-of-his-concussion/

This will end well (not).

I melted down all over the Bengals twitter-verse over the fuckawful Turner hire being a particularly disappointing and bad sign from Taylor and, well, fuck it sucks to be right. This and the rest of the line issues/retirements/decisions has the hands of an incompetent bully all over it.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, ArmyBengal said:

Faking a concussion ??  Yeah, bad Gordy...

Rushing a player with a concussion back to soon ??  Yeah, bad Bengals...

Which one is it ??  Either way the fans are f*cked again with stupid players or stupid coaches, or worse....  Both

Yup, pretty much this. He’s either still hurt and being pushed or doesn’t want to be here, and neither case ever results in good things on the field or in the locker room.

The most interesting part of all this to me is the suggestion that there’s some heat coming from the front office (if not, why would coaches, presumably Turner and/or Taylor, push to get an unwell or unwilling Glenn back to work?). I had mostly dismissed the idea that Zac’s seat might be getting warm so soon into his tenure, but maybe it is.

To get cleared from a concussion he has to be cleared by an independent neurologist.  

He practiced which means he was cleared. 

It’s been 63 days on a self reported concussion.   Where’s the rush? 

Coaches have nothing to do with it, IMO.  

There’s a good chance Mason Rudolph who was knocked out and went to the hospital will be back sooner than 63 days. 

Man, what a shit show.  

They probably did rush him back, and he probably does just want off a bad team sooner rather than later.  Hell, I want off this team, and I’m not even on this team.

This episode is not going to help our ability to recruit free agents down the road.

• Like 1

That's the 3rd o-lineman who's retired/quit or in this case, doesn't want to play here apparently.  Others haven't developed (Price, Jordan).  Turner seems like garbage indeed.  This coaching staff seems to be pieced together with bad spare parts.

The injuries don't surprise me, I said before that no one's gutting-out any injuries on this team, they're going to take their time coming back, in particular vets.

• Like 1