2020 Draft

56 minutes ago, HoosierCat said:

So how do we feel about Patrick Queen at 33? Seems to be becoming a popular pick among the amateur mock set. I ended up with him on a TDN mock I did just for kicks the other day. Obviously had a great game vs Clemson. Thoughts?

I would be very pleased with that. He’s starting to to show up in mocks in the 20s so that’s a possibility.

• Like 1

Just did a 7-round mock on TDN's engine using their predictive picks setting with me pulling the trigger for the Bengals and I ended up choosing the following:

Round 1 - Burrow
Round 2 - Mekhi Becton, OT - L'ville
Round 3 - Josh Uche, Edge - Michigan
Round 4 - Ben Bartch, OT - that Div III school
Round 5 - Michael Pittman Jr., WR - USC
Round 6 - Adam Trautman, TE - Dayton
Round 7- Stanford Samuels III, CB, Florida State

If the draft broke out like that in April I would be beyond ecstatic, I think...

• Like 1

By the way, The Draft Network mock draft engine is super quick and super easy. If you want to play around with it, it's free (unless you want to do trades - need to be a premium member for that) - and you can use their ranks mode or predictive mode for the part of the draft that isn't you picking for a team:

https://thedraftnetwork.com/

Becton at #33 would be a major steal.   He's trending upward in a lot of mocks he's been in the top 5 of some. 

I've wonder for the more popular draft gurus how much of their mock is actually based on their scouting AND how much of it's based on inside information.

Becton would be great at #33.   

I know the original draft guru Jerry Jones that did the drug store list; his grades and write ups were based off him watching tons of film.

TDN's rankings are off their own watching of film. They will adjust their board as more data comes in from the combine and based on scout chatter. So the board is fluid. I think that simulation that let me get at Becton at 33 was a 1 in 100 chance, but I ran to the podium. Play around with their mock on your own - it changes up each time. 

Becton was coming up pretty routinely a couple weeks back. Then he started getting taken earlier and Queen started showing up available. Now Queen is getting buzz and it’s back to Becton dropping.

i said screw it last time, ignored Becton and took the Ohio State corner at 33.

2 hours ago, membengal said:

TDN's rankings are off their own watching of film. They will adjust their board as more data comes in from the combine and based on scout chatter. So the board is fluid. I think that simulation that let me get at Becton at 33 was a 1 in 100 chance, but I ran to the podium. Play around with their mock on your own - it changes up each time. 

I would hope the Bengals would run to the podium too.   The write ups on him are very positive.

My idea of a near perfect draft....

1. Joe Burrow, QB, LSU

33. Josh Jones, OT, Houston

65. Antoine Winfield, JR., S, Minnesota

97. Thaddeus Moss, TE, LSU

129. Jonah Jackson, IOL, Ohio State

160. Jacob Phillips, LB, LSU

192. Jauan Jennings, WR, Tennessee

Just executed this draft on The Draft Network Simulator...

15 hours ago, cincyhokie said:

Yes. And this is a good draft for the Bengals to trade down and acquire more draft picks. 

It really is. Trading back in round 2 and picking up an additional 3rd and then finding picks for Dalton, Glenn and Price would be swell. 

• Like 1

Here is one where I traded back in the 2nd and picked up another 5th (the TDN engine wouldn't give me a 4th):

1. Burrow

2. Jeff Gladney, CB, TCU

3. Prince Tega Wanogho, T, Auburn

4. T. Moss, TE, LSU

5. A. Robinson, Edge, Syracuse

5. D. Duverney, WR, Texas

6. A. Gandy-Golden, WR, Liberty

7. A. Gibson, WR/RB, Memphis

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, membengal said:

Here is one where I traded back in the 2nd and picked up another 5th (the TDN engine wouldn't give me a 4th):

Like this draft.      Prince and Moss.  

7 hours ago, membengal said:

It really is. Trading back in round 2 and picking up an additional 3rd and then finding picks for Dalton, Glenn and Price would be swell. 

It's ideal. All of the Bengals main scouts (the coaches) had eyes on the best prospects during the Senior Bowl. Get more draft picks by trading down. Get even more by trading the above mentioned players. Capitalize on an ideal situation.

Now will they do it?