2020 Draft

51 minutes ago, TJJackson said:

That all jives with why I have been taking him in the 5th so much - a lot to like - questions on if he can move outside. I happen to think he can but taking him at top of fifth acknowledges the risk that he won’t be able to move outside.

A lot of talk recently about Isiah Wilson, OT, Georgia moving up the boards and now thought to maybe not even be there when we pick at the top of the 2nd.

He was one of the players I was hoping would be there to grab if other players were off the board.

We will find out in 2 weeks !!

I haven't had a single draft in the last two days where he hasn't gone in the first round.

TDN currently has him rated as the 30th ranked player.

Again, I would love for him to be available and have always considered him an option there due to his potential.
Then again, there are a handful of players I would like to see sitting there making that selection a challenge.

I'm still hoping for there to be either an OT or a LB we can pick.  If both are there, OT should probably get the nod.
Not because I don't want a LB, but rather the positional value placed.

On ‎3‎/‎27‎/‎2020 at 8:32 AM, ArmyBengal said:

It's interesting to see things change as time goes, considering new additions to the team.
My approach changed, but not much.

1. Joe Burrow, QB
2. Patrick Queen, LB
3. Lucas Niang, OT
4. Chase Claypool, WR
5. Colby Parkinson, TE
6. Justin Strnad, LB
7. Trey Adams, OT

Double up on the two biggest needs, while added two more offensive weapons.
I would offer this up as my "ArmyBengal Mock Draft".

Here's another one on TDN that fell amazingly in my opinion that I just did today...

1. Joe Burrow, QB
2. Isaiah Wilson, OT
3. Chase Claypool, WR
4. Logan Stenburg, OG
5. Devin Duvernay, WR
6. Justin Strnad, LB
7. Trey Adams, OT

I look at that draft and would fall the fuck out if that were to transpire due to happiness !!!
That being said, I expect the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th round picks to go before those spots.
I would prefer this version to the one above it and offer it up in the same manner !!!

I like that trade options are available without paywall, but what is missing from the PFF draft simulator is

1. being able to see at all times who is left (so you know who you might trade for)

2. being able to click on a player and get a profile of them

also, and this is far more problematic than the above: top 10 players like Justin Herbert were still available when I went to pick at 33

I'd also like the teams that have interest in trading to give ME an offer rather than vice versa.  That way, rather than guessing what might work (and being rejected over and over and over again) I can mull preapproved trades

I cannot recommend this article enough - if you want an idea what a consensus big board looks like (54 evaluators/forecasters consolidated into one top 300 listing) - go here (it's free, just go):

Here's me aggressively trading back two times in the second round to move way back in 2 (and I passed on both Murray and Queen) on the PFF mock draft tool:

1. Burrow, QB, LSU
2. Wilson, OT, GA (pick 62 overall)
3a. Brooks, LB, TT (stayed put at pick 65)
3b. Gay, LB, Miss State (pick 90 - added in a tradedown in round 2)
3c. Dotson, G, Louisiana (pick 94 - added in a tradebown in round 2)
4a. Edwards, WR, South Carolina (stayed put at pick 107)
4b. Moss, TE, LSU (pick 136 - added from tradedown in round 2)
5a. Agim, DL, aTm (stayed put at pick 147)
5b. Stowbridge, DL/edge (pick 171 - added from tradedown in round 2)
6. Hand, CB, Temple (stayed put at pick 180)
7. Mooney, WR, Tulane (stayed put at 215)

Traded originally from 33 and picked up pick 40, 90 and 171
Traded from pick 40 and picked up 62, 94, and 136

It was hard to pass on Queen and Murray, but I think it worked out OK and there was so much help through rounds 3-5 that the extra picks were delightful in this mock.

11 minutes ago, membengal said:

Here's me aggressively trading back two times in the second round to move way back in 2 (and I passed on both Murray and Queen) on the PFF mock draft tool:

1. Burrow, QB, LSU
2. Wilson, OT, GA (pick 62 overall)
3a. Brooks, LB, TT (stayed put at pick 65)
3b. Gay, LB, Miss State (pick 90 - added in a tradedown in round 2)
3c. Dotson, G, Louisiana (pick 94 - added in a tradebown in round 2)
4a. Edwards, WR, South Carolina (stayed put at pick 107)
4b. Moss, TE, LSU (pick 136 - added from tradedown in round 2)
5a. Agim, DL, aTm (stayed put at pick 147)
5b. Stowbridge, DL/edge (pick 171 - added from tradedown in round 2)
6. Hand, CB, Temple (stayed put at pick 180)
7. Mooney, WR, Tulane (stayed put at 215)

Traded originally from 33 and picked up pick 40, 90 and 171
Traded from pick 40 and picked up 62, 94, and 136

It was hard to pass on Queen and Murray, but I think it worked out OK and there was so much help through rounds 3-5 that the extra picks were delightful in this mock.

I would it though I think Wilson will be long gone by 62

All I can do is play the board I am dealt. Swap out Wilson for the OT of your choice at 62 - prince tega if it makes you happy - but point is accumulating picks may make a lot of sense.