2020 Draft

52 minutes ago, AMPHAR said:

Why would the Dolphins trade at this point?     Tua is trending towards healthy.   Herbert AND Love have improving stock right now.   They are in prime position to get a Good QB and have picks to build.

The next best trade partner appears to be Raiders and their highest pick is 12. 

I say the mega trade hopes are dead,  no team is going to be willing or able to pony up enough to make it worth while to pass on Burrow.

Simple.....There is increasing steam that the Redskins will take Tua if the Bengals take Burrow, on top of that QB hungry teams like LAC or Carolina might try to leap frog Miami by trading up with Detroit or the Giants.  It is very possible that Dolphins, if they sit still at #5 are looking at a scenario that the top three QBs are gone and Miami has much less at QB than the Bengals have right now.  If they trade up with Cincy they have their pick and don't have to worry about it.  They still keep their original selections in all the rounds (outside of rd. 1 where they move up from 5 to 1) so you can look at it as they traded Laremy Tunsil and Minkah Fitzpatrick for the first pick in the draft guaranteed.  Now, if Miami doesn't offer enough, the fall back position is to just take the highest graded college QB since Luck, so the Bengals are in the best possible position.  This is the draft to accumulate draft stock because of the immense pool of talent.

Love also has steam so the big 3 is looking more like the big 4.     I don't think Miami has that much incentive to make a mega trade right now for No. 1 overall.

I mean your trade scenario is basically trying to rob Miami of their reality.   I wish the Bengals had it but they don't.

34 minutes ago, HoosierCat said:

Dude, it’s 2020 and we’re still posting on an internet message board. We’re all certifiable, and I mean that in a good way!

But not all of us are coming up with scenarios that finishes killing the franchise in Cincinnati - because dealing Burrow would do that...

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, TJJackson said:

For the love of all that is holy, wont someone please gimme a lineman! (in rounds 2 and 3, specifically. Mem, I dont expect the new guy to block for himself :-) )

Although, if ever a QB coming out could it is him. And I say that because the LSU scheme often required him to be responsible for understanding where a free rusher was coming from when they went five wide and to still get the ball off to the right person despite the coming hit. And he was soooo good at it. 

18 minutes ago, TJJackson said:

For the love of all that is holy, wont someone please gimme a lineman! (in rounds 2 and 3, specifically. Mem, I dont expect the new guy to block for himself :-) )

I’d love to but the way tdn is falling right now there’s just no linemen. Post combine they are all getting scooped up before 33. Sure you can trade down but that doesn’t change the quality. So you get faced with the choice of taking someone like Ruiz, who’s played RG and is an excellent C, which for once we don’t have a huge need for...or you’re using the second round pick on a project OT (or one with injury issues). And that means passing over a falling round one prospect at positions like S, WR or LB.

Best answer is for the Bengals to address the line in FA.

50 minutes ago, HoosierCat said:

I’d love to but the way tdn is falling right now there’s just no linemen. Post combine they are all getting scooped up before 33. Sure you can trade down but that doesn’t change the quality. So you get faced with the choice of taking someone like Ruiz, who’s played RG and is an excellent C, which for once we don’t have a huge need for...or you’re using the second round pick on a project OT (or one with injury issues). And that means passing over a falling round one prospect at positions like S, WR or LB.

Best answer is for the Bengals to address the line in FA.

And you almost have to trade down in front of the Vikes to get a sniff at Josh Jones who is the last tackle IMHO with day one starting talent

• Like 1

So in TDN I mocked picking as both the Bengals and Colts after making the proposed Dalton trade for the #13 overall.

1. Joe Burrow, QB, LSU
1b. Tristan Wirfs, OT, Iowa
3. Jordyn Brooks, LB, Texas Tech
4. Chase Claypool, WR, Notre Dame
5. Ben Bredeson, RG, Michigan
6. Colby Parkinson, TE, Stanford
7. Trey Adams, OT, Washington

That about covers it for me, but there was a lack of CB’s available when we went on the clock. Hopefully they addressed that in FA.

Hey TJ, heavy enough for you on O-line ??

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TJJackson said:

save the r5 and r7 picks for another position, the r3 pick needed to be a OL :-)

that website doesnt let me do trades. How do you manage it?

I think you have to sign up for the premium (aka $$$) version.

I just finagle the $$$ by selecting both the Bengals and Colts to make picks for. When the Colts went on the clock at #13 I simply picked who I thought the Bengals would want/need.

The remainder of the Colts picks I pulled out of my ass based on what TDN thought were their needs.

• Like 1

They keep 9 offensive lineman out of camp.   3 tackles 6 interior.    They probably have room to add 1 Offensive lineman via FA OR Rounds 2-4.    Adding anything more than is then delving into waste of a rookie season.   They have 10 currently and it was never an issue because Williams being on PUP or whatever. 

Hopkins - starting.  Williams starting. 

Hart- people don't like him.  They do and that's all that matters.  You can argue it for as long as you want.  He's here and at worse swing tackle and probably opens up TC as starter WITH competition from Johnson.     So right there are your 3 tackles. 

John Miller - blah.   But he doesn't represent CAP savings.  Started a bunch of games.  At worse he's depth. 

Michael Jordan - blah, but they see promise.   Probably gets run at LG starter

So that's 6.     With all 5 starting spots covered.    Realistically I say 1 spot is open enough for TC competition that might have impact on opening day line up.   Right Guard.     Right Tackle is either going to be Hart or Johnson starting.

Glenn - gone.

Jerry - can do better

Price - Don't know,  but he doesn't count much cap wise and can back C/G.  Although he's been horrible at both. 

Prince - who?

I say you got room to add late round offensive line prospects that could improve depth.   Start piling O-line picks early in the draft and those guys are probably sitting. 

Here's a TDN mock from this AM where I went heavy defense - predictive board for the other team picks and me doing the picking for the Bengals:

1. Burrow, QB, LSU
2. Queen, LB, LSU
3. Chinn, S, Southern Illinois
4. Hall, CB, VA
5. Pittman Jr., WR, USC
6. Duvernay, WR, TX
7. Lynch, IDL, Baylor

• Like 1

Dalton to Indy for #13.
Really liked this one !!

1a. Joe Burrow, QB
1b. K’Lavon Chaisson, EDGE
3. Jordan Brooks, LB
4. Damon Arnette, CB
5. Chase Claypool, WR
6. Colby Parkinson, TE
7. Jon Runyon, OT

Arnette and Claypool falling was huge.
The coaches apparently love the o-line.
We add talent at all three defensive levels.
Burrow gets two young weapons.

Dalton to Chicago for their second 2nd rounder...

1. Joe Burrow, QB
2a. Patrick Queen, LB
2b. Antoine Winfield Jr, S
3. Isaiah Wilson, OT
4. Damon Arnette, CB
5. Michael Pittman Jr., WR
6. Colby Parkinson, TE
7. Jon Runyan, OT

Yep, I would take that as well and not be too upset in the least.
Thanks Andy and good luck to you !!!