2020 Draft

Try this on for size:

Here’s a mock I did just now at TDN - could not get the computer to accept any deals to trade back - so straight seven picks in seven rounds using their predictive algorithm for the picks other than the ones I made for the bengals:

1. Burrow, QB, LSU

2. Queen, LB, LSU

3. Diggs, CB, Alabama

4. Lewis, G, LSU

5. Pittman JR, WR, USC

6.  Fuller, S, tOSU

7. Throckmorten, OT, Oregon

47 minutes ago, membengal said:

Try this on for size:

Here’s a mock I did just now at TDN - could not get the computer to accept any deals to trade back - so straight seven picks in seven rounds using their predictive algorithm for the picks other than the ones I made for the bengals:

1. Burrow, QB, LSU

2. Queen, LB, LSU

3. Diggs, CB, Alabama

4. Lewis, G, LSU

5. Pittman JR, WR, USC

6.  Fuller, S, tOSU

7. Throckmorten, OT, Oregon

I like all of those guys as prospects.  PFF is high on Netane Muti a guard from Fresno State.  My projections all land him in the 50's, almost never available for 66.  If we can trade back or get Chicago to trade us 50 for Dalton I could see him as the target in Rd. 2.  His tape is pretty incredible.  He owned the Minnesota d earlier in the year.

I've said it before and I'll say it again - if we make the investment at pick 1 ya'all want, we gotta protect that investment - literally - with quality OLs

What I havent said is that this will improve our defense.

Huh? How jackhole, how? I'll tell you how. We get a better OLine, we control the line of scrimmage longer, ergo our drives last longer, ergo their offense stays off the field longer.

Thats good D, my dudes, so feel free to pick up all the damn linebackers you want in rounds 4 and beyond

oh and Joisey, I could never hate you. Do you need a hug? :-)
  • Like 1

How the hell should anyone truly know what they are going to target in any round ??

What happens when you think you are targeting defense and an offensive player dropped that you thought there was no way in hell that would happen ??

That scenario happens literally EVERY draft.  I'd like to say in February that the #2 pick is a LB or OT, but what if a top rated (whatever position) falls for some reason ??
That's when taking the BPA comes into play.  I think you take talent over reaching for position of need at that point.

Maybe that lessens as they get into the later rounds when considering talent level, but the top of the 2nd ??
I would hope that would not be the case.  That's how you end up with Drew Sample.
You know ??  The 4th round projection we just had to have in the 2nd round ??
Yeah, that kind of stupidity...

I was on TDN earlier today and I rather enjoyed this outcome.

I go into these with the thought that they address RT in free agency.
So figure these results with the addition of say...  Jack Conklin at RT.

1. Joe Burrow, QB, LSU
2. Kenneth Murray, LB, Oklahoma
3. Malik Harrison, LB, Ohio State
4. Trey Adams, OT, Washington
5. Michael Pittman Jr., WR, USC
6. Colby Parkinson, TE, Stanford
7. Levonta Taylor, CB, Florida St.

The addition of two LB's certainly can't hurt when looking at our current depth chart.
Adams, provides depth and could use the time to learn.
I have watched Pittman during his time in USC and think he would be a good addition to the WR corps.
Parkinson is a huge redzone target for Burrow and Taylor is a smaller CB that QB's stayed away from.

• Like 2

On ‎2‎/‎14‎/‎2020 at 3:40 PM, ArmyBengal said:

How the hell should anyone truly know what they are going to target in any round ??

What happens when you think you are targeting defense and an offensive player dropped that you thought there was no way in hell that would happen ??

That scenario happens literally EVERY draft.  I'd like to say in February that the #2 pick is a LB or OT, but what if a top rated (whatever position) falls for some reason ??
That's when taking the BPA comes into play.  I think you take talent over reaching for position of need at that point.

Maybe that lessens as they get into the later rounds when considering talent level, but the top of the 2nd ??
I would hope that would not be the case.  That's how you end up with Drew Sample.
You know ??  The 4th round projection we just had to have in the 2nd round ??
Yeah, that kind of stupidity...

Point taken.   There's so many needs on this team that this is a year that you definitely roll out the Best Player Available mantra and live by it.

1 hour ago, ArmyBengal said:

I was on TDN earlier today and I rather enjoyed this outcome.

I go into these with the thought that they address RT in free agency.
So figure these results with the addition of say...  Jack Conklin at RT.

1. Joe Burrow, QB, LSU
2. Kenneth Murray, LB, Oklahoma
3. Malik Harrison, LB, Ohio State
4. Trey Adams, OT, Washington
5. Michael Pittman Jr., WR, USC
6. Colby Parkinson, TE, Stanford
7. Levonta Taylor, CB, Florida St.

The addition of two LB's certainly can't hurt when looking at our current depth chart.
Adams, provides depth and could use the time to learn.
I have watched Pittman during his time in USC and think he would be a good addition to the WR corps.
Parkinson is a huge redzone target for Burrow and Taylor is a smaller CB that QB's stayed away from.

Trey Adams is an intriguing pick.     Supposedly a couple years ago had people spouting off that he was the top NFL tackle similar to Taylor Lewan.    Then injuries have happened and that has pro longed his stay in college.

26 minutes ago, redsbengalsbucks said:

I would be happy to have Burrows with the #1 pick, but what if?

Miami offers #5, #26 and a second rounder this year and a second rounder in 2021?

Herbert, a LB, a WR and an OL in the top 40 this year would be fine with me.

No.

31 minutes ago, redsbengalsbucks said:

Miami offers #5, #26 and a second rounder this year and a second rounder in 2021?

Decline in all caps, bold face type, if possible.

• Haha 1

59 minutes ago, redsbengalsbucks said:

I've said it before and will say it again, all three of Miami's first rounders this year is the STARTING POINT.
I would want and demand more.  Don't want to give that up ??  Fine, i'm taking Burrow...  eat a dick.

If people think Burrow has the ability to be a truly elite QB, he's worth more than that.
How many teams would have given up the farm if they could go back now and draft Mahomes ??

1 hour ago, redsbengalsbucks said:

I'm open to trade down always have been.   I would want more.     The pluses of your scenario is staying in the top 5 giving them an excellent shot at one of the QBs without any other gymnastics.   Still some risk.    But staying in range of Herbert and Tua is a must until we hear more about Love, Eason etc.

#26 is where it falls flat.      I think they would have to at least throw in #18 in addition.  

Probably to get it over the hump change 2021 2nd rounder to first rounder (the one they got from Houston).

So #5, #18, #26, #56 and first next year (Houston original pick).  Probably would get me to pull the trigger. 

So 6 selections in the first 65 picks this year.

Using some mock draft you could net this or several other scenarios based on what you determined need.

Tua, Ken Murray, Josh Jones, Terrell Lewis, Ibigohgene, Atone Winfield Jr.

Plus 2 firsts next year.     That's too good to pass up, IMO.