Time to begin the rebuild

TJJackson

Miami Dolphins, No. 5, No. 18, No. 25 picks

Hill: No. 5, 18, 25 and 2021 fourth for No. 1.

Traditional: No. 5, 25 and 39 for No. 1.

Meers: No. 5 and 39 for No. 1.

Los Angeles Chargers, No. 6 pick

Hill: No. 6, 37, 71, 2021 first and 2022 first for No. 1.

Traditional: No. 6, 2021 first and second for No. 1

Meers: No. 6 and 37 for No. 1.

Las Vegas Raiders, No. 12, No. 19 picks

Hill: No. 12, 19, 81, 90, 2021 first and 2022 first for No. 1.

Traditional: No. 12, 19 and 2021 first for No. 1.

Meers: No. 12, 80 and 81 for No. 1.

These are various scenario published by CBS Sportsline.   Who knows how realistic these are but supposedly they have some fancy research behind it and it's with merit.

Some of the scenarios are more tempting than others.    I also think the Raiders would pay more because the draft is in Vegas and they'll be thinking a lot about marketing over football sense.

49 minutes ago, volcom69 said:

Getting a little worried they are going to screw this up in someway.

Nobody really knows dude.   Just take it for what's it worth; entertainment.

Either you are buying into Burrow (or any first round QB) can have the Lamar Jackson, Luck, Vick instant impacts OR the 1984 Bengals model that certainly looked f'ed up at the start but in the end that draft manufactured several key starters on their 1988 AFC Championship team

There is probably 100 of examples of all sorts of scenarios to support what world NFL draft world view you want to believe in.

And the end of the day, they got to find some fucking players and not have the likes of Andre Smith and John Jerry sucking as frontline starters.  

“I have no idea who Bill Belichick sits in his office, feet up on the desk watching tape of who he says, ‘I really like that guy,’ whether or not the rest of the league likes him,” King said on NBC Sports. “One of the guys I think — and I know people are going to laugh at this — I think Bill Belichick would really like to work with is Andy Dalton because Andy Dalton is a football player, you know? He’s not Tom Brady. He’s not gonna go down in the pantheon, I get it. Guys who are gonna go down in the pantheon at age 32 are not available, OK? Russell Wilson’s not available. I think Andy Dalton would be a very compelling guy to either be their quarterback for a while or to be their bridge guy to the next quarterback or to take Jarrett Stidham under his wing as Brady did some this year and make the best of Jarrett Stidham for 2021 and beyond.”

I’ve been calling this for a while now. Make an offer, Kraft.

I still think you take Burrow and you make your offense around him. You do whatever LSU did to help him out. 

You bring in a free agent lineman, and LB, and you draft the rest. Mike needs to as Lap said throw the fans a bone and sign some FA. Sign a couple of your FA skill guys to be with Burrow, I still think there is good talent there.

Hey who knows what’s going to happen, I just really want to see Burrow here hopefully it happens.

1 hour ago, AMPHAR said:

Dalton is a ton better than his perception from fans of other teams. 

There is a very good reason for that.  Dalton’s performance in games other fans might have seen, like nationally televised games and playoff games, was absolutely, almost unbelievably, horrible.  It was hard to believe the same guy we’d watch carve up Baltimore in a regular season game, could play as badly as he did in nationally televised games.  Again, and again, and again.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

I don't get the Belichick interest, unless Belichick thinks Dalton can be "fixed" at this age.  That's a lot to ask.  I'd assume he'd at least want someone who doesn't turn it over as much as Dalton does, his gaffes would drive Belichik insane.  Dalton maybe works for a needy team that has a great defense and a solid o-line and coach.  Not sure any of those scenarios really exist right now.  That basically means someone has to get hurt, so Dalton would make a great #2 guy for a rich team, but his price point likely won't allow that.  It'll be interesting to see what happens with him.

There is about a .001% chance Dalton goes to the Patriots. Writers make up wild scenarios to talk about to create buzz and clicks. I doubt the writer themself actually believes much of what they write.

If Belichick can win with Matt Cassel, he doesn't need to take a chance on Dalton. Dalton is a decent QB but a consistent choker. 

On ‎1‎/‎11‎/‎2020 at 8:40 PM, ShulaSteakhouse said:

I don't get the Belichick interest, unless Belichick thinks Dalton can be "fixed" at this age.  That's a lot to ask.  I'd assume he'd at least want someone who doesn't turn it over as much as Dalton does, his gaffes would drive Belichik insane.  Dalton maybe works for a needy team that has a great defense and a solid o-line and coach.  Not sure any of those scenarios really exist right now.  That basically means someone has to get hurt, so Dalton would make a great #2 guy for a rich team, but his price point likely won't allow that.  It'll be interesting to see what happens with him.

I don't think BB would approach it as "fixing" Dalton.    He would approach as to fixing everything around Dalton.   That was proven to work very successfully.

Bengals are past that point now, but there was a reality that if the Bengals keep Marvin and Dalton: Those two win another AFC North Championship.  So there is a level of quality there.

The problem with Lewis AND Dalton was the melt downs in big prime time match ups AND playoffs.    Certainly Bill is going to have a major advantage over Marvin in that.

• Like 1