Time to begin the rebuild

TJJackson

We’d have to be blind not to see the following scenario as it unfolds before our eyes:

We lose to New England, then dead cat bounce our way to ill-advised wins over the dolphins and the Browns.  We go 3-13.  

The Giants truly suck.  They lose out and go 2-14.  

Burrow keeps it going and generates intense interest.

The Giants don’t need a qb, but several other teams do and make offers for the first pick so they can grab Burrow.  The Mara family respects Paul Brown’s legacy, and they try to get a comparable offer from Mike.  Mike harumphs, ponders, harumphs again, then declines to make any trades.  

Someone jumps us for Burrow.  I can see it plain as day.

The Giants have never traded down under Gettleman and know if they do here bengals can just go ahead and take Young. Also, gettleman likes to build from the d-line out and song want to risk not getting Young. I just don’t see that scenario being a problem. 

6 hours ago, COB said:

We’d have to be blind not to see the following scenario as it unfolds before our eyes:

We lose to New England, then dead cat bounce our way to ill-advised wins over the dolphins and the Browns.  We go 3-13.  

The Giants truly suck.  They lose out and go 2-14.  

Burrow keeps it going and generates intense interest.

The Giants don’t need a qb, but several other teams do and make offers for the first pick so they can grab Burrow.  The Mara family respects Paul Brown’s legacy, and they try to get a comparable offer from Mike.  Mike harumphs, ponders, harumphs again, then declines to make any trades.  

Someone jumps us for Burrow.  I can see it plain as day.

Not even worried about it.   Stay in the top 5.      What's coming up is the Mel Kiper wet dream.     By the time April rolls around there will be an untold amount of minutes spent on chewing the fat on which QB prospect will be the best by NFL draft pundits. 

Expect at least 1 prospect to reach the current Burrow status right now.   Probably another.    As these things work you can't praise one QB prospect with throwing dirt on another which right now will be Burrow.   

On ‎12‎/‎7‎/‎2019 at 9:37 PM, TJJackson said:

I am wondering, as bad as our Oline is, why we arent seeing the kid we picked off waivers from the Steelers

the rookie OT we just picked off waivers today from Miami needs to see the field as well

I really don't know.   What pieces of the line are coming back next year?    The line is playing much better after the bye week.   That's kinda been an under the radar development.

Yesterday there were times they road graded the Browns front seven.     Jordan seems to be a guy they think has promise and are willing to bench a player to get him on the field.

The rest is a balancing act because there are individuals that are playing better but how many of them are really going to factor in for next year? 

The Giants play the Dolphins next week. Then the Redskins play the Giants. So then even if the Bengals go 3-13, there can only be a scenario that has them fall to #3.

The Bengals are a lock to get AT LEAST the #3 overall pick as long as the Patriots beat the Bengals next week.

If the Bengals lose to Miami, the #2 overall is locked up.

If the Giants win tonight and the Bengals lose to Miami or Cleveland, #1 overall is ours. 

If the Giants win a single game the rest of the way and the Bengals lose to Miami or Cleveland, the #1 is ours.

Burrow is in our sights.

2 hours ago, Stripes said:

I'll rest when I see with certainty that the Bengals have not completely pulled one out of their asses for the most meaningless win against the Patriots ever conceived. It's very unlikely on paper, but Murphy's Law and all that.

What a kick in the nuts that would be.    Yeah! We beat the Patriots.    Oh shit, one of the biggest wins in franchise history and it means nothing.

4 hours ago, HoosierCat said:

Per OTC the top 51 for 2020 currently account for about $147 million, giving the Bengals roughly $50-55 million. That doesn’t include the nearly $18 million they could free up by cutting or trading Andy.

Mike reads the above, then, “Nancy, quick, bring me my pills.  Quickly.  Erghhh.,, ughhh.,.” (Clutches chest in Fred Sanford like manner.)

• Like 1

16 hours ago, COB said:

Burrow takes the Heisman.  We better tank these last 3 games.  The only thing that can stop us now is us.

Not sure how they can't go QB at this point with #1 or #2.   I'm also not 100% sold on Burrow yet, as are some teams I read.  Ultimately he's a one-year wonder still, just like Akili Smith.  I'm just a bit hesitant this early to be that enamored with him,  but can't see anyone jumping him right now, other than maybe Herbert if a team falls in love with him.  

For perspective, Haskins had similar #'s to Burrow's this year, very similar, but I think Burrow is clearly a better prospect over-all (athletically etc..,).  It would be ideal if we could see Burrow for another year in school, but, not happening.  If he blows-up the playoffs, that could certainly go a long way towards making him #1, if he isn't already.

Browns getting their face kicked in by the Cardinals right now.  Good for us, they’re going to be pissed and be out for blood next week.  Simple, we’ll telegraph all our plays, ten minutes of film study and their DBs will know all our formations, a few Andy specials, and we’re Bound for Burrow!