Time to begin the rebuild

TJJackson

47 minutes ago, HoosierCat said:

Well, until this organization decides on a course of action, whatever they do in the draft will probably end badly.

If we’re rebuilding, then re-fukking-build. Trade the aging talent you can, release the aging talent you can’t. Stockpile picks. Be prepared to spend in free agency. And for heaven’s sake hire some gee-dash-dee-damned scouts!

And you might just want to hire a real head coach with some pro experience, not, y’know, Zac Taylor.

If that’s the direction, then by all means, draft your QB in the first round and let’s see if we can get this oxcart out of the ditch.

OR...

If we aren’t rebuilding, but “reloading” or some other BS euphemism for trying to recreate 2015, then pay Andy Dalton, draft Chase Young first then all the oline you can for the next six rounds, franchise Green if he won’t sign an extension, fire Taylor and hire Jay Gruden because at least he knows how to use the kid. If you can get Hue back as OC, so much the better.

And pay Marvin Lewis wantever he wants to run your scouting operation.

But whichever choice you make, don’t, I repeat, DON’T. DO BOTH. AT. THE. SAME. TIME. That’s how we landed here, now.

Once the FO makes a choice, then we know who we’re going to take.

If the FO continues to avoid making that choice, who we take won’t matter.

The really sad part about this is hiring Jay Gruden with Hue Jackson as there OC maybe the best thing they do :( 

If Taylor is trying to run the Rams offense here no wonder it’s not working, because it sucks! 

The bengals hired Taylor knowing things might go this way, but just wonder how they will give him. For me personally there is no improvement what so ever in any of the coaches here, I have no confidence or hope with who they draft or get will ever be great, because of these coaches. I could be wrong hopefully I am, but for now my hopes are gone. Any talent this team had all now look like dog shit! I will always remember what those guys looked like under “real coaches”

• Like 1

He obviously isn’t Lamar Jackson - there’s only one of him. But Burrow might be the next Carson Palmer type - and the bengals need that. A QB who is really good helps. And that’s worth trying to get. 

• Like 1

I think first and foremost the bengals need to figure out what in the heck they are even doing. There needs to be a plan in place, and go from there. As of now there does not seem to be a plan, but who knows I’m not in that building.

I agree on Burrow I’m a big fan of watching him and hope he is the next big thing here.

• Like 1

They aren’t going to figure out what they’re doing. They are morons. We all know this. 

but a QB who is legit good can mask some of the moron. They are in position to try and get a potential moron mask. They should at least try.

• Like 1

Honestly, I don’t think they have a plan in the traditional sense. Their plan has always been to let things come to them. In the draft, with lower tier FAs.

So their plan develops in reaction to the rest of the teams’ execution of their plans.

But right now it’s probably limited to draft their highest rated draft pick THEN go from there. See IF they can resign Green THEN go from there. 

Bengals Plan for 2020

1.        Bengals legal department to research and file warranty claim regarding the rechargeable battery for the Mega Motion Rascal Elite IV Senior Mobility Scooter.  7 year old battery not holding charge as long as it used to.  Litigation very possible.

2.       Appeal decision again from Dartmouth refusal in the media guide to refer to the quarterback on the 1955 team as “The Swallower of Planets.”

3.       Ask the league if they’ll do something about all this rough stuff around the time of the whistle.  Not very sporting.

4.       Send NFL offices in New York our most recent bid received from the Pacific Rim for the production of official uniforms.  Some real savings to be had there, just need to stop all this Nike nonsense and finally get a good deal on uniforms.

5.       See above, North Korean factory shoulder pad prototypes were good enough, real savings available.

6.       For God’s sake, I went to Harvard Law.

7.       Send a nice fruit basket to Andy’s house.  Put a note in there for Jordan, see how she’s holding up.

8.       Submit to the league, again, meticulously researched 245 page manifesto detailing the tax implications of unfair burden of paying players’ per diem costs on the road.

9.       Have Zac Taylor’s grandad over to the house for dinner again.  What a great guy!!

10.   Read up on next year’s draft class.  Can probably find a copy of Lindy’s Pro Football Draft Preview at the CVS on Montgomery Road. 

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, TJJackson said:

also send ideas to Hobs for showing that the cap is pretty much all used up despite all other sources saying bazillions is available

“Bow  your heads before me, mortal men!  My kingdom is all I survey, and I lay waste to your pathetic hopes!  I am THE ROOKIE POOL!!”

• Like 1

I went to Walmart last night and there were a few vagrants drinking by the cart corral in the parking lot.  I kind of made eye contact with one, and he started yelling at me.  I said wait a minute, no harm done. And he tore his shirt off and was coming at me, fists at the ready, yelling, “it can be like this if you want it, come on!”  Yep, it was the Rookie Pool all hopped up on booze or whatever.  Luckily he got distracted by some crows who were tearing through a Macdonalds bag on the pavement, he started talking to them and I was able to drive away.  

• Like 1

AMENDED BENGALS PLAN 2020

1.  Jordan was angry.  Put Andy back in there, try to avoid winless season.

2.  Complain to publisher about price increase for Lindy’s Pro Football Draft Preview.

3.  Write stern letter to legal department about Mega Motion Rascal Elite IV Senior Mobility Scooter battery life appeal.  Of course it is “football related,” and who could possibly think a mobility battery life appeal is “below” a senior attorney?  Puzzling.

4.  Have Zac’s grandfather over to the club.  

5.  Tell press that starting tackles don’t grow on trees.  Good grief, every game HAS to have a winner AND a loser.  

• Like 1

Joe Burrow's stats on throws where he was hit this season: 24-of-33 72.7% completions 509 yards 4 touchdowns 15.4 yards per attempt 154.4 NFL Rating All are tops in the country. The passer rating is 30 points better than any other QB while being hit in the last six seasons.

Joe Burrow's accuracy is very impressive.   Big attribute coming into the Pros.      Just digging around some previous years knocks on other QBs; lack accuracy in college is a common theme used to down grade QB prospect.   Basically accuracy issues won't get better in the Pro because the speed of the game and passing windows shrink.