Cardinals @ Bengals Game Thread

HoosierCat

It’s pretty tough to go 0-16 but yeah, these first four games have me believing they can do it. This is a baaaaaad team.

For the record, the Bengals’s worst season was 2002’s 2-14 outing. They’ve never had an 0 or 1 win season. So goals I guess?

Looking at the rest of the schedule, there are certainly beatable teams there.
The thing is, the Bengals are simply so bad, it's hard to pick a winner in those matchups.

I would say it's next to impossible to find a worse o-line or line backing corps in the league.
There are probably college units that come "close" to rivaling our level of talent at this point.

Cardinals, Jets, Dolphins, and Raiders are all bad teams.  It will come down to those games for the #1 pick.
Outside of those, you just couldn't pick the Bengals to win.  Seriously.  Not one other.

• Like 1

This is team is hot garbage.  I still think they're at least in the 3-4 win range.  This isn't quite 2002, IMO.

I also think the Bengals will struggle to get the #1 pick when Miami is actively trying to lose.  Maybe the Bengals can ruin their fun week 16 by being the better tankers on the field.

• Like 1

Agreed COB. Again, just for the record, going into next Sunday the Bengals hold the No. 3 overall pick based on SoS tiebreaker. If they somehow win, I think they could theoretically fall all the way to 8.

1 Redskins 0-4 (.625 SoS)

2 Broncos 0-4 (.625)

3 Bengals 0-4 (.667)

4 Dolphins 0-4 (.688)

5 Jets 0-3 (.750)

6 Cardinals 0-3-1 (.594)

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001060989/article/2020-nfl-draft-order-redskins-no-1-eagles-jets-in-top-10

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, HoosierCat said:

Agreed COB. Again, just for the record, going into next Sunday the Bengals hold the No. 3 overall pick based on SoS tiebreaker. If they somehow win, I think they could theoretically fall all the way to 8.

1 Redskins 0-4 (.625 SoS)

2 Broncos 0-4 (.625)

3 Bengals 0-4 (.667)

4 Dolphins 0-4 (.688)

5 Jets 0-3 (.750)

6 Cardinals 0-3-1 (.594)

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001060989/article/2020-nfl-draft-order-redskins-no-1-eagles-jets-in-top-10

Skins, Jets, Cards have all recently taken Franchise QB. 

Broncos/Dolphins are teams you want to stay a ahead of if QB is your target.

If behind Skins, Jets, Cards are ahead of you at QB could fall but also a team could trade up. 

There are 4 QBs the draft nicks talk about 

Tua - Alabama.  Projected No.1 overall

Hebbert - Oregon. Biggest threat to steal No.1 overall

Fromm - Georgia.  

Eason - Washington, Fromm took his job because of injury.  Transferred to UW. 

Andrew Thomas - Georgia OT commonly project top OT and top 5 pick.  Played both left and right in college

Walker Little Stanford- Next Tackle prospect generally in Top 10 range.  Some have him ahead of Thomas. 

Yes, Brown Family, your fans are detailing draft prospects 4 games into the season.

I’d like them to get Tua.  What they’ll do to protect him once he’s here, I have no idea.  If the words “Andre Smith” are involved, Tua should just stay in school for another year.

• Like 2

Tua would be great* but yeah, he’s just turn into the next Klingler behind the LOLine.

The Georgia OT is super tempting. At least on paper, him, Williams and Hopkins means all you have to do is find two decent guards and Price might be one of them.

(*well, great except his name autocorrects to “tuna” every time which is a pain in the ass.)

If you don't have a franchise QB (Love you Andy, but you aren't) and are in a position to get one (we should be) then you do it.

Another problem which is self inflicted upon this organization is their unwillingness to go after a top prospect in free agency.
You don't have to go after 5 of them or even 2 of them.  Just get one impact player to help.
If not that, use some of the players we currently have on the roster and go get one in a trade.

Something, anything.  Be fucking creative.  Just do something to make the team better.
Shit...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, COB said:

Yes, Brown Family, your fans are detailing draft prospects 4 games into the season.

I’d like them to get Tua.  What they’ll do to protect him once he’s here, I have no idea.  If the words “Andre Smith” are involved, Tua should just stay in school for another year.

Lol, I was thinking the same damn thing. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, HoosierCat said:

Tua would be great* but yeah, he’s just turn into the next Klingler behind the LOLine.

The Georgia OT is super tempting. At least on paper, him, Williams and Hopkins means all you have to do is find two decent guards and Price might be one of them.

(*well, great except his name autocorrects to “tuna” every time which is a pain in the ass.)

Good point.   There’s never been a HOF NFL QB with a fish name. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, HoosierCat said:

I would like to know if Price would be a great Guard or not, but the o-line coach benched him for a terrible rookie in Jordan.

I thought Price did pretty good in Buffalo when Jordan was hurt and deserved to get more chance.

3 hours ago, volcom69 said:

I would like to know if Price would be a great Guard or not, but the o-line coach benched him for a terrible rookie in Jordan.

I thought Price did pretty good in Buffalo when Jordan was hurt and deserved to get more chance.

Same. He did get in at the end Monday and promptly got blown up.  But we need to see more of him. 

On 02/10/2019 at 4:20 PM, ArmyBengal said:

Another problem which is self inflicted upon this organization is their unwillingness to go after a top prospect in free agency.

That's the biggest issue right there. The reason why we haven't gotten over that hump or even got anywhere near the top of the ***damn hump !!!