Bengals @ Steelers Game Thread

HoosierCat

AJ is an Unrestricted Free Agent after the season.  They aren't improving with him on the roster to a degree that will matter.
He's developed a trend of injuries lately and is going to be 32 before next season starts.
Trade him before the trade deadline if he's back to healthy by that point.
Thanks AJ, love you man.  Sorry this organization sucks so bad.  Go get a ring, you deserve it.

3 minutes ago, ArmyBengal said:

Came to work and heard all the blah blah blah about last night's game.
Can't say as I've ever been less interested in hearing about or taking part in talk about the Bengals.

Maybe a top pick and a true shot at a top end QB makes a difference, but for some reason I don't think it does.
I just so hate everything that is the Brown family, that it makes it hard for me to hope for much from the Bengals.

Can’t say I blame ya. Any serious conversation is impossible given how bad everyone is. 

Yeah, the Sample pick is looking pretty bad. I thought it made some sense at the time, that Taylor had some system he wanted to install that focused on pounding the rock, but based on the first month I’m having a hard time believing Zac has the smallest clue what he’s doing.

11 minutes ago, ArmyBengal said:

Thanks AJ, love you man.  Sorry this organization sucks so bad.  Go get a ring, you deserve it.

Yup.

AJ would help a young QB.  He’s got value either way.

You can’t let an asset waltz into FA like Whitworth.   They need more immediate value than a comp pick in 2021.  

Keep AJ and he’s a cap hit.  Hopefully can stay healthy but would be a big target for a young QBs. 

Watching what I did last night it looked like a preseason play calling from whoever is calling the plays. Looked like not much went into this game plan what so ever.

I hope Taylor succeeds here I really do but sometimes he looks lost and his play calling seems very dull. I really wish he would have gotten some veteran coaches to help him out. This o-line coach seems like a waste, I know the o-line is trash, but to put the rookie Jordan back in their when he was horrible to begin with WTF, at least Price did ok the other game. 

56 minutes ago, volcom69 said:

Watching what I did last night it looked like a preseason play calling from whoever is calling the plays. Looked like not much went into this game plan what so ever.

I hope Taylor succeeds here I really do but sometimes he looks lost and his play calling seems very dull. I really wish he would have gotten some veteran coaches to help him out. This o-line coach seems like a waste, I know the o-line is trash, but to put the rookie Jordan back in their when he was horrible to begin with WTF, at least Price did ok the other game. 

It’s the weirdest thing to me so far this year, that Zac & Co. look so discombobulated.

I mean, that was one of the big selling points in the offseason. SI did that “24 hours with Zac Taylor” story that mem posted here:

http://forums.bengalszone.com/topic/26010-i-assume-you-all-have-seen-this-mmqb-on-a-day-w-taylor/

And the whole jist of the story was that these guys were, y’know, smart. Yet, after the Seahawks game, they’ve come out looking like a Pop Warner Squad in its first scrimmage.

I get that injuries have killed them. Green is out, Glenn is out, the Great First Round Hope is out, and the LOLine is five tackling dummies on roller skates, but there has to be something you can do with scheme and motion and whatnot to at least moderate those weaknesses. I guess we’ve seen some flashes, like the Buffalo (almost) comeback, but last night they had no answers at all, on offense or defense.

Honestly I don’t know what to think.

Too soon for me to judge the coaches.

This line sucked in 2016 under Alexander.  Sucked in 2017 under Alexander. 2018 under Pollack. 

The talent drain is even worse this year.

What is a coach going to do?  Hopkins was trash in 2016 and he played well last year and is playing well this year.  

Takes time. 

Nobody knows how he will be, but after these first few games, I’m not sure I’m all that impressed. 

Not even just him it’s with every coach. The defense is always confused, guys are always wide open with busted assignments, the d-line has not been the same as week 1.

The offense since week 1 has looked awful, they are so hard to watch, I see no hope in that group at all.

I still believe that Zac would have been better off adding some good veteran coaches to help him out. Marvin was best when he had veteran guys around, those years to me were so fun to watch, they got the best out of there guys and it showed.

Im hoping the best for Zac and hopefully things change and they figure things out.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Stripes said:

The defense is vastly improved over what we saw last year, at least so far (which is striking since it still hasn't been good this year).

There are still so many miscommunications in the backfield leaving guys wide open. There was last year as well.