Bengals @ Steelers Game Thread

HoosierCat

You knew they’d show Vontaze hurting AB in the playoff meltdown.  Funny how the fortunes of so many involved in that mess have turned.

Joey Porter - fired.

Pacman - arrested, cut, out of NFL.

Marvin - fired.

Antonio Brown - went insane, cut, out of the NFL.

Burfict - not re-upped here, gets longest suspension for on field behavior ever.  Full season.

Ben - Out for the year with arm surgery.

• Like 1

It is sad where this team is now, I feel like I’m back in the 90s and early 2000s with Shula coaching all over again, not knowing what is going on. 

It’s just sad that I have no interest in this team at all at this point. I sat on my PC playing games listening to the bengals in the background till halftime then turned them off. If I wanted to watch them suck, then I would have rather seen a team try to rebuild rather then think they have a shot at something. 

Cant wait to eventually watch another QB throw the ball for this team, with a offense line that can pass block and actually open holes for running backs. I feel this day will come just not for a long time, till then I have no interest in this joke of a squad that I have been watching for the last couple of years!

• Like 1

What a great night !!

Watched a little less than a half of the game while having some drinks, decided to keep drinking but switch to Gears of War 5 with my son, and killed a shit ton of badass aliens with weapons I could only have dreamt of having in Afghanistan.

Overall, it was a real winner of a evening.

No o-line and no linebackers worth a shit.

Nope, didn’t see that coming did we ??

• Like 1

What a shit show.  Glad the Steelers enjoy beating up on Mike Brown’s island of misfit toys.

It’s over for Mike.  His o-line drafting ruined the franchise.  Double tackle year fucked us, then he proceeded to go all in on Buckeyes, and that’s a bust too.  Price can’t get on the field, and when he does he’s a welcome mat for guys on the way to crush Dalton.  Jordan does not look great.  

I honestly think this is Mike’s swan song.  His masterpiece.  At his age, he doesn’t have another 5-7 years to see a rebuild come to fruition.  This is it for him.  His family needs to have a brutally honest conversation with him.  These things are never easy but it has to happen.  

We play the dolphins in week 16 to determine which franchise gets to ruin Tua’s career.  I honestly don’t even care.  We’re fucked.

Changed goals of the season: 

1. Lock up top 5 pick

2. They keep saying Williams is done but that’s not in stone.  He’s pup listed.  Hopefully they can get him live action reps back half of season.  If not maybe practice reps.  Anything is better than nada. 

3. Finely at some point needs live action reps

4. Tag and Trade Green.

5. Trade Dalton

6. Must take QB or OT first pick.  

1 hour ago, COB said:

What a shit show.  Glad the Steelers enjoy beating up on Mike Brown’s island of misfit toys.

It’s over for Mike.  His o-line drafting ruined the franchise.  Double tackle year fucked us, then he proceeded to go all in on Buckeyes, and that’s a bust too.  Price can’t get on the field, and when he does he’s a welcome mat for guys on the way to crush Dalton.  Jordan does not look great.  

I honestly think this is Mike’s swan song.  His masterpiece.  At his age, he doesn’t have another 5-7 years to see a rebuild come to fruition.  This is it for him.  His family needs to have a brutally honest conversation with him.  These things are never easy but it has to happen.  

We play the dolphins in week 16 to determine which franchise gets to ruin Tua’s career.  I honestly don’t even care.  We’re fucked.

Unfortunately, I don’t see any reason to think Troy and Katie will be any different than the old man. Katie has no incentive to change the organization’s spending ha it’s, given how wealthy those habits have made The Family over the past three decades. Troy’s “we tried everything we could at OT so sit down and shut up” rant earlier this year shows he’s Mike’s son in spirit if not in biology.

So yeah, screwed we are. The Bengals are clearly going to have a top 3 pick and I wouldn’t be surprised if whatever QB they take pulls an Eli Manning/Chargers bit and refuses to play for the team. Honestly would be the smart play.

Came to work and heard all the blah blah blah about last night's game.
Can't say as I've ever been less interested in hearing about or taking part in talk about the Bengals.

Maybe a top pick and a true shot at a top end QB makes a difference, but for some reason I don't think it does.
I just so hate everything that is the Brown family, that it makes it hard for me to hope for much from the Bengals.

57 minutes ago, AMPHAR said:

Changed goals of the season: 

1. Lock up top 5 pick

2. They keep saying Williams is done but that’s not in stone.  He’s pup listed.  Hopefully they can get him live action reps back half of season.  If not maybe practice reps.  Anything is better than nada. 

3. Finely at some point needs live action reps

4. Tag and Trade Green.

5. Trade Dalton

6. Must take QB or OT first pick.  

Pretty much. I might add, ride Bernard hard. No sense in wearing tread off Mixon’s tires this year.

3 minutes ago, HoosierCat said:

d I wouldn’t be surprised if whatever QB they take pulls an Eli Manning/Chargers bit and refuses to play for the team. Honestly would be the smart play.

Wouldn’t surprise me a bit.  Their holes are so glaring that maybe trading AJ and Dalton, if you could get anything worthwhile for him, might be smart.  Stockpile, package them up, then draft and FA sign a new group of O linemen and linebackers.  As well as the obvious Round 1 gunslinger.  

Sadly, Mike values loyalty so much that AJ’s statement this summer that he absolutely wanted to stay a Bengal probably locked him in Cincy forever.  A classic example of nice guys finish last.