Bengals @ Steelers Game Thread

HoosierCat

10 minutes ago, volcom69 said:

I see Burfict has yet to learn how to tackle.

The guy should just leave football before he forgets who he even is anymore. He is really going to hurt himself or others with his head tackling.

Well, he may not have much choice about leaving. NFL just suspended him for the rest of the year today.

We should all be accustomed to seeing those types of hits from Burfict.
While I love tough nosed, hard hitting football, the NFL just isn't going to tolerate going much above that.
Burfict has a habit of going MUCH above that.
Not shocked...

Regarding tonight's game, I thought it was yesterday as I typically blow off this matchup.  I might actually watch a little bit of the game since that's the case.
Thank God I have some cold adults beverages at the house.  Something tells me I might need it !!!

• Like 1

Technically no one’s season is buried tonight due to the Browns winning.

The winner is a game back.  Loser is 2 games back.   Both teams will have 4 games head to head against the team’s they trail.  

From a reality stand point, I’ve watched with lowest of expectations.  That isn’t going to change either. 

Really curious to see if Zac and muster a high scoring game in which Marvin always seemed to struggle to put points on the board against them. 

Really think the hit wasn’t bad ??

Player on the ground, albeit didn’t give himself up, and Burfict comes in lowering his helmet to “down” him ?? That is Burfict being typical of what we’ve always seen from him.

Think the suspension is totally justified by today’s rules and I’ve always liked Burfict.

Ready to be driven nuts by the worst crew in the game.  I don't even think Booger McFarland is the worst of them.  Tessitore annoys the absolute shit out of me for reasons I would struggle to articulate.  It's like every word he utters is infused with DRAMA and STORYLINES, and I just want him to shut the hell up.

I'm okay.  I'm good.

• Like 1

At least for primetime game one of the Taylor era, I'm willing to wait and see.  Marvin's teams sucked in primetime for reasons that seemed tangible and obvious -- conservative game management, treating them like "just another week" and ending up with half the energy of the opponent, etc.  Granted, those matchups were frequently of the @NE or @KC variety.  At least this time the other guys suck ass.

Completely ready to watch the righteous force for good that is our Cincinnati Bengals football team.  

As for the ongoing criminal enterprise known as the Pittsburgh Steelers, its reign of stupidity, sexual assault, and just plain bad taste is very close to an end.  

Let’s go Bengals!