Bengals @ Bills Game Thread

HoosierCat

Nah,  you have to give them credit for getting a lead then a last gasp for a chance to win.

Zac is impressive, IMO, finding offense when we are simply overmatched up front and Andy isn’t playing great.

Very good bounce back effort today by defense.

I think they got screwed at the end of first half with that fumble.  

I didn't have any problems with officiating decisions in this game.  Some things could be called ticky-tack (like the hold on the return), but a rule's a rule.

I think they made the right calls, at least by review (if not on the field) with respect to the fumble, catch-not-catch, etc.

The rules expert on TV had it as a fumble recovery.  

That was the 3rd time he’s been contradicted this season during our game. I think it was a clear recovery.  

I think they  missed a couple blatant holds on DEa.  Their o-line had problems blocking our d-line. and if your going to call a Safety for tackling a helmet then call the TE for getting into the face mask of a safety. 

Also the end of game play could really have gone the other way.  

I think they reviewed the Burfict Int in the playoff game to see if he was touched down. 

Going to be honest I like Dalton never had a problem with him, I think I'm just tired! Tired of losing, tired of the same old bengals offense being so boring, the defense lineman getting to the QB but never finishing, the LBs being so slow, the secondary never being even close to the WR, they are always so wide open.

Just tired of being bored when I watch this team, and watching them shoot themselves in the foot.

Just ready for a rebuild I guess, would like to see what Taylor has in him the rest of the year, but would love to see what he can do with his players he wants. Of course Brown still runs the show so I'm sure will never see it, but would be nice. 

Yea it's not that I don't like Dalton, it's just I'm kind of tired of the same old thing. 

Sure maybe with a better o-line and an actual running game he would be so much better, but this team has neither, and it's just hard to really get into games watching him play. 

Oh well it is what it is

Good buddy Bengals fan of mine said to me today “ Man! It seems like Dalton gets passes batted down all the time, every game, and in all the critical situations.”

I agreed with him and it’s really the only thing I can say that I dislike about Andy.  Wish he still had Whit and Zeitler blocking for him.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, volcom69 said:

This is just a bad team can't wait for them to do some rebuilding of this team. There are a few good players but not enough to be competitive.

If Dalton was more accurate on his longer ball that Ross pass could have been a TD, granted if Ross caught it.

Yeah, that’s just the thing: where’s the rebuild? Feels like they’re just wasting a year. This is still the same team (mostly) as last year. What the hell’s the plan? Oh, right, it’s Cincy, there is no plan.

Yea and I wanna be excited and be happy when football Sunday comes rolling, a brand new coach new attitude, but there is just nothing different about the team that's on the field.

I still watch and listen for awhile, but when I realize it's the same thing I've been watching for the last few years I turn it off. Just wish I was more excited or had something to really root for. 

• Sad 1

I don’t know.   My thought about Marvin was he got what was expected some of the time and a lot of the time squandered talent.

3 week’s in a row they’ve been woefully overmatched at the offensive line and somehow they had chances in 2 of the 3 to win in the 4th quarter.  

There’s probably some truth in the can’t find 53 NFL players thread but that’s to be ignored when assessing differences? 

Teams they’ve played are 8-1.   

I have low expectations this year but in 2 of the 3 games I’ve felt encouraged afterward.

I'm still trying to keep remembering my expectations for this year.  I thought this was a losing season, but still interested in seeing what the new coach does.
In all honesty, I should be very happy.  They are who I thought they were and I haven't seen some of the stupid coaching I had grown accustomed to with Melvin.

There is obviously a change of philosophy as well in that we've seen 3rd round picks getting cut on both sides of the ball and an apparent willingness to go with the young guys in some instances.
Jefferson, Malone and Core are all gone.  Auden Tate led all receivers in yesterday's game and UDFA (Willis) has been playing since week 1.

There was at least an effort to improve the o-line and an injury will delay that progression for the whole season.
While I don't think they did enough to address the needs of the team in the offseason (I'm looking at the LB's and o-line), there was at least some effort.

My thoughts after 3 games is they really should start the move in a new direction.  If that means getting rid of some high priced guys, then do that and start over.
Honestly though, that would begin and end with one Mr. Dalton.  While always liking him and not hating like most, even I can acknowledge that it's just time.
Don't sink more money into him.  Just move on and see what you have in Finley and then decide if it needs to be addressed in the draft.
If it does, don't fuck around and go get your guy.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ArmyBengal said:

I'm still trying to keep remembering my expectations for this year.  I thought this was a losing season, but still interested in seeing what the new coach does.
In all honesty, I should be very happy.  They are who I thought they were and I haven't seen some of the stupid coaching I had grown accustomed to with Melvin.

There is obviously a change of philosophy as well in that we've seen 3rd round picks getting cut on both sides of the ball and an apparent willingness to go with the young guys in some instances.
Jefferson, Malone and Core are all gone.  Auden Tate led all receivers in yesterday's game and UDFA (Willis) has been playing since week 1.

There was at least an effort to improve the o-line and an injury will delay that progression for the whole season.
While I don't think they did enough to address the needs of the team in the offseason (I'm looking at the LB's and o-line), there was at least some effort.

My thoughts after 3 games is they really should start the move in a new direction.  If that means getting rid of some high priced guys, then do that and start over.
Honestly though, that would begin and end with one Mr. Dalton.  While always liking him and not hating like most, even I can acknowledge that it's just time.
Don't sink more money into him.  Just move on and see what you have in Finley and then decide if it needs to be addressed in the draft.
If it does, don't fuck around and go get your guy.

I think that’s a fair assessment ( wouldn’t expect anything less from you) and I think you’re right about some improvements coming. I’m looking at aj green coming back. Right in time for a dead Cat bounce streak of 3-5 games where ppl will say “see, if they could just do that for 16 games “  nonsense  

The defense cant be helped. There are several linebackers that could come in and start yet they do jack shit.  For that they’ll lose more than 11 games just like the Seattle game. Offense will click, defense can’t lace their cleats. Agreed that Dalton should let the string play out. 

• Like 1