Sign in to follow this  
ArmyBengal

In-Season Roster Moves Thread

On 10/9/2019 at 2:25 PM, ArmyBengal said:

Yeah our linebackers are so fucking lights out that we couldn’t give a shot to a kid who runs with 4.4 speed ?? Glad that little bitch is gone.

Jesus...

Their insistence on playing the horrible trio of Vigil/Brown/Evans is completely assinine at this point, there has GOT to be someone better on their roster, or off.  Maybe Vigil has some value as a nickel LB or ST'er, but beyond that, all 3 of them are garbage (and I had some slight hopes for Evans, but he's just too damn slow).

Just keep throwing guys out there and see who wants it the most - every damn week, Taylor needs to grow a freakin' pair and quit sweet talking these guys.  I swear this franchise doesn't give two shi%s about winning.

Billy Price to start at LG in place of Jordan, or whoever,  Redmond to LT, competing for that spot with Rubin I believe.

They need to keep moving Price around and either make him earn that 1st round paycheck or come to realization they fucking missed again and move on. Sitting on the bench solves nothing and it’s not like this o-line is so good his play would drag them down further.

Hell, MY play couldn’t drag THIS o-line down further. They suck !!

Bengals making various statements to let us know they’re not in “blow it up” mode.  No rebuild needed, just get a few guys healthy.

Mike doesn’t do anything when he’s 0-6.  He’ll wait until some year when they’re REALLY 0-6.

The Bengals today acquired OT/G Fred Johnson on waivers from Pittsburgh and placed DE Kerry Wynn on the Reserve/Injured list (concussion).

Johnson (6-7, 325), a rookie out of the University of Florida, was originally a college free agent signee of the Steelers in May. He was inactive for Pittsburgh’s first five games this season before being waived on Friday.

Wynn, a sixth-year player, appeared in the Bengals’ first two games this season and recorded two tackles. He suffered a concussion in Game 2 vs. San Francisco, and was inactive for Games 3-6.

4 hours ago, AMPHAR said:

Well,  the Steelers got their starting LT from our undrafted cuts. 

Everything I have read he seems pretty darn good, could end up being a really good player. They should play him and see what he has got. Came from Florida so played against some pretty good guys as well

I guess I should say as long as this coaching staff can coach these young guys up. 

That’s what makes these great teams good they have late round and undrafted picks that are starting for them or come in during injury and don’t miss a beat. 

I just hope this current staff can get guys like that to play make no names into something special.

Steeler fans seemed to be annoyed that they exposed him to practice squad risking losing him.  

Probably more of a guard.   Research shows he was a 3 star ranked high school recruit.  Had other offers from Nebraska, Marshall, Va Tech, and Miami.

Steelers made him a priority UDFA signing.  Most draft profiles had him as drafted player in 7th round. 

CBS sportline had him among top 25 non drafted players. 

Clearly showed promise in preseason enough to make practice squad. 

• Like 1

Sad days when we are talking up an undrafted free agent OG in college that we picked up because another team dumped him and we hope he becomes our new starting RT.

Jesus help this team.

I hope not wrong either they need someone to step up whether it’s a vet or a undrafted rookie I don’t care, just do something lol.

3 hours ago, volcom69 said:

I hope not wrong either they need someone to step up whether it’s a vet or a undrafted rookie I don’t care, just do something lol.

Exactly.  When the draft classes of 2004 and 2005 fell apart then things eventually came crashing down in 2008 they made a series of short term moves that turned things around quickly. 

They nailed quite a few trash heap moves and 1 year FA defensive vet moves that filled holes.  

They basically right now have 1 guy you can pencil as a decent starter along the line for next year.  The rest is a mystery. 

Hopefully ole Fred can bump somebody to the bench.