In-Season Roster Moves Thread

ArmyBengal

On 10/9/2019 at 2:25 PM, ArmyBengal said:

Yeah our linebackers are so fucking lights out that we couldn’t give a shot to a kid who runs with 4.4 speed ?? Glad that little bitch is gone.

Jesus...

Their insistence on playing the horrible trio of Vigil/Brown/Evans is completely assinine at this point, there has GOT to be someone better on their roster, or off.  Maybe Vigil has some value as a nickel LB or ST'er, but beyond that, all 3 of them are garbage (and I had some slight hopes for Evans, but he's just too damn slow).

Just keep throwing guys out there and see who wants it the most - every damn week, Taylor needs to grow a freakin' pair and quit sweet talking these guys.  I swear this franchise doesn't give two shi%s about winning.

They need to keep moving Price around and either make him earn that 1st round paycheck or come to realization they fucking missed again and move on. Sitting on the bench solves nothing and it’s not like this o-line is so good his play would drag them down further.

Hell, MY play couldn’t drag THIS o-line down further. They suck !!

The Bengals today acquired OT/G Fred Johnson on waivers from Pittsburgh and placed DE Kerry Wynn on the Reserve/Injured list (concussion).

Johnson (6-7, 325), a rookie out of the University of Florida, was originally a college free agent signee of the Steelers in May. He was inactive for Pittsburgh’s first five games this season before being waived on Friday.

Wynn, a sixth-year player, appeared in the Bengals’ first two games this season and recorded two tackles. He suffered a concussion in Game 2 vs. San Francisco, and was inactive for Games 3-6.

4 hours ago, AMPHAR said:

Well,  the Steelers got their starting LT from our undrafted cuts. 

Everything I have read he seems pretty darn good, could end up being a really good player. They should play him and see what he has got. Came from Florida so played against some pretty good guys as well

I guess I should say as long as this coaching staff can coach these young guys up. 

That’s what makes these great teams good they have late round and undrafted picks that are starting for them or come in during injury and don’t miss a beat. 

I just hope this current staff can get guys like that to play make no names into something special.

Steeler fans seemed to be annoyed that they exposed him to practice squad risking losing him.  

Probably more of a guard.   Research shows he was a 3 star ranked high school recruit.  Had other offers from Nebraska, Marshall, Va Tech, and Miami.

Steelers made him a priority UDFA signing.  Most draft profiles had him as drafted player in 7th round. 

CBS sportline had him among top 25 non drafted players. 

Clearly showed promise in preseason enough to make practice squad. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, volcom69 said:

I hope not wrong either they need someone to step up whether it’s a vet or a undrafted rookie I don’t care, just do something lol.

Exactly.  When the draft classes of 2004 and 2005 fell apart then things eventually came crashing down in 2008 they made a series of short term moves that turned things around quickly. 

They nailed quite a few trash heap moves and 1 year FA defensive vet moves that filled holes.  

They basically right now have 1 guy you can pencil as a decent starter along the line for next year.  The rest is a mystery. 

Hopefully ole Fred can bump somebody to the bench. 

The Bengals today signed free agent DE Anthony Zettel and waived HB Samaje Perine.

Zettel (6-4, 275), a fourth-year player, originally was a college free agent signee of the Detroit Lions in 2016. He was with the Lions from 2016-17, before joining the Cleveland Browns in ’18. He was waived by Cleveland on final cuts this season. Zettel has played in 44 career games (16 starts), and has 70 tackles, 7.5 sacks and a forced fumble.

Perine, a third-year player, joined the Bengals on Sept. 1 as a waiver acquisition from the Washington Redskins. He had played in all six games for Cincinnati this season, and had four special teams tackles.

The Bengals today signed HB Samaje Perine (pronounced “suh-MAH-jay PEE-rhine”) to the practice squad and released OT Dino Boyd from the practice squad.

Perine, a third-year player, had been waived from the team’s 53-player roster on Wednesday. He originally joined the Bengals on Sept. 1 as a waiver acquisition from the Washington Redskins. He had played in the first six games for Cincinnati this season, and had four special teams tackles.

Boyd, a rookie out of the University of Cincinnati, had signed to the Bengals’ practice squad on Sept. 17.

How about this for a trade....

AJ Green to San Francisco for Mike McGlinchy and the 5th they just got from Denver.

McGlinchy is still in his rookie contract and is playing at a high level and it is very possible that the 49ers would balk at trading him but their offensive line is good and deep McGlinchy is playing the more devalued position at RT and their WR room needs a sure fire #1, there of course would have to be an agreement on an extension to go with this from the AJ camp.  On top of that McGlinchy is currently injured and out for 4-6 weeks whereas Green is very close to ready to come back. 

For the 49ers, they need to go all-in for this season, for the Bengals, this season is shot, they need to look at the future and getting a good young Tackle prior to the draft would be a great move.  On our end, McGlinchy at RT and Jonah Williams at LT going forward would pave the way to pick a QB in rd. 1 next draft otherwise we will need to fix the offensive line before drafting any QB IMHO.

40 minutes ago, Wraith said:

How about this for a trade....

AJ Green to San Francisco for Mike McGlinchy and the 5th they just got from Denver.

McGlinchy is still in his rookie contract and is playing at a high level and it is very possible that the 49ers would balk at trading him but their offensive line is good and deep McGlinchy is playing the more devalued position at RT and their WR room needs a sure fire #1, there of course would have to be an agreement on an extension to go with this from the AJ camp.  On top of that McGlinchy is currently injured and out for 4-6 weeks whereas Green is very close to ready to come back. 

For the 49ers, they need to go all-in for this season, for the Bengals, this season is shot, they need to look at the future and getting a good young Tackle prior to the draft would be a great move.  On our end, McGlinchy at RT and Jonah Williams at LT going forward would pave the way to pick a QB in rd. 1 next draft otherwise we will need to fix the offensive line before drafting any QB IMHO.

I would hate to see Green go, but I wouldn’t complain much about that deal. It would also allow them to move/cut Glenn, who obviously doesn’t want to be here any more. Even if it’s just a junk 7th I’ll take it.