Redskins Preseason Glorified Practice

COB

A competent QB and OC can throw to Running backs and TEs all day long in the preseason.

Defenses mostly are playing straight up and the rules favor the offense. 

Theses are even more meaningless than they were previously.   

They are held to fulfill media obligations for revenue that’s it. 

On 8/15/2019 at 6:45 PM, COB said:

Lap just said Westerman didn’t travel to the game and is pondering retirement.  Anyone feel like running down to PBS to play line?  Probably get yourself a tryout.

Hahaha sure why not ?  Maybe I can wear a 100 pound flak jacket vest or something 

On 8/15/2019 at 10:41 PM, ShulaSteakhouse said:

Bengals' win! 23-13.

Back-ups stole the show, Wynn, Willis with the rush, Ellis, Tate and Finley helped score 17 points I believe.

Starting unit was bloody awful.

I agree terrible starting units.  This team looks like 4 or 5 win team at best

On 8/15/2019 at 9:48 PM, combatbengal said:

Hello All, it's been a very long time since I got in here. Now I know it's only preseason, but this team looks worse than Lewis Bengals! Horrible! And I haven't seen any improvement from the 1st game. Penalties, missed tackles, missed kicks.... 

As bad as I can remember seeing as far as Number 1 units go in the preseason.  All those draft picks and money on the defense and still scored on like nothing.  This team can not find cover linebackers no matter what they try to do

I was at the game (and almost no one else was / maybe MAYBE 15,000 in the stadium).

i dont know that you can take anything away from the first few drives for the offense - the amount of penalty flags was staggering - there was no flow to the game. And, per goodberry, several of the holding calls were extreme bullshit. So they were behind on down and distance for those series. So many flags on both teams it was excruciating to watch live. It’s like the officials thought the few of us that showed up came to see them. 

• Like 1

On 8/16/2019 at 11:17 PM, ShulaSteakhouse said:

I don't think anyone's saying he's a future starter yet,  and I'd certainly expect them to draft a franchise QB next year if the right one is there.  Driskell has had some nice preseason games too.  But they used a 4th rounder on him,  Taylor's a former QB, etc.., As long as Finley is playing well, can't complain.  We'll see what happens I guess, be it this year or next.

Kurt Warner did not say he was a future starter.   He did say he was more impressive so far  than some of the higher drafted QBs that carry the burden of expectations to be starters and potentially franchise players. 

So that’s a good thing to read.