Redskins Preseason Glorified Practice

COB

Looking forward to seeing the first team offense tonight.  I don’t know if it’ll be one series, or any series at all.  Hopefully they’ll execute like they did last week.

After that, our depth guys will likely get killed by their depth guys, because reality.

Haskins will be fun to watch, Jay was hopeful after his debut last week.  Which went as expected - multiple picks.

• Like 1

My gosh football is not the same to me anymore. These penalties have to be the worst thing ever,  it's just not football to me.

Oh and as for Dalton, yea I'm getting a little bored of him as well. Not everything is his fault the o-line is trash, the penalties are even worse, but just bored of watching him. 

12 minutes ago, volcom69 said:

My gosh football is not the same to me anymore. These penalties have to be the worst thing ever,  it's just not football to me.

Oh and as for Dalton, yea I'm getting a little bored of him as well. Not everything is his fault the o-line is trash, the penalties are even worse, but just bored of watching him. 

The NFL definitely isn't.  And yeah I'm not pinning the state of this team on him,  the two bad throws were all on him though,  but he's not going to overcome 4-5 holding penalties the first two drives either.  

I didn’t see the start of the game.   I think end of first quarter on except for 1 blown coverage Bengals looked dominant.

I don’t know what shakes out on the o-line but I’m glad they are getting reps to young players.  With today’s practice culture it’s hard to get them decent full go snaps.  

Really just take it at face value, glad they won. 

Just the fact that Taylor is letting guys compete for jobs on the line is a huge step forward.  With Marvin (and Mike) if you were drafted fairly high, you played.  Billy Price getting relegated to backup would have never happened a couple years ago. It’s progress.

Really what did people expect, there top pick of the draft is gone, there best WR is out for awhile, there off-season was terrible they didn't bring anyone in that's a game changer. So it's pretty much the same shitty team with a new head coach.

I guess the thing that makes me mad is new head coach but same old problems. The penalties are ridiculous! With a bad team all the penalties need to stop or your just going to make it worse. So hopefully they find a way to stop that.

Oh and I really want to see Finley with the number 1 unit against a number 1 defense. I like what I have seen with him just want to see it with the number 1s.

6 hours ago, COB said:

Just the fact that Taylor is letting guys compete for jobs on the line is a huge step forward.  With Marvin (and Mike) if you were drafted fairly high, you played.  Billy Price getting relegated to backup would have never happened a couple years ago. It’s progress.

True.  Billy Price would have started and gotten a handful of snaps last night if Marvin was here. 

Instead he’s running with the 2s and playing significant snaps.

15 hours ago, AMPHAR said:

Title of the thread says it all.  Glorified practice.  

First 2 games have not been needle movers at all.    Finely looks like a competent dink and dunk qb thus far.  Can his confidence grow the next two games to start chucking them down field? 

Don't think he needs to necessarily, but yeah can't remember a single deep sideline or post route he threw in either game.  Throws a catchable ball, but gotta wonder about arm strength leading NFL WR's (no idea how good he is at that, am guessing not great).

11 hours ago, ArmyBengal said:

I love what we’ve seen from Finley and his accuracy has been phenomenal. That being said, I’m going to need more than two games against back ups to move the needle much more.

Absolutely would not surprise me to them draft a QB high next year.

I don't think anyone's saying he's a future starter yet,  and I'd certainly expect them to draft a franchise QB next year if the right one is there.  Driskell has had some nice preseason games too.  But they used a 4th rounder on him,  Taylor's a former QB, etc.., As long as Finley is playing well, can't complain.  We'll see what happens I guess, be it this year or next.