4th Round Pick (C): Michael Jordan, OG, OSU

ArmyBengal

27 minutes ago, Wraith said:

I think this is a good move, he will certainly put butts in seats, I am just worried about his age and which position he will play.....has a massive catch radius though so maybe WR or TE?

You got me Wraith, I was going back to the last post and checking the thread name.  Could have sworn we were talking about an OLguy LOL

Jordan has a high ceiling but was a bit disappointing at times while at OSU.  I would think he'd be able to earn a roster spot here, and who knows with some NFL coaching and strength training, he could turn into a starter in the next year or two.  G depth was badly needed,  so, solid pick.

• 3 months later...
On 8/13/2019 at 11:34 PM, COB said:

I read that they moved him up to practice with the 1s, at right guard.  Also read they moved Billy Price and have him working with the 2s at guard and center.

yeah, probably not a good sign for Price not being able to stick at C as a 1st round pick.  Hopkins seems to have taken him over this year.  I'm a big OSU fan, but Price has been disappointing and I wasn't all that enamored with the pick (the position, yes, the player, no - always felt he was overrated and a potential injury-prone player).  You just wonder if he was a Mike Brown pick since he was a Buckeye.  Hopefully he can get/stay healthy and fulfill his potential.

This may break a Bengals record if 3 Off Linemen retire in 1 offseason.  Makes you wonder what is going on down at Paul Brown Stadium... Taylor and Turner must be thinking what have we gotten into... or how long can we keep this mirage going before we are found out and fired ?  

I remember thinking when he was picked, tho I didnt post about it, that we should have taken another OT, not an OG

Part of me still feels this way, especially given that we lost the r1 tackle to injury, and I dont see Glenn remaining out of the trainers room all year

That said, we've lost some guards I was counting on.....and I am glad to see his contribution level is strong at this point - always good to get starting potential from any pick, but especially a day 3 pick

Next draft, tho - please please please gimme an OT, not an OG

3 retirements?  Until some details come out, I don’t think it’s a big deal.

Boling wasn’t an abrupt retirement.  They knew during the offseason it was possible. 

Perkins,  bought me a breakfast burrito one time.  So I’m sad to see him go.  But he was a bottom of the roster guys with the old staff.  

Westerman.  The same as Perkins.  PFF had a hardon for this guy but none of his coaches did.