4th Round Pick (B): Renell Wren, DT, Arizona St.

ArmyBengal

• ArmyBengal unpinned and unlocked this topic

Potential DT starter in the 4th, if nothing else could very well be solid rotation depth, other than the odd 2nd round pick (which they ultimately used to grab Finley with the extra pick rec'd etc..,), pretty solid draft.  

Any time you keep Mike Brown from reaching for troubled WR's and Rb's, you've done your job.

7 hours ago, cincyhokie said:

That film shows he needs some development.  I think he may have done a swim move a couple times, but bull rush is his move and he does it well.

We already have enough players that get close to the QB and cant make a move to make the play.

• 3 weeks later...

Just getting caught up with some draft prospects. 

The guy is bigger than Billings.  My first thought is will they keep Billings?

Second thought was he’ll be the NT role like Peko in a 4-3.  Asked to eat blockers.

3rd thought was if he gets passing downs he’ll be in the Margus Hunt role at DT just to push pocket and eat blockers.

Then I watched the above film.  Played a lot on passing downs.  Dropped into coverage some.   Dominated his man several times if he lined up one on one. 

Look like he has first step get through a gap.

I don’t see short area quickness once beating the blocks to get a lot of sacks.   

It will be interesting to see what happens with this guy.  

They are so short on DT’s there’s no way they don’t keep everyone. How and where the new coaching staff decides to utilize them is anyone’s guess.

Just read about the new linebacker coach who’s name I still can’t recall and it reminded me that we won’t be able to base anything off of what we used to do.

Sounds like anything but the boring we’ve grown accustomed to.

4 hours ago, ArmyBengal said:

They are so short on DT’s there’s no way they don’t keep everyone. How and where the new coaching staff decides to utilize them is anyone’s guess.

Just read about the new linebacker coach who’s name I still can’t recall and it reminded me that we won’t be able to base anything off of what we used to do.

Sounds like anything but the boring we’ve grown accustomed to.

I have a feeling this season is going to make us more pissed at Marvin. And all the wasted talent and years. Not that I think they'll make the playoffs. But I do think we'll see a difference in performance in much better and refreshing way, like you said.