"Official Draft Day(s) Thread"

ArmyBengal

15 minutes ago, TJJackson said:

*sigh* I stopped reading the draft profile after the first sentence......"Pratt only started one game in three years with the Wolfpack"

I tell you what.....I will bulk up a little, but some pads and gatorade, and go play LB for the Bengals.  I've only started 1 fewer game than this guy, so I should be fine

I don't think this is accurate. He started last year and led NC State in tackles in every game.

These players may not be the names I was expecting, but OT, TE and LB are three positions that I was hoping they would spend some time on in the early rounds.

Jonah Williams goes a long way to helping both sides of the team, the blocking TE will help Mixon control games on the ground and any top 3 round LB will probably push for  playing time if not a starting position.

Not giddy about the picks, but happy that the team finally seems to see the holes in this team for what they actually are.

2 minutes ago, cincyhokie said:

Zac Taylor cleaning up the O line mess that Melvin and Alexander left behind. Of course, that doesn't explain the Bobby Hart signing.

I think Hart was “just in case”. Let them handle their business at the draft and take who they wanted rather than who they had to take. Hart can be a good backup swing tackle hopefully.

Pretty good draft.  They got the positions they needed.  Would’ve liked for them to take LBers earlier instead of TE, considering how many picks they had.

They took some guys for potential and depth at the end of the draft as usual.  I really like the OL picks and the LB talent, even if the Auburn guy was later rounds.

Just wanted to say thanks to RedsBengalsBucks and Wraith for helping close out the threads yesterday.
I made some edits to keep things consistent and make it easy for those looking for the players we picked.

This was the first time in a few years I was this involved with the picks on the board.
Thank you Zac Taylor for making the draft interesting again for us fans !!!

59 minutes ago, ArmyBengal said:

Just wanted to say thanks to RedsBengalsBucks and Wraith for helping close out the threads yesterday.
I made some edits to keep things consistent and make it easy for those looking for the players we picked.

This was the first time in a few years I was this involved with the picks on the board.
Thank you Zac Taylor for making the draft interesting again for us fans !!!

Very welcome, I was enjoying the draft discussions here and tried to keep it going.

I need to work on consistency just like a few of our draft picks LOL

Thanks for what you do to keep the discussions going Army!

Seriously, I have been a fan of the draft since before it was cool to be a fan of the draft.
However, the last 3 years under Marvin totally ruined it for me.  You just knew he wasn't going to do anything regardless of the picks.
It became much like watching the team these last 2-3 seasons.....  Who cares ??

Getting back to it on the boards was a nice reminder of how much I really enjoy it.
Maybe next year I spend more time on the players, as I got a late jump this season.

Thanks again....

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎4‎/‎26‎/‎2019 at 12:19 AM, cincyhokie said:

My money is on Ryan Findley in the 4th round. Let's get a good edge rusher in the 2nd, and LB in the 3rd. Then QB. No earlier.

I realized I hadn't really read through this thread since I was paying attention to the draft and just making random posts.
This was a nice call, minus missing the OBVIOUS Drew Sample Pick in the 2nd round. lol....

On ‎4‎/‎26‎/‎2019 at 3:18 PM, TJJackson said:

Army: so you had to go all traitor on us and call your buddy the Giants GM and let him in on this?

from: http://forums.bengalszone.com/topic/25964-changing-things-with-free-agents-draft/?do=findComment&comment=457259

Everyone else is still bagging this pick by the Giants and I think Jones is going to do really well for them.
I preferred him way more than Haskins.  I wish I had a GM buddy to make a call to.
The best I have is knowing a guy where I can park for free on game day.
I'll take the small win there.

On ‎4‎/‎26‎/‎2019 at 10:42 PM, ShulaSteakhouse said:

Alright the disabled kid announcing the pick, which was just a bunch of gibberish, is going too far.  

Can the same person just come up and announce the damn picks? Who cares about all these other people?

Fucking harsh and one of the funniest things I read here.  I remember thinking the same thing when he started talking.

I would love to be one of those other people getting to announce a pick.  That would be pretty sweet.
That being said, I don't really care about those other people either.

Just get some staffer that can speak well to make the announcements for each pick.