"Official Draft Day(s) Thread"

ArmyBengal

36 minutes ago, ArmyBengal said:

I don’t really know. Just saying it would be aggressive and I would love to see that type of move.

I guess it would depend on who's there. But for a team with alot of holes, they might be better keeping their picks. How about a trade into the 3rd round. Then take your two 3rd round picks and draft the top 2 LB's.

I was surprised by that story as well.  They also over dramatized the whole thing.  I thought the kid raped someone or something.  The incident was years ago when in high school and was an assault.  Not a good thing but hardly did it live up to the solemn warning they gave us.

Also, Mort really looks sick.  I hope he pulls through.

The way this draft has fallen, would not be surprised at all if Lock or Grier is the pick in the second.  No 2nd Rd. lBs. D line is played out...lots of corners.  Ford and Risner are still on the board but if they go before Cincy....take the QB...

12 minutes ago, Wraith said:

The way this draft has fallen, would not be surprised at all if Lock or Grier is the pick in the second.  No 2nd Rd. lBs. D line is played out...lots of corners.  Ford and Risner are still on the board but if they go before Cincy....take the QB...

Denver picks before Cincinnati. They'll take Lock. Would have to trade up to get him. Grier is a 3-4 round pick. So if the Bengals want him they could take the BPA in the 2nd and pick him in the 3rd, probably the 4th round. At this point, I think the Bengals will draft a backup QB in this draft and go for the starter next season or in 2021.

The Bengals pick 10th and there are plenty of players that would be great at that point.
I think LB should be the pick, but I'm left wondering if there really is one worthy of the 10th pick in the 2nd round.
The only one that comes close is Mack Wilson.  Mem, thinks he "sucks out loud", and while I wouldn't say that, I'm less sure about him.
This is the problem I thought we would have in not getting a LB in the first.  The drop off is huge.  Not so much with OT, as you can see.

No position should surprise anyone at this point in the draft.

OT Cody Ford
QB Drew Lock
OT Jawaan Taylor (something told me he was going to fall, but this is a shocker)
CB Greedy Williams (another shocker to me)
WR D.K. Metcalf
TE Irv Smith (one of my favorites)

The thing that would still have me jumping out of my skin would be to get Darron Lee from the Jets.
I figure maybe I can speak that shit into happening !!!
GO GET DARRON LEE !!!