Marvin Fired - New Coaches

JaxonFord

On 1/21/2019 at 2:13 AM, Kazkal said:

Is that so? thought I had read somewhere could agree to terms,On the brightside Dolphins have to wait as well...Downside more and more chance we risk not getting the coaches he wants.

" wonder if his dad Bill would join the staff as O-line coach.  "

I thought his dad was in play as well,Doesn't seem likely we'd get him as a O-line Coach where there is talk the Redskins verywell block us for OC.

Yea I don't see why they can't announce the hire now, I'm sure he has guys lined up for coaches, maybe hire some assistants.

Sucks waiting another week to hire this coach.

It sucks waiting but I think coaches use back channels to get things almost done.  Still with no contracts completed there always a chance things blow up. 

I’m really looking for the puff pieces that detail how they targeted the coach, how heavily Mike was or wasn’t involved etc.

Cant get any of that until official announcement. 

Ok, so the only name I've seen out there is Jack Del Rio for the DC position and he traditionally runs a 4-3 base scheme.

On top of having quite possibly the shittiest LB's in the league, both Preston Brown and LastNameRey are free agents.
That leaves: Vigil, Burfict, Nickerson, Evans, and Jefferson.  That appears to be nothing more than depth and players like Burfict that should be gone.

From the front 4: Tupou, Washington, and MJ are free agents to one degree or another.
Even if the decide to put Willis at the starting RDE position, that leaves more time on the sideline for both Hubbard and Lawson.

On 21/01/2019 at 1:36 AM, ArmyBengal said:

Oh yeah. Never mind. Ogbuehi’s the future !!!

but Paul Alexander freakin' loved him !!!

My understanding is Taylor wants guys that worked togther or guys who are very close, so they are all on the same page.

Makes me wonder if they will get Callahans dad or even Mike Sherman. 

I have no clue about this Callahan guy but there are a lot of QB coaches on this team now lol. I can see where he is going with this team, trust is his number one factor it seems.

2 minutes ago, ShulaSteakhouse said:

So Taylor brings his old college head coach to work for him, kind of odd.   Should be an interesting, pass-first offense, Callahan will want his own guys (players) at some point, always does.

No this is his kid, still wonder if his dad will coach the o-line or not 

I've been wondering over the last couple days what these new coaches will mean to free agents ??
I wonder if their previous relationships could result in even a couple impact players prior to the draft ??

This is certainly the most interesting things have been for Bengals fans in quite some time.
Wish Billy was here to see all this craziness !!!

• Thanks 1

The biggest question in my mind is what is Tobin’s influence?

Did he have a bigger say than what was previously thought under Marvin?

Did he acquire more say once Marvin was out of the picture? 

How will he mesh with these new coaches?

Who is the biggest influence of the pieces that will make up your cap spending, draft board and ultimately TC roster and opening day roster?  

I’ll tell you one thing, you know that ad where the girl burns the dinner she’s making for a date so she calls her dad on FaceTime to walk her through a quick recipe for her date?   Well, all she does is boil some spaghetti and throw some olive oil and garlic on it.  Fucking bullshit.  Yea, that dad’s a real genius cook all right.

• Like 1

• ArmyBengal changed the title to Marvin Fired - New Coaches