Jump to content
JaxonFord

Marvin Fired - New Coaches

Recommended Posts

I think it's safe to say that Taylor already has most of his staff lined up. They'll be announced shortly after he is.

This isn't like recess and picking players for kickball in elementary school where you end up with the worst players.

There's plenty going on behind the scenes that we don't know about.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh shit they are really letting this guy pick who he wants to coach which is great.

I like Pollack but what the hell let this guy pick his team.

So maybe his father in law Mike Sherman, or the Colts o-line coach who got released today. Can't wait to see who he wants!

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bill Callahan has been in Taylor’s orbit too.

given that pollack was apparently the prime reason Redmond kept playing and westerman couldn’t get a shot - I am thrilled to see Taylor being given full latitude to re-make this staff.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Love and hate that Pollack is gone but will sit back and watch what happens. Giving freedom to the new head coach has to be viewed as a positive I would think.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, membengal said:

Bill Callahan has been in Taylor’s orbit too.

given that pollack was apparently the prime reason Redmond kept playing and westerman couldn’t get a shot - I am thrilled to see Taylor being given full latitude to re-make this staff.

They land Callahan and that’s awesome

His father in law is also an o-line guru.  One of the few o-line guys that risen to successful head coach in the NFL. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What are these o-line gurus going to do when they show up, take a look around, and realize we got most of our linemen at a garage sale?  

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, COB said:

What are these o-line gurus going to do when they show up, take a look around, and realize we got most of our linemen at a garage sale?  

Draft a RT. Put westerman in for Redmond. Let Hopkins go back to center where he was playing so well when Price got hurt and make price fight for the starting job and fulfill guru label. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, COB said:

What are these o-line gurus going to do when they show up, take a look around, and realize we got most of our linemen at a garage sale?  

Get out a ketchup bottle and go to work 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, COB said:

What are these o-line gurus going to do when they show up, take a look around, and realize we got most of our linemen at a garage sale?  

Hopefully draft and/or sign at least 2-3 new players.  I've seen enough of the Westerman/Redmond/Hopkins/Fisher/Cedric circus of clowns.  Boling is nothing special either for that matter, and Glenn seems like he's breaking-down quickly.  The new o-line coach will undoubtedly have the toughest job on that staff, with the LB's coach coming in 2nd.  I'm sure a couple of those guys will stay, but if they're serious about finding pass-blockers, none of those guys rate well usually.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/15/2019 at 5:56 PM, membengal said:

Bill Callahan has been in Taylor’s orbit too.

given that pollack was apparently the prime reason Redmond kept playing and westerman couldn’t get a shot - I am thrilled to see Taylor being given full latitude to re-make this staff.

Reports are Taylor wants Callahan, so hopefully they make this happen.

Will Washington let him go is the answer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I will tell you that I would love to see them get Shane Waldron from the Rams as well and make him the OC here. I think that would be a nice fit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, volcom69 said:

Reports are Taylor wants Callahan, so hopefully they make this happen.

Will Washington let him go is the answer.

Some Twitter dude says extremely likely. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, ArmyBengal said:

I will tell you that I would love to see them get Shane Waldron from the Rams as well and make him the OC here. I think that would be a nice fit.

I think that’s the plan because they interviewed them both and there are reports surfacing that Zac Taylor was their target weeks before the season ended. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Also, Bevell going to Detroit as OC I believe.  The wait for the Rams' to exit the playoffs may end-up costing them a couple of folks, but, that's life I guess.  Not sure why the Skins would let Callahan go unless he demands it...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am really sad that Pollack left

We'll need at least 1 if not 2 close-to-average veteran OLs signed as free agent, and another 2, possibly three drafted

I think Westerman deserves a chance to stick as a backup OG, and Hopkins as a backup C. Hart can go. Fisher (who I have defended in the past) can go. Redmond can go. oogie can {REDACTED DUE TO EXTREMELY VULGAR LANGUAGE}

The primary issue they need to address immediately is getting a solid ORT, and the second is identifying who to be groomed to replace Glenn at OLT, as I doubt Glenn even has a full year left based on what I saw this season

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, ShulaSteakhouse said:

Also, Bevell going to Detroit as OC I believe.  The wait for the Rams' to exit the playoffs may end-up costing them a couple of folks, but, that's life I guess.  Not sure why the Skins would let Callahan go unless he demands it...

Maybe I bet he knows who he wants and wonder if he has guys lined up already. 

Lap was saying there are a lot of good vet coaches who are close to him that he wants. If he gets them there will be a lot of trust between coaches which is a really good thing for a young guy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just read that Hue Jackson is interviewing for the Cardinals’ OC job.  Biggest mistake Kingsbury could possibly mKe would be to bring Hue onboard.  

You know when I first felt Hue was, I don’t know how to describe it, let’s just say severely lacking in leadership qualities?  When I watched him interact with Orion Charles on Hard Knocks.  He was trying to be this dude’s cheerleader and best friend, not his coach.  Compare that to the way we saw Zimmer talking to guys.  Zimmer was straightforward and honest.  Hue taught Orson Charles how to duck walk in his office.  Like that’s going to make him a better football player.  

Good luck Cardinals!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, COB said:

Just read that Hue Jackson is interviewing for the Cardinals’ OC job.  Biggest mistake Kingsbury could possibly mKe would be to bring Hue onboard.  

You know when I first felt Hue was, I don’t know how to describe it, let’s just say severely lacking in leadership qualities?  When I watched him interact with Orion Charles on Hard Knocks.  He was trying to be this dude’s cheerleader and best friend, not his coach.  Compare that to the way we saw Zimmer talking to guys.  Zimmer was straightforward and honest.  Hue taught Orson Charles how to duck walk in his office.  Like that’s going to make him a better football player.  

Good luck Cardinals!

Maybe but he still was the best OC this team had for many years. Dalton had his best year under Hue until he broke his thumb, McCarron would have helped win a playoff game if Hill didn't fumble it away. 

I don't know why but Bengals players always played hard for Hue. Many fans including me was so mad to see him leave because I wanted him to be the next head coach. 

Now sure I'm happy he didn't become the head coach here, I guess he is not head coach material, but I'm not going to forget the job he did with the offense while he was here. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So 2 names brought up for DC Jack Del Rio and for OC Brian Callahan.

I wonder if his dad Bill would join the staff as O-line coach. 

Always hearing different names, I'm just ready to see who he hires lol. I'm good with Del Rio, I don't know much about Brian though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Del Rio is an interesting choice.   He’s a Marvin guy.   I would have expected him to interview for DC if Marvin was still coach.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So now we have to wait 2 more weeks for a HC announcement I guess lol. 

Congrats Whit on going to the super bowl

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Who was that LT the Rams have playing for them ?? Boy that dude is a beast. Just controls the blindside and solidifies that entire line with his presence. Sure could use a guy like that playing for the Bengals.

Oh yeah. Never mind. Ogbuehi’s the future !!!

Extremely happy for Whit !!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, volcom69 said:

So now we have to wait 2 more weeks for a HC announcement I guess lol. 

Congrats Whit on going to the super bowl

Is that so? thought I had read somewhere could agree to terms,On the brightside Dolphins have to wait as well...Downside more and more chance we risk not getting the coaches he wants.

" wonder if his dad Bill would join the staff as O-line coach.  "

I thought his dad was in play as well,Doesn't seem likely we'd get him as a O-line Coach where there is talk the Redskins verywell block us for OC.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

While there's not much to talk about, there's been a ton of speculation about the offensive side of the ball.
Not so much on the defensive side of the ball, where I believe there's an equal amount of work to be done.

When considering the players we currently have on the roster, I'm left to wonder if there isn't a change to a 3-4 coming.
Don't get me wrong, I have no reason to believe that, just looking at players strictly and the total absence of traditional 4-3 linebackers.

I'm just stoking conversation for the most part...
Thoughts ??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×