Marvin Fired - New Coaches

JaxonFord

On the bright side, Taylor was clearly aware of the controversies associated with Turner and still made the hire he wanted to make.  He doesn't seem fussed with image; he is interested in results.

I am not convinced Turner is going to get those results, but I'll wait and see.  If he pulls any shit though that reflects poorly on the franchise and the city, I hope there's no mercy.

Below are 4 links to youtube.  About 5 minutes each, it's an interview that Jim Turner did on ESPN detailing the scandal at Miami.  Very interesting listening, and it confirms at least in my mind, that Jim Turner did not do anything wrong in Miami.  He was confronted with an impossible situation.  His left tackle was struggling with mental illness, didn't tell anyone in the organization what was going on, and finally just walked out of the facility.  Then in hindsight he created a narrative that he was bullied off the team.  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j9JJKB-wfWM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=87yoVnEJyG8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TOaPGUe5Y68

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xEHhZwL1b78

If his o-lines were top notch I bet a lot of people would forget these things, but his lines at the dolphins and Texas A&M have been Horrible! 

So what confidence should I have with this guy, when they had an awesome coach in Frank Pollack who is now gone.

Wish they would have gotten the Colts o-line coach who was let go recently.

Nothing good about this hire, if he proves me wrong then great, till then I don't like it

3 hours ago, membengal said:

I mean, Turner has gotten shit results in his previous stops, but, yeah, anytime you can call your reputation into question for a shitty bullying misogynstic friend, you gotta do it.

Lol.  Go get them internet mob.

I’m more outraged than you, lol. 

2 hours ago, COB said:

Below are 4 links to youtube.  About 5 minutes each, it's an interview that Jim Turner did on ESPN detailing the scandal at Miami.  Very interesting listening, and it confirms at least in my mind, that Jim Turner did not do anything wrong in Miami.  He was confronted with an impossible situation.  His left tackle was struggling with mental illness, didn't tell anyone in the organization what was going on, and finally just walked out of the facility.  Then in hindsight he created a narrative that he was bullied off the team.  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j9JJKB-wfWM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=87yoVnEJyG8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TOaPGUe5Y68

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xEHhZwL1b78

Martin didn’t want to play football or pay back his money so he created the bullying crap. 

But Hey the internet mob never gets it wrong or Goodell.

Afterall allowing air out of a football swings the integrity of the game. 

I can honestly say that I don’t give a shit who he hires. I just want results. Give me the W’s and a playoff win or more. If one of the coaches fucks up, deal with them and move on.

I’m not going to spend time in February wondering what if’s. My only concern is that the guy hasn’t really gotten the results in any of his previous stops. THAT is more telling than anything else I’m thinking about.

If I were judged fit for a job based on pictures I’ve sent to people, I would never get another job in my life. The bullying thing ?? I’m with COB on that one.

7 hours ago, GapControl said:

Anyone surprised at all by Taylor calling his own plays?

I think/hope Dalton is comfortable enough in the system that’s he’s really calling the plays. 

Qbs have so much control now that play calling is more of an issue with younger guys.

Getting them into the right protection is mostly a Center/QB issue.   That’s half the play call right there.    Basically declare which side of the line is zone and which is man and where does the center help if uncovered?   Then the QB has to decide which WR is hot in case the 5th rusher comes.

They check in and out of runs so much.   

The annoucing of Romo kinda points how often this happens. 

I don't even care about "character" of the coaches so much as the results.  And so far, not too impressed with Taylor's ability to put together a good staff.  Turned down by 2 well-known DC's and hires a very questionable o-line coach.   Even his OC Callahan hasn't done much in the league.

I'm all for giving the guy a chance, but this staff so far is less impressive than anything Marvin's put together.   Zimmer proved a DC can be successful here and move on to bigger and better things if they want to - so I'm not sure what these DC candidates are hung up about here exactly.  It's not like the defensive talent cupboard is bare here either, they have some guys to work with, and only one position group that really needs to be rebuilt.

Oh don't get me wrong, I can't say as I'm impressed either.
I simply know that no one will give a shit about some photo he sent if the o-line performs well and the team makes it back to the playoffs.
If they don't, it won't be because of that either.  It will be because he's a crappy coach, he has crappy players, or a combination of both.

I still don't care enough about the Bengals after the last two seasons to meltdown about anything with this team.
Nothing they do will surprise me, outside of spending in free agency, at this point.

It easier when you just don't care.  I've been at peace with that as well.  It's really quite nice.
My suggestion ??  Stop caring...

• Like 1

Yea I am not impressed at all with this staff. It does not mean they won't be good, but so far I'm just not liking it. 

Everyone has been saying he needs vets around him to succeed, and so far all I'm seeing are young guys with no experience.

I find it very concerning that all these coaches are turning down chances to join the Bengals staff. They must know something we don't.

I wouldn't be surprised either if free agents don't come here again because of the inexperienced coaching staff. Plus I'm sure guys don't want to play for this o-line coach they have.

The one thing Marvin had going for him is his coaching staff was always a bright spot, hopefully Taylor can get a great coaching staff as well. 

I don't think anyone is saying they should have kept Marvin.

This coaching staff that Zac is assembling might be one hell of a group nobody knows, but they could also be crap.

The thing that worries me are why are guys so quick to turn the Bengals down is there something we don't know going on. 

Also I just wonder with the reputation that Turner has will free agents be quick to turn away from this team.

I was just saying I think it would be better to add a good Vet to the coaching staff, since most guys here are very inexperienced.

The guy is picking his WHOLE staff at least as much freedom we’ve ever seen a Bengal head coach have in year 1. 

If you don’t know why a guy is not accepting a job, then why read into it?   Del Rio ( Who was my top choice) failed many times. Capers?  

Not worth the worry.  This is what comes with freedom.  Safe and mediocre was Marvin.   Could have had experience for days and miles with Marvin. 

Unknown is what we wanted.  Glad it’s here.

Very rare is the Super Bowl success built with known Super Bowl  quantities.  There is a certain amount of hunger, accountability, and inventiveness that drives it.   Stuff we argued for years that wasn’t here under Lewis. 

I have no idea if this dude ,Zac, can get it done, but have at it son because, *** damn Lewis wasn’t going to ever win a Super Bowl with us and we kept him years beyond realization of that fact.

Zac Taylor Band!  Party in the Endzone, 2019 tour. 

• ArmyBengal changed the title to Marvin Fired - New Coaches