Marvin Fired - New Coaches

JaxonFord

Somewhat interesting, if not unsurprising note:

No photos of Mike Brown greeting Zac, just a generic statement from Brown, and a photo of Katie walking him into PBS.  That could change at the press conference (assume there'll be one), as I remember Brown being with Marvin during all of those photo ops back then.

Really curious how much, if any, Brown has loosened his grip on things.

Taylor put out a press release saying he was happy to be our new head coach.  He also said accountability will be important.  Marvin is getting his dictionary out to look up that word, and by that I mean he was cool with guys wrecking our playoff game win against our rival.  Just let them do their thing, no repercussions, see you next year!

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, TJJackson said:

really, really, REALLY not liking this new OL coach. Add another couple of reallys, actually

Yea I don't like it either at all. Said in the other thread, goes against everything he talked about in his press conference. 

I guess if the o-line does amazing everyone will forgot everything.

Makes me wonder though if he sold the bengals on drafting aces that high, of so then YUCK!

So Defense coordinator search does not seem to be going very good. So far the two that they wanted to interview in Del Rio and Dom Capers have both inclined to even interview with the team. I'm happy Capers said no though.

However that's very concerning when guys don't even want to interview with the team. I have a feeling they are going to go all young guys, which without vet help may not do Taylor good.

Capers has turned down Bengals offer for the DC gig.

Is the Turner hire confirmed as O/L coach? If so I can't say I like that at all from what I've read, dude just seems to be of poor character

59 minutes ago, volcom69 said:

So Defense coordinator search does not seem to be going very good. So far the two that they wanted to interview in Del Rio and Dom Capers have both inclined to even interview with the team. I'm happy Capers said no though.

However that's very concerning when guys don't even want to interview with the team. I have a feeling they are going to go all young guys, which without vet help may not do Taylor good.

Dom said no to the offer not an interview.  Bengals are not reporting individual activities. 

Would have loved Del Rio, not so much Capers who was always riding Lebeau’s coat tails.  

15 hours ago, TJJackson said:

really, really, REALLY not liking this new OL coach. Add another couple of reallys, actually

If you follow me on twitter or follow Bengals beat writers tweets and responses or Goodberry you've seen my pointed meltdown over it. Calls everything Taylor said on Tuesday into question. Taylor either a liar or a fool. 

• ArmyBengal changed the title to Marvin Fired - New Coaches