Marvin Fired - New Coaches

JaxonFord

Will he stay or will he go? Being from Green Bay, this is starting to remind me a lot of the whole Brett Favre retirement saga. This is the second year now where speculation of Marvin leaving for whatever reason (fired, retirement, etc). Like Favre, it will be Marvin is back till he’s not. PFT has a piece out this morning:

Will Marvin Lewis stay or go?

It’s damned embarrassing that Melvin is our head coach. But he thinks it’s ridiculous to make it about him. Really Melvin ??

The next time someone asks him about coming back, which pisses him off, should Point out the above list.

In the words of Motley Crue. Yes I’m dating myself.

Melvin, don’t go away mad, just go away !!!

Ok just heard there are 8 head coaching vacancies right now.  8.  

They better get moving, it’s a competitive market for coaching talent so aggressive action is required.  Oh wait, our GM is 83 years old.  

Any odds on which of the 8 open positions will be the last one to be filled?

Don't think this played into it at all do you ??

However, a large portion of the fanbase did not return following the decision to re-sign Lewis, and attendance at Paul Brown Stadium dropped to its lowest levels
since the 2011 season, despite a 4-1 start that sparked hope the Bengals could return to the playoffs this year.

Now that I've thought about it a little more, I want them to go after a coach that has some vision, some fire in his belly and isn't afraid to show it.
Someone that has kept up with innovative changes about the game.  I don't know if that's really Zimmer or not.  He's an oldschool guy that's easy to like though.

Look at the Rams after they canned Jeff Fisher and hired Sean McVay.
Is there another Sean McVay out there ??  I'm not sure, but they should try to find that guy.

Well, if a new coach coming in wants to draft his QB of the future, this would be the year with Dalton no longer creating Dead Cap money if shown the door.
That being said, he's only due 16.2 million in 2019 and that is not a bad number for a QB.  I don't like this QB draft class all that much however.

• Like 1

So Marvin is now gone, but Mike Brown still runs this team, so is there really hope for this team?

If you look back at Marvin it really just seemed he lost his passion to coach this team this year. He wanted to leave last year but Mike begged him to stay, I bet he really wished he just left. 

He looked so happy to be leaving in his presser, so I just wondered what Mike promised and Marvin never got.

24 minutes ago, volcom69 said:

So Marvin is now gone, but Mike Brown still runs this team, so is there really hope for this team?

NO!  Not unless he is willing to stay in his office and let the new HC bring his own people in and run the show.

I don't see it happening.

It's already worked in Cincinnati with Marge Scott with the Reds and she got a WS championship out of it

Yup Zim is staying so he is off the board.

My bet is Darron Simmons or Hue will be the next coach. Not sure anyone outside is going to work with Mike Brown. 

It was so time for Marvin to leave, but I still believe he was not the major problem here. Mike Brown and his stubborn ways have costed this team so much and are reasons I believe this team never went far. Just listen to Carson Palmer interview and that tells you everything about Mike. Letting Whit walk letting Zeitler walk, this team had so much moving forward but because of Browns cheap ass ways we never found out what could have been. 

Heres to a new young head coach but my hopes are not up as of now 

Bengals' confirmed they're interviewing Hue, Simmons and Lazor for job so far. 

I wouldn't be surprised if it ended there, if Zimmer or Joseph isn't available. 

Replacing Melvin with a half-assed assistant throw-away from the coaching carousel or current staff, who are likely to keep the majority of the current staff (who largely suck) isn't going to turn anything around.

But you know that is what will happen, because Mike Brown doesn't like to make too much of an effort.  He will think replacing Marvin will be enough to bring the fans back, doesn't matter who the replacement is so much.

They need to bring in a guy who can bring his own people along, good people, but good luck with that, as I don't know who would want to coach here if they're in any sort of demand. 

They can continue the lazy assed, comfortable approach if they want, but I think the fans will lose their shit.

Hue, Simmons and Lazor are simple choices, which shows the lack of concern on the part of the front office.

They make a hire and when they continue to lose, say to the fans, "Well you wanted me to fire Marvin"...

• ArmyBengal changed the title to Marvin Fired - New Coaches