Changing Things With Free Agents / Draft

ArmyBengal

6 hours ago, ArmyBengal said:

We are about 5 weeks out from the draft and i'm really curious which direction they are going to travel in.

Do they bolster the linebacking corps should a guy like White fall to them ??
Do they continue building the o-line regardless of their apparent love for Hart ??
Do they go looking for a shiny new QB ?? (God I hope not)
Do they go in a direction none of us are thinking about ??

They really better hit on some players in the draft if they want to keep the momentum of a new coach going.

Another stagnation of a free agency has left too many holes/needs for the draft to cope with. May as well just package up the picks into bundles and move up to take just 2 or 3 players that will make some sort of impact this season.

Yet again I am underwhelmed with the off season moves

I wonder why the bengals don't go after a guy like Justin Houston or Brandan Marshal, or one of these pretty good LB left.

I would have gotten a big run stuffer, and a LB, and go into the draft and see what they can get.

Saw Matthews went to the Rams so another LB off the board. 

9 hours ago, Scottishbengal said:

Another stagnation of a free agency has left too many holes/needs for the draft to cope with. May as well just package up the picks into bundles and move up to take just 2 or 3 players that will make some sort of impact this season.

Yet again I am underwhelmed with the off season moves

You nailed it Scottish

Considering the holes on the o-line and line backing corps, they probably need all of those picks.
This front office appears to lack any type of forethought whatsoever.

They worry about the fan base losing faith, or that was a reason given for firing Marvin.
Well, do something, anything, that would give them reason to come back or take interest in the team.
Don't be so damned boring.

Hate the Browns and talk about how their efforts in free agency are going to fail, but show me a Browns fan that isn't all geeked the fuck up.
You won't find one.  They all think they are going to the Super Bowl after taking the AFCN this year.

Wouldn't it be awesome to have that feeling again as a fan ??  Well, forget about it.
Hope and pray.  Hope and pray.  Fuck you Bengals.

Any news on what happened to Curry?  He was in for a visit on Monday but I can't find any update on what's happened since then

After reading some draft stuff:

Devin White A+++++ selection for me. Great prospect and a dire position of need.

Devin Bush A++++,  See above plus the last name.

Johnah Williams A+++,  Great prospect since he was high school.  All he’s done is prove that out at the highest level and at multiple line spots. 

Devin White has been the guy I've wanted the most since I started looking.
I'm still of the line of thought that says he won't be there.
Not unless teams trade ahead of us and start taking QB's.

I would have no problems with Williams as the selection either, as he could be the starting right or left tackle from day one.
Plug him in at RT and if something happens with Glenn, you have your guy to plug right in on the left.

Like I said though, someone always falls that you don't expect to be there.
Just don't be stupid and take the best TE prospect at #11.

• Like 1

Josh Allen ??  Yeah, pipe dream that he would be the one to fall.
He won't fall out of the top 5 (maybe 6) but no further.

If either Josh Allen or Devin White were within a couple of picks and someone trades to get them, I will lose my shit.
The kids dog better run for cover and my wife better bolt the TV to the wall.

We just signed a defensive lineman of the depth variety away from the Giants.  Mike has stomped on the terra firma this free agency period.  You’ve done enough Mike, go back to negotiating the price of bulk condiments for PBS.  Your work here is done.

12 hours ago, AMPHAR said:

After reading some draft stuff:

Devin White A+++++ selection for me. Great prospect and a dire position of need.

Devin Bush A++++,  See above plus the last name.

Johnah Williams A+++,  Great prospect since he was high school.  All he’s done is prove that out at the highest level and at multiple line spots. 

I'm a little leery of Bush despite the fact the guy is an amazing athlete - but would be more than happy if they prevail with sound minds and draft any of those guys.  The release of Burfict so early almost seems to telegraph the fact they're going LB with #11.  I don't know how you pass-up White if he's there though.

Re-signing Dennard is also smart.

5 hours ago, COB said:

We just signed a defensive lineman of the depth variety away from the Giants.  Mike has stomped on the terra firma this free agency period.  You’ve done enough Mike, go back to negotiating the price of bulk condiments for PBS.  Your work here is done.

Their modest FA signings mean, IMO, they pretty much need to hit the jackpot at positions of dire need with their first 3 picks, if they want to win more than 6 games again - always a long shot and one of the constant shortcomings of this franchise over the years.  

It's possible, but it's not exactly what teams who really want to win do every year.  It's my biggest issue with the Bengals', they never seem to care enough about winning, no competitive fire in the proverbial belly from the Brown family, more concerned  with being "competitive" enough to sell season tickets and stay in the black year in and year out.