Changing Things With Free Agents / Draft

ArmyBengal

We are a tad over 3 week away from free agency.  My big curiosity is if they give Taylor the same level of autonomy with free agents as with coaching ??

Ju'Waan Taylor at RT would be an amazing start.
Jordan Hicks at LB would be another great addition.

It would be nice to see the Bengals take a scaled down version of free agency that the Rams did to put them in the Super Bowl.
I say scaled down because I still believe this team does in fact have talent on it.

A skilled RT and LB would help both sides of the ball and set up the draft very well.

5 hours ago, ArmyBengal said:

We are a tad over 3 week away from free agency.  My big curiosity is if they give Taylor the same level of autonomy with free agents as with coaching ??

Ju'Waan Taylor at RT would be an amazing start.
Jordan Hicks at LB would be another great addition.

It would be nice to see the Bengals take a scaled down version of free agency that the Rams did to put them in the Super Bowl.
I say scaled down because I still believe this team does in fact have talent on it.

A skilled RT and LB would help both sides of the ball and set up the draft very well.

I think we’re expecting too much.  It would be awesome if Taylor were allowed to sign top tier free agents.  But that would be a radical departure from the past few years.  The ghost of that receiver we signed, pretty much a top tier guy, who then got hurt and I don’t think he ever played, that ghost is haunting us.

8 minutes ago, COB said:

I knew you weren’t expecting it, none of us are.  We can hope though!  

So you are Marvin Lewis and the bengals just suddenly go out and being in top tier free agent talent...

Let Taylor decide what coaches stay and who goes....

Here’s your thought “ Shit, I tried to get Mike to do that for 16 years... “

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AMPHAR said:

Marvin had plenty of talent.  There was a span of a few years we were treated to media touting coaches/unnamed GMs/scouts calling them the best or one the best rosters.

Marvin would promptly choke on primetime or get some untimely injuries 

That or the constant lack of smart, disciplined players on defense.

• Like 1

On 2/15/2019 at 9:45 PM, COB said:

It would be funny.  Marvin you get to coach some of the worst starting linemen in the NFL, and probably the worst collection of centers ever.  Here new guy, go buy some all pro linemen and install your air raid or whatever we’re going to run.  

Marvin personally scouted one of those centers and advocated trading up for him and they did.... his name was Bodine. 

Marvin should get wilds amounts of credit for taking this dumpster fire into its most successful stretch of regular seasons.  At the same time he should own the fact that the teams he helped build he squandered the talent. 

I think the QB's are being propped up by teams talking about them, hoping someone ahead of them reaches and takes them.

While some might turn out good, I think this QB draft class sucks.

Defensive line guys and pass rushers in the first round ??  MASSIVE talent.

I think the Bengals will be sitting pretty at #11.

On 2/21/2019 at 6:28 PM, ArmyBengal said:

Why spend the money on a high dollar safety instead of a high dollar o-lineman or linebacker ??

Collins was rated worse than Shawn Williams last year, who ranked near the bottom of the league, I believe.  If not, very close.  Targeting a FA SS is great, but spending money on a bad one is not great.  You can likely find someone better than Williams in the mid-rounds of the draft.