ArmyBengal

Changing Things Up With Free Agents / Draft

Oh - keep in mind Taylor's offense has the QB in a shotgun formation most of the time - something Haskins' is quite used to, while Dalton is not.  

Taylor just hired Moeller’s coach, with whom he worked at UC.  So we’ve got great insight on high school quarterbacks in southwest Ohio.  

So far he hired a QB coach that could really help Dalton or whoever under center.

We are a tad over 3 week away from free agency.  My big curiosity is if they give Taylor the same level of autonomy with free agents as with coaching ??

Ju'Waan Taylor at RT would be an amazing start.
Jordan Hicks at LB would be another great addition.

It would be nice to see the Bengals take a scaled down version of free agency that the Rams did to put them in the Super Bowl.
I say scaled down because I still believe this team does in fact have talent on it.

A skilled RT and LB would help both sides of the ball and set up the draft very well.

5 hours ago, ArmyBengal said:

We are a tad over 3 week away from free agency.  My big curiosity is if they give Taylor the same level of autonomy with free agents as with coaching ??

Ju'Waan Taylor at RT would be an amazing start.
Jordan Hicks at LB would be another great addition.

It would be nice to see the Bengals take a scaled down version of free agency that the Rams did to put them in the Super Bowl.
I say scaled down because I still believe this team does in fact have talent on it.

A skilled RT and LB would help both sides of the ball and set up the draft very well.

I think we’re expecting too much.  It would be awesome if Taylor were allowed to sign top tier free agents.  But that would be a radical departure from the past few years.  The ghost of that receiver we signed, pretty much a top tier guy, who then got hurt and I don’t think he ever played, that ghost is haunting us.

I didn’t say I was expecting it. I’d rather doubt it. I’m just thinking what would really help this team.

I think Ju’waan Taylor and they think Bobby Hart.

8 minutes ago, COB said:

I knew you weren’t expecting it, none of us are.  We can hope though!  

So you are Marvin Lewis and the bengals just suddenly go out and being in top tier free agent talent...

Let Taylor decide what coaches stay and who goes....

Here’s your thought “ Shit, I tried to get Mike to do that for 16 years... “

• Like 1

It would be funny.  Marvin you get to coach some of the worst starting linemen in the NFL, and probably the worst collection of centers ever.  Here new guy, go buy some all pro linemen and install your air raid or whatever we’re going to run.