BengalszoneBilly

Scottishbengal

'Zoners - it is with much sadness that I inform you of Billy's passing yesterday.

He was a stalwart of Bengalszone and a really good guy, he'll be greatly missed by many. 

My family and I were lucky enough to meet him at the Bengals - Dolphins game in 2016. Our thoughts go out to his family and his brother Jimmy (Wisk on the 'Zone)

R.I.P Billy

• Thanks 1

Very sad news indeed. 
Billy has been a huge part of this board since as long as I've been here and the one that asked me to be a moderator all those years ago.

Him and I had a chance to meet up a while back at the Hofbrauhaus in Newport.  I found the pic here, but it wouldn't let me pull it up.
We sat at the bar together, had lunch, drank beers and shot the shit about our beloved Bengals and all other matters we could think of.
It was like sitting down with someone I knew my whole life. 

When I was deployed to Afghanistan, he sent me music and movies on CD.
Most notable from that group was a copy of the Bengals and Chargers playing in the freezer bowl.
I still have all of the stuff he sent to me.

He was also my brother in arms in being a proud Marine !!!

I will say a prayer for our friend and also keep his family in our thoughts and prayers through the Holiday season.
I am very saddened by the loss of Billy.

Rest in Peace my brother !!!
Mark

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

No news on how he passed but he was only 60 years old.  He'll be missed here and other places too, such a genuine guy, a good guy, a good friend.

• Like 1

Guys... This is Jimmy Broome, Bill's brother. We're shocked and heartbroken as a family to lose our brother. We have a younger sister, Kathleen, too. But I wanted to stop in here though I'm an infrequent member because I KNEW he loved this Bengalzone family! I will post some pics here of Bill attending the only Bengals game of his life in the 2016 season - the Thursday Night Miami win of that season. Thank you guys for the kind comments and friendship to my brother Billy! Prayers please as we are struggling emotionally and otherwise to deal with the loss. I never knew anyone who was universally loved as much as Bill. Thanks guys!... Jimmy Broome

On 12/22/2018 at 6:57 AM, Scottishbengal said:

'Zoners - it is with much sadness that I inform you of Billy's passing yesterday.

He was a stalwart of Bengalszone and a really good guy, he'll be greatly missed by many. 

My family and I were lucky enough to meet him at the Bengals - Dolphins game in 2016. Our thoughts go out to his family and his brother Jimmy (Wisk on the 'Zone)

R.I.P Billy

Oh my.  tough news. 

Rest easy, Marine. We won't forget you. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Wisk said:

Guys... This is Jimmy Broome, Bill's brother. We're shocked and heartbroken as a family to lose our brother. We have a younger sister, Kathleen, too. But I wanted to stop in here though I'm an infrequent member because I KNEW he loved this Bengalzone family! I will post some pics here of Bill attending the only Bengals game of his life in the 2016 season - the Thursday Night Miami win of that season. Thank you guys for the kind comments and friendship to my brother Billy! Prayers please as we are struggling emotionally and otherwise to deal with the loss. I never knew anyone who was universally loved as much as Bill. Thanks guys!... Jimmy Broome

I'm very sorry to hear of Billy's passing. Your family is in our payers, here out. Billy gave me advice many times. I always valued his insights and his love of our Bengals. He will me missed, you have my truly heart felt condolences. 

• Thanks 1

Very depressed to hear this.

Billy was a great guy, great fan, always loved his stuff here.

I hadnt seen as much of him in the past year or so, but he is and always will be one of the absolute stalwarts of this forum

rest in peace, buddy. May your heaven be filled with an infinite array of very healthy topless females

• Thanks 1

I know I said I will never come back to this forum ever again, but I am here for this. I check this forum today because I havent heard from him for a while. didnt expect it to be this reason. it hit me hard than I expect. He is one of guys here who always care about me as he always say, I am his ARIZONA BRO. I will never forgot him for rest of my life. even on the day Bengals win Superbowl it will be sad day for us.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1