Dalton to IR and Savage Signed

ArmyBengal

• ArmyBengal changed the title to Dalton to IR and Savage Signed
  • ArmyBengal featured this topic

It's whatever anymore!

I kind of feel bad for this guy, he is a good QB but that's it nothing more nothing less. 

However have the bengals really given him a chance to win here. The offense line has been trash for years now, everybody always gets hurt, they sign Eifert knowing he is going to get hurt, they haven't been able to run the ball, since Gruden was here, even though they say they will every year. 

This team is trash, the coaches are trash, who knows maybe under different circumstances Dalton might have been different. 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Stripes said:

I hope Dalton moves on from this franchise and gets a shot somewhere else.  I think he can be very good in the right place.

I agree.  In the right system he could be very good.  He can make all the right throws.

What happened Sunday was not a surprise.  Marvin has a history of being unable to prepare his teams, leading to jaw-droppingly bad performances.  Many big games he’s been horribly out coached, including a couple that resulted in Dalton posting historically bad QB ratings.  But he’s not a historically bad QB.  He just works for Mike and Marvin.

36 minutes ago, Stripes said:

I hope Dalton moves on from this franchise and gets a shot somewhere else.  I think he can be very good in the right place.

Yeah not sure how he'd fare w/o AJ in a different offense at this point, but he could do an Alex Smith or Cousins type of thing somewhere possibly. It'd be more interesting at this point.  I know I bang on him, but I'm really just tired of watching him here.  It's boring because I just don't believe in the guy.  I didn't 3-4 years ago.   He's a good dude, if not a little weird, but he probably deserves better support than he ever got here ultimately, just like everyone else who plays here.

6 hours ago, ShulaSteakhouse said:

Yeah not sure how he'd fare w/o AJ in a different offense at this point, but he could do an Alex Smith or Cousins type of thing somewhere possibly. It'd be more interesting at this point.  I know I bang on him, but I'm really just tired of watching him here.  It's boring because I just don't believe in the guy.  I didn't 3-4 years ago.   He's a good dude, if not a little weird, but he probably deserves better support than he ever got here ultimately, just like everyone else who plays here.

The team missed on some high draft picks after 2014 and it is now killing them.  They could’ve added some key players through FA but they rode it out to their own doom unfortunately.  Injuries have forced young or inexperienced guys to show and they’ve been lacking.  

10 hours ago, ShulaSteakhouse said:

What exactly is this mysterious thumb injury? He wasn't even wincing in pain, x-ray's were negative.  Did little Andy get a boo boo? 

I knew it. When he stood up off the ground he shook his head real hard and he grimaced like I’ve  not seen him do before.  Boom I thought.  Out for the game.  I didn’t know if that was a season injurying hit but watch the big linemans leg hit into Dalton.

14 hours ago, volcom69 said:

It's whatever anymore!

I kind of feel bad for this guy, he is a good QB but that's it nothing more nothing less. 

However have the bengals really given him a chance to win here. The offense line has been trash for years now, everybody always gets hurt, they sign Eifert knowing he is going to get hurt, they haven't been able to run the ball, since Gruden was here, even though they say they will every year. 

This team is trash, the coaches are trash, who knows maybe under different circumstances Dalton might have been different. 

Dalton has played like crap in every playoff game he’s played and a lot of primetime games.   He had everything. 

Every aspect of the team plays down when the pressure is on.  Players can’t avoid the blame and neither can the coaches. 

Now it sucks for everyone involved that his best season he injured a thumb and never got the chance.  

Now the 3 seasons after?  Sure the front office has missed on the reboot.  

The bengals simply tried to rebuild with the same leadership and it is not working like it did in 2011.

They’ve missed on critical line draft picks. The game has changed to needing better coverage LBs and they haven’t invested in that.  

Dalton has had two OCs earn head coaching jobs.    

Dalton leaves here it’s another Plamer, Takeo, Housh, Marvin Jones story. 

Too many times fans allow players to over blame Mike Brown for their failures.  

Dalton isn’t in the Super Bowl because he gave away the game against the Chargers and couldn’t hit open guys against the Colts. Broke his thumb against the Steelers.

Dalton hasn’t been cheated at all.  He’s a decent QB that needs top notch everything to succeed and has never proven he can gut it out when playing equal talent in a pressure game. 

There are a ton of eras like this across the NFL.  Good teams that are forgotten because of lack of post season success. 

Sucks but this group of Bengals are the Granville Oilers, Buddy Ryan Eagles, Dome patrol Saints, Marino Dolphins. 

Unfortunately we get the same brain trust to try again. 

9 hours ago, AMPHAR said:

Dalton has played like crap in every playoff game he’s played and a lot of primetime games.   He had everything. 

Every aspect of the team plays down when the pressure is on.  Players can’t avoid the blame and neither can the coaches. 

Now it sucks for everyone involved that his best season he injured a thumb and never got the chance.  

Now the 3 seasons after?  Sure the front office has missed on the reboot.  

The bengals simply tried to rebuild with the same leadership and it is not working like it did in 2011.

They’ve missed on critical line draft picks. The game has changed to needing better coverage LBs and they haven’t invested in that.  

Dalton has had two OCs earn head coaching jobs.    

Dalton leaves here it’s another Plamer, Takeo, Housh, Marvin Jones story. 

Too many times fans allow players to over blame Mike Brown for their failures.  

Dalton isn’t in the Super Bowl because he gave away the game against the Chargers and couldn’t hit open guys against the Colts. Broke his thumb against the Steelers.

Dalton hasn’t been cheated at all.  He’s a decent QB that needs top notch everything to succeed and has never proven he can gut it out when playing equal talent in a pressure game. 

There are a ton of eras like this across the NFL.  Good teams that are forgotten because of lack of post season success. 

Sucks but this group of Bengals are the Granville Oilers, Buddy Ryan Eagles, Dome patrol Saints, Marino Dolphins. 

Unfortunately we get the same brain trust to try again. 

I don't blame Marvin and Mike for Dalton being Dalton or Pac Man and Burfict being who they are.  Their play is their responsibility.  I blame Marvin and Mike for allowing them to consistently prove to us they are choke artists when the game matters most.  

19 hours ago, GapControl said:

The team missed on some high draft picks after 2014 and it is now killing them.  They could’ve added some key players through FA but they rode it out to their own doom unfortunately.  Injuries have forced young or inexperienced guys to show and they’ve been lacking.  

No doubt bad drafting (they'll argue bad luck of course, but you're drafting injured players every damn year in addition to the busts) has a lot to do with it, but I never had any faith in Dalton winning a tough playoff game, still don't, especially with Marvin at the helm.

Maybe a new HC changes things in terms of their lack of discipline enough that he overcomes the mistakes he makes,  relies on him less, kinda like 2015, but it's never happened again, not sure it will - just ready to move on from him altogether, and Marvin.

2 hours ago, cincyhokie said:

I don't blame Marvin and Mike for Dalton being Dalton or Pac Man and Burfict being who they are.  Their play is their responsibility.  I blame Marvin and Mike for allowing them to consistently prove to us they are choke artists when the game matters most.  

Marvin's lack of a playoff win in 15 years and his abysmal Prime Time game record speaks for itself.  Mediocre coach, kept around as long as they're "competitive enough" to sell tickets.  Judging from the small crowds this year, looks like that ride is hopefully ending.

4 hours ago, ShulaSteakhouse said:

Marvin's lack of a playoff win in 15 years and his abysmal Prime Time game record speaks for itself.  Mediocre coach, kept around as long as they're "competitive enough" to sell tickets.  Judging from the small crowds this year, looks like that ride is hopefully ending.

I’ve not attended any games this year but it seems like there are just as many opposing teams fans as there are bengals fans at the stadium.  The beginning of the year didn’t even have huge bengal fan only crowds.