Positivity Thread - What to look forward to

cincyhokie

• 2 weeks later...

The Alliance of American Football is a new league that will start play in about a week.  The league will field 8 teams.  The best thing about this league is that they have hired Marvin Lewis as a broadcaster.  Marvin will spend most of his air time explaining that halftime adjustments are a myth.

https://awfulannouncing.com/cbs/marvin-lewis-terrell-davis-and-andrew-siciliano-among-new-names-revealed-for-aaf-broadcasts.html

The Super Bowl is today!  Go Rams.  Fueled by hate, I just want to see Brady get beat.  My opinion of Bellicheat has changed.  I actually respect the guy now.  In a way I wish I hadn’t hated him so much all these years so I could have enjoyed and appreciated what he was doing.  

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/13/2019 at 10:10 PM, ArmyBengal said:

What to look forward to ??

How about the Steelers without both Le'veon Bell AND Antonio Brown in the 2019 season ??
Yeah, they got good production from their other RB, but Brown trying to force his way out by demanding a trade is priceless.

I love it.  Best NFL news in a decade haha

• Haha 1

I would love to see Ben struggle and certainly think his numbers (which were good last year) take a big hit.
You just don't lose Le'Veon Bell and Antonio Brown and think status quo continues.

Smith-Schuster and Connor we nice last year, but they are a step down from the above.
Steelers fans yelling "GOOD RIDDANCE" will be in for a rude awakening I think.

• Like 1

So I guess Mark Duffner is back as a senior defensive assistant.  Recently his defenses didn’t rank well but I liked him when he was here.  LBer guy.  Simmons , Spikes era.  Good experience hire if it comes to be true.  I mean why not, doesn’t hurt to put another guy in there with DC experience.

On 2/13/2019 at 8:10 AM, ArmyBengal said:

What to look forward to ??

How about the Steelers without both Le'veon Bell AND Antonio Brown in the 2019 season ??
Yeah, they got good production from their other RB, but Brown trying to force his way out by demanding a trade is priceless.

And the Raiders give up 3rd and 5th round picks in the trade for Antonio Brown. They gave up Amari Cooper and got a 1st rounder in return. Not having to give that up is HUGE for the Raiders.

Hey Steelers... BWAAAHAAAAAHAAAAA !!!

On 2/25/2019 at 5:52 AM, ArmyBengal said:

I'm again looking forward to the combine, which starts tomorrow.

I haven't been interested in the combine for the past couple years with Marvin.

I’m still interested but more from a league view. Watching teams like the browns try to do something. Or my local Rams or bolts. Lots to appreciate, even in the churn-year that’s coming up for the Bengals. 

Mo Egger and Tony Pike were talking today about how the Bengals FO approach has the Bengals in no man's land. Not good enough to do anything in the AFC, not bad enough to land a franchise QB. They were promoting tanking. Trade the cornerstone players like Dalton, Green, Atkins, and Dunlap to acquire draft pick ammunition to get Tua or even Trevor Lawrence. Then using that rookie contract and building the team to go on a run. I think that's actually a good move. This team isn't going anywhere ala the 2014-2018 Reds. Do something. Be good or be interesting. Don't be bad and uninteresting. 

Even with all of this bullshit the past few weeks, I still feel like Zac Taylor gives us the best chance of pushing the Bengals into the 21st century. It may not happen this year. I see another 6-10 season with a mid round pick. But I like Taylor's supposed mindset coming from the Rams and being young. Long term, I'm still more hopeful than I was last season.

5 hours ago, cincyhokie said:

Mo Egger and Tony Pike were talking today about how the Bengals FO approach has the Bengals in no man's land. Not good enough to do anything in the AFC, not bad enough to land a franchise QB. They were promoting tanking. Trade the cornerstone players like Dalton, Green, Atkins, and Dunlap to acquire draft pick ammunition to get Tua or even Trevor Lawrence. Then using that rookie contract and building the team to go on a run. I think that's actually a good move. This team isn't going anywhere ala the 2014-2018 Reds. Do something. Be good or be interesting. Don't be bad and uninteresting. 

Even with all of this bullshit the past few weeks, I still feel like Zac Taylor gives us the best chance of pushing the Bengals into the 21st century. It may not happen this year. I see another 6-10 season with a mid round pick. But I like Taylor's supposed mindset coming from the Rams and being young. Long term, I'm still more hopeful than I was last season.

I’m in the camp that there’s never a good reason to trade away potential hall of famers for unknown draft pick potential.

AJ Green and Geno Atkins.  

Dunlap doesn’t have the sacks to get to the HOF though he could make a case for the Hall of Pretty Dang Awesome