Positivity Thread - What to look forward to

cincyhokie

Marvin:  "Well, we were without Andy, Eifert, AJ Green, Burfict, Tyler Boyd, and various other guys.  Tough year, did the best we could under the circumstances."

Mike:  "Agreed.  Something about an oxcart in a ditch.  Themes.  Two year extension for you Marvin."

After making a massive impact in his first season, 3rd round rookie LB Malik Jefferson was placed on IR yesterday.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/12/18/bengals-put-malik-jefferson-on-ir/

It sure would have been nice to see if he was any better than the scrubs Melvin started ahead of him.
But hey, why change how things are done at this point.  Waiting until the year before his rookie deal is up to see him get snaps.

11 hours ago, ArmyBengal said:

After making a massive impact in his first season, 3rd round rookie LB Malik Jefferson was placed on IR yesterday.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/12/18/bengals-put-malik-jefferson-on-ir/

It sure would have been nice to see if he was any better than the scrubs Melvin started ahead of him.
But hey, why change how things are done at this point.  Waiting until the year before his rookie deal is up to see him get snaps.

Another dummy LB Lewis drafts thinking he can change him.  

Man, you look around the league at all the good young linebackers and you just shake your head. The kid in Indy, Darius Leonard, is amazing.  He’s ten times better than anyone we have.  They drafted him in the second round last year.

Why is the Indy defense so good?  Coaching.  Their DC preaches hustle over everything.  He said coaches get enamored with scheme and think that’s the primary component to defense.  He said all of our defensive coaches coach hustle on every play.  It means everything to them.  They’re starting Margus Hunt and they have a great defense.  

There is irony in the fact that Marvin was supposedly a linebacker whisperer, but he’s struggled to produce good players in that group more than any other.  

6 hours ago, COB said:

Man, you look around the league at all the good young linebackers and you just shake your head. The kid in Indy, Darius Leonard, is amazing.  He’s ten times better than anyone we have.  They drafted him in the second round last year.

Why is the Indy defense so good?  Coaching.  Their DC preaches hustle over everything.  He said coaches get enamored with scheme and think that’s the primary component to defense.  He said all of our defensive coaches coach hustle on every play.  It means everything to them.  They’re starting Margus Hunt and they have a great defense.  

There is irony in the fact that Marvin was supposedly a linebacker whisperer, but he’s struggled to produce good players in that group more than any other.  

Exactly.  The Margus Hunt thing is infuriating.   And he took it to the Bengals' when he played them.  So many good LB's playing on other teams from the last 2 drafts, not one of them here. 

On 12/18/2018 at 8:50 AM, ShulaSteakhouse said:

Well Boyd looks to be done for the year with a "low grade MCL sprain."  Burfict's missed the last 2 games with a concussion (hint: RETIRE already man).  

No way they win the last 2 games - I'd be shocked if they won either of them.

He should retire Ben And Jju then head off in to the sunset.

• 2 weeks later...

I believe that the Bengals have their HC candidate selected. And I believe that they cannot announce who it is until that team who this person is still coaching for is out of the playoffs.

I think that it's Eric Bienemy of the Chiefs or it's Zack Taylor or Shane Waldron of the Rams. Outside chance for Matt Eberflus of the Colts.

We'll find out more this weekend if either the Chiefs or Rams lose. And right now, no news is good news as far as the HC search is concerned.

So someone over at NFL.com  put out a Free Agent top 25.  

Not a whole lot of offensive lineman.   But a lot of LB names and safeties.

My thought is if you really want to build upon the excitement they will create with the coaching staff changes.... Rodger Saffold.  Rams left guard.  Former 2nd rounder.  Long time starter.    From Ohio.

Drop some cash into him or another decently ranked FA lineman or LB.

CJ Mosley is out there as well but I would doubt seriously the Ravens lose him. 

Those players will cost you money but we’ll worth it.  

Marvin could never ever figure out how to utilize multiple running backs.

See Rex Burkhead.   It was always traditional rotation and depth chart.    Never was it match up based on that week’s opponent or in game adjustment.

Makes you wonder what Gio could be with a little creativity.  

As far as more replay and getting screwed.

l’m old school on this.   Less replay is better because the league, media, and fans can’t ever draw the line.  

Peoples opinion with instant replay always started with getting the major calls right.  Then it morphs into getting every signal thing right and leads us down the path of looking at way too many plays and to many details. 

It’s my belief that fumbles/catches/PI weren’t meant to be so precise.   But that’s a long drawn out argument and it’s never going back but I do think it robs the tv broadcast AND definitely screws the in stadium fan. 

It was a bad non call in Rams/Saints but no way in hell do I want that reviewed.  Way too subjective.