Browns @ Bengals Game Thread

BengalszoneBilly

37 minutes ago, volcom69 said:

Been asking this for awhile now. Marvin said after last week when he caught 1 pass and was taken out, that he was on the practice squad for a reason. What a joke

Marvin finds it insulting to have to answer questions from questioners who clearly know nothing about nfl football.

6 minutes ago, AMPHAR said:

Won’t happen but it’s clear this team needs new leadership on the field.

My guess has always been Lewis will be apart of finding his replacement and he some front office role. 

Yeah, always assumed he'd take over Lippincott's old role (or an expanded version of it) and plant one of his guys in there as HC..whenever he chooses to not be a HC here.

It remains to be seen if Hue is some sort of successor - good luck selling season tickets if so, the remaining fan base will drop like flies.  They have to know that, right?

I imagine Marvin rides out the year, not wanting to inflict the state of this team on anyone he knows, and then moves on from coaching here after the season.  What happens then who knows.

This really was a new low.  I didn’t think anything could match giving a playoff game away to our hated rival due to lack of discipline.  Which is really a product of coaching.  

But today was really a grotesque parade of Lewis’ incompetence.  

Doesn’t matter, Hue and Marvin are still going to the prom together this spring.  Nothing can break those two up.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ArmyBengal said:

This thread is exactly why I wanted the Bengals to lose. It’s awesome !!! Hopefully the fans will be pissed off enough to simply stay away. 

The coaches and front office deserve every bit of this loss. Beautiful !!!

Yeah.  As we watch our "favorite" team get its ass obliterated in Cincinnati by its perennially losing interstate rival, we can hardly even muster a shrug.  I was laughing at my screen yesterday.

On 11/27/2018 at 12:10 AM, Stripes said:

Yeah.  As we watch our "favorite" team get its ass obliterated in Cincinnati by its perennially losing interstate rival, we can hardly even muster a shrug.  I was laughing at my screen yesterday.

Even when the defensive guys were all healthy, they couldn’t stop anyone.  Yeah Burfict was suspended so except for turnovers they’ve been horrid since game one.

even against Carolina or Pittsburgh and later against Baltimore the D could not get the stop in crunch time.

Its definitely someone’s fault. Austin’s weak implementation during the off-season?  Sure.  Stupid rookies who can’t figure out the NFL? That means personnel’s fault.  No one to replace old, injured vets? Personnel.

Losing almost every big game in 15 years? Combined effort of an organization with owner and head coach leading the way.

and... let’s say that it’s all Austin’s fault (injury and suspension aside) so then... no one knew Austin was blowing it hard core until AFTER the bye week? Wow just wow.

2 hours ago, GapControl said:

Even when the defensive guys were all healthy, they couldn’t stop anyone.  Yeah Burfict was suspended so except for turnovers they’ve been horrid since game one.

even against Carolina or Pittsburgh and later against Baltimore the D could not get the stop in crunch time.

Its definitely someone’s fault. Austin’s weak implementation during the off-season?  Sure.  Stupid rookies who can’t figure out the NFL? That means personnel’s fault.  No one to replace old, injured vets? Personnel.

Losing almost every big game in 15 years? Combined effort of an organization with owner and head coach leading the way.

and... let’s say that it’s all Austin’s fault (injury and suspension aside) so then... no one knew Austin was blowing it hard core until AFTER the bye week? Wow just wow.

I think it's safe to say that Burfict makes no difference on this team anymore. 

He is terrible, he is missing tackles all over the place, he is just not the same player that came into this league. 

The only thing that would intrigue me about 2019 would be the following (all would need to happen):

Marvin = Fired and not part of the organization
Hue = Fired and not part of the organization
Mike Brown TRULY turns ALL control over to Troy, Duke, or Pumpkin or anyone not named Mike Brown.
With high draft pick coming, invest in a franchise QB
Dump stupid players that ride on the roster (yes, I can provide a list starting with Ogbuehi and Burfict)
Bring in someone who has an innovative football mind to run thing
Target and spend money on key free agents

There's probably more, but you get my point, which is:
There's no reason to be intrigued about the 2019 season.

Hoping the Bengals finish in the basement after getting swept by the Browns !!!