Week 10- Saints Talk

AMPHAR

3 minutes ago, cincyhokie said:

Geno Atkins is overrated.  There, I said it.

Completely disappears for games at a time.  

This year yes he is, but this whole front 4 sucks!  The Lb are terrible, and I have never seen a bunch of guys so confused like the secondary has been. Hell guys are wide open everywhere, nobody even close till they gain 15 yards.

I don't even think much changed on defense from last year. Iloka is gone and Adam Jones, but pretty much it's the same guys, so what the hell happened to these guys in one year! 

30 minutes ago, volcom69 said:

This year yes he is, but this whole front 4 sucks!  The Lb are terrible, and I have never seen a bunch of guys so confused like the secondary has been. Hell guys are wide open everywhere, nobody even close till they gain 15 yards.

I don't even think much changed on defense from last year. Iloka is gone and Adam Jones, but pretty much it's the same guys, so what the hell happened to these guys in one year! 

The after math of the coordinator firing will lend some tidbits of what went wrong.

I dropped my Game Pass sub so I can’t say with exact comparisons but it seems they went zone coverage almost exclusively where Zimmer was man coverage a lot and Paula G was less man but no where as much zone. 

Remember that one corner from Raiders that was awesome and then went to the Eagles?

Talking about dream team.  Then he sucked because of scheme?   

Another CB that went to Redskins from Carolina?

I don’t know what the Bengals deal is, maybe they just suck but I think scheme could be a big part of the problem especially when failure is achieved early on.  I doubt those guys bought in. 

1 hour ago, cincyhokie said:

Did he make All-Pro?  I thought it was just the Pro-Bowl.

I think he’s made it twice.   Has also been ranked among the top 100 consistently. 

Edit: 2 time first team All Pro.  1 time All-Pro second team.  6 time pro bowl.

Keep in mind he plays in Cincinnati and those number of All Pro and Pro Bowls aren’t handed out with the Bengals