Week 10- Saints Talk

AMPHAR

56 minutes ago, volcom69 said:

How embarrassing the bengals come off a bye and look like this! Fuck you Marvin! 

Exactly - and not for the first time, but it's EVERY feckin' time after a bye week.

Marvin's failed challenge of the spot of the ball on the Saints very first 1st down set the tone

They are not even competitive vs playoff caliber teams, offense is just as pathetic as the defense.  Not surprised of course.  The Saints' defense isn't even any good - and Dalton ends up with a 61 QB rating (about where he dips to vs good teams).

Of course he was sacked 4 times as well, but it's just a team effort of suckitude.  Thanks for coming back Marvin.  Great hire in Austin, he's really showing promise with these guys and what is shaping-up to be a historically bad Bengals' defense.

If I'm not mistaken, the Bengals' are the first team in NFL history to give-up 500 yards or more in 3 straight games.

Brees' completed 88% of his passes (22 for 25) for a 10+ yd avg, which is insane.  That is a team that's quit on it's coaching staff, and has no faith in each other to carry their weight or step-up, especially without their best offensive player in Green.

Beating Tampa Bay or Buffalo or Miami isn't a good barometer of where they're at, it's the Carolina, KC, Pitt and Saints' games that told me all I needed to see this year regarding their potential.   I'm guessing they end-up somewhere around 8-8, enough to keep Marvin around another year possibly, hire Hue.  

What they really need is a coaching staff sweep and a culture-changing franchise QB, and a modestly different cap allocation and drafting approach, since they can't change ownership, but until they do that, they're not going to get over the proverbial hump doing what they are doing now, and have been.

This is the worst defense in NFL history over the last few games, if this does not get somebody fired then something is wrong with this org. Oh wait Marvin is still here, yea there is something wrong. 

This team needs an overhaul! If they were re building with young guys, I could see losses like this, but that's not the case at all. 

They have all this money in there front 4 and they don't generate pressure at all! There is all this so called talent here, but I have yet to see Marvin do anything with them, and when they do they seem to just let them walk. 

Time for change, and I mean change everywhere, coaches and players! Good bye Marvin you have not been the answer! 

1st not saying this changes anything, but 4th and 1 on 2nd drive.  False start makes it 4th and long 5.   In Saints territory.

Punt.

It takes Saints 3 plays to reach the point where they would have had the ball IF the bengals would have failed on 4th conversion.

Between giving Luck the ball back with obscene amount of time to try to win all the while snapping the ball with half the play clock remaining the drive before. Then failing to correct the mistake against the Steelers. 

Marvin has an eye for talent.  He has never been a good game manager and his old view of the game makes him even worse.  

Our line sucks today too.  The Saints started a guard that is playing at a top level and you could have had him at cheaper deal than  Zeitler.  

This franchise don’t give a shit about winning a championship.  Stay mid pack and everyone is safe. 

7 hours ago, Stripes said:

Classic halftime tug of war matchup to make COB proud.

You might think that by presenting a tug of war, Mike set a new low for cheaping out on a halftime show.  

But little did you know that the IRS is making Mike depreciate the cost of the rope over 3 years instead of letting him have a straight offset deduction on this year’s taxes.  

Investing in the fans!

Man guys...

That defense is so bad that I will personally donate time to watch the All-22. As painful as it will be.

i can’t tell shit from TV coverage but when they started showing the drone camera later in the game it really looked as if the D players just don’t know what to do.  Malik Jefferson case in point... dude run at the ball carrier , why wait till he gained 12 feet on you then move?

Whatever Austin is telling these guys to do, they aren’t or they can’t understand how.

and yes I do think there were quite a few terrible calls in favor of the saints.  I don’t think there is a conspiracy.  But look at William Jackson’s comments about Brees and the pretty clearly bobbled TD reception and you’ll see that players do get calls based on rep and ... maybe that means TEAMS do too.  Total BS not to call obvious holds or block in the backs ... again... no conspiracy but there is rep forcing some of that human error out on the field.

Lets call Chucky Bresnahan and get him to coach up Austin.  

8 hours ago, COB said:

You might think that by presenting a tug of war, Mike set a new low for cheaping out on a halftime show.  

But little did you know that the IRS is making Mike depreciate the cost of the rope over 3 years instead of letting him have a straight offset deduction on this year’s taxes.  

Investing in the fans!

Dead on sadly enough