Hahahahahahahahahahaha

TJJackson

Pollack is by far better.  He's putting guys in spots where they can succeed.  Alexander played favorites, and taught a "push the hip" style of blocking that no one else in the NFL uses.  I blame Alexander because I think he deserves it, and I think the evidence is there to support that.  

• Like 1

I don't think we have enough data yet to judge Pollack.  I'm glad Not Alexander is the offensive line coach, at least.  I also agree generally with AMPHAR that assistant coaches are easy to gripe about when larger underlying issues might account for the majority of the problems.

8 hours ago, membengal said:

This is a bad post. 

Post better.

No one is spiking anything. Pollack is working with what he was given, and doing WAY better with it than Alexander did. He's also refusing to play Ogbuehi and Fisher, so, there's that.  The team is averaging 27.6 ppg and Mixon is averaging more yards per carry than Todd Gurley. Andy is on his way to potentially his best passing season ever. You re-litigating Whit being gone is stupid, in the context of whether this team is better off with Pollack over Alexander. 

I'm tired of rampant negativity so will be taking a break again. Have at it.

I think Pollack will be fine.  Needs talent. 

Alexander was fine when he had talent. 

If Alexander was still here with line sucking like it has this year it would be endless blame on him.

The Bengals are still struggling with the talent downgrade in multiple positions  and playing money games with Whit was a major mistake.   Letting Z go and replacing with Redmon= terrible.

Hart not good. 

4 hours ago, AMPHAR said:

Just to note current line ranking is 29 by PFF

Fans are sheep.   The issues the sunk our line last year are still there ketchup and hip techniques aside. 

The issue is a downgrade in talent. 

O-line has to be addressed in the draft.  Early and often.  2nd is the LB corps.

There’s a reason Alexander got fired two times in a row, the second in mid-season.

of course he knows football. Of course he can teach and coach.   Pollack can do all that as well.  PA is not getting the results expected by his superiors from his group of players.  Coaches have say in what front offices do, they just don’t get the final say usually.

Yeah, forgot to think about Price at RG.  He played extensive time there while at Ohio State.
I could be wrong, but I think he played there for the National Championship run in 2014 ??

If Hopkins is more comfortable at Center, then why not consider that for the time being ??
God knows the right side of the line needs the help.

20 hours ago, GapControl said:

Only question I have is why weren’t these things said while he was here and the line was clearly tanking his final two years? 

Kinda lame by Dave, IMO. 

If your going to be an “insider”and in order to keep sources so you can be the best “insider” you have to be a homer/apologist.  Fine.   

But, IMO, you have to keep that role full time.   Don’t become Johnny obvious after the fact.

It’s pretty surprising Lap would rip Alexander even after the fact, given his employment as the bengals’ radio color guy, and he does Marvin’s weekly show as well.  

Listening to Lap call games is one of the few things I consistently love about following the Bengals.  Even when they’re bad, he’s still really good.