Hahahahahahahahahahaha

TJJackson

55 minutes ago, volcom69 said:

Somehow he was good enough for 24 years with the bengals, but can't even make it a year else where, go figure.

Two words - Eric Ghiaciuc.  Somehow can start 42 games for us, then put his skills on display as follows:  Signs with 4 NFL teams, never made another roster.  In the midst of that, goes to mini camp with the Florida Tuskers, but didn't make that roster either.  Thus goes from starter to can't even make it as depth, and never plays another down in the NFL.  

7 minutes ago, COB said:

How unsurprising. 

Perhaps Jerry hadn't read his book on classical piano, and thus couldn't appreciate what an erudite renaissance man he had on his hands.  

Some teams know how to take the trash out quickly.

• Like 1

Hey Marvin, hows that coaching tree growing these days ??  Maybe you should do like you do on the side lines and clap at it and saying, “Let’s go”.

If that doesn’t work, maybe hold a press conference stating how the tree just needs to execute better if it wants to see positive results.

2 hours ago, ArmyBengal said:

Hey Marvin, hows that coaching tree growing these days ??  

You must be referring to Bloody Monday.  That’s what we call today on the other message board I frequent, “Marvin’sCoachingTreeZone.”

Two of Marvin’s main saplings, Hue Jackson and Paul Alexander, both get shitcanned on the same day.  If only a good old-fashioned bout of earnest, encouraging, clapping would enhance the job performance of your protoges, Marvin’s tree would be healthy and growing!

Infuriating that Trey Hopkins has so capably filled in at center this year.  Alexander sucked so bad.  We were subjected to Russel Bodine last year, who absolutely got owned all season.

If Alexander had any idea how to coach, could have used Hopkins at center, and moved Westerman or somebody to guard.  

So Bodine gets signed by Buffalo, but gets beat out in camp by Ryan Groy, a guy who came into the league undrafted, bounced around on practice squads and from team to team, at various points he’s been on the Bears, the Patriots, and the Bucaneers.  Journeyman vagabond depth guy.   They brought Bodine in specifically to beat this guy out and start.  Nope.  He gets beat out in camp and they have to start Groy.  

Alexander can absolutely go get fucked.  Last thing he says on the way out the door was Ougbuehi is going to be great in this league, just wait and see.  Ok.  

Rant over.  Forcing Alexander onto this coaching staff all those years was one of Mike’s biggest GM blunders.

• Thanks 1

Uh, this line isn’t good even with a talent addition at LT. 

Not sure why people are Spiking the football.   Pollack is starting the same suckage as Bodine at RG and RT. 

Everyone so sure Ced or Fisher couldn’t be better than Hart?  Westerman at RG? 

The recent offensive troubles are related directly to the line.  Tighter coverage and they can’t protect. 

Couldn’t do shit against 3 bad defenses. 

Center support blocks 70% of the time.

Offensive line struggles are directly tied to letting Whit go.   

On 10/30/2018 at 10:29 AM, membengal said:

Before everyone rushes to laud the Cowboys, for reasons that remain inexplicable, they HIRED Alexander after the shit-show that was the Bengals offensive line last year. Just saying.

Shit show of the Bengals offensive line is directly linked to Front Office failures. 

Does Pollack suck because he has to start Redmon and Hart? 

Marvin/Tobin missed on Bodine, Ced, and Fisher.

They added Hart that absolutely sucks. Glenn gives up a lot of pressure so far and had been below average.  

Let Whit and Zeitler go because of hard cap policies.

There once was a time Bengal fans swore Bodine was so much better than Cook. 

Not sure why we continue to blame assistant coaches.  

8 hours ago, Kazkal said:

So we drafted cedric because how he uses katchup....

Marvin and Tobin control the draft board.  Brown family is involved somehow. 

Marvin personally scouted Bodine.

Bengal fans fall into this trap of over playing the scouting work assistants coaches do because many years ago assistant coaches had sway back in the days of McNally etc.  By the way he had epic busts to go along with his wild successes. 

But yeah sure....Marvin/Tobin/Brown decided to be completely hands off when it comes to drafting linemen.  

Bottom line here is they still have a bad offensive line and stems from lack of talent.  

Ever  notice how Bengal fans latch on to an assistant coach or player and bitch year after year and make that individual the central problem yet when that change occurs still no playoff win or in this case still shitty line. 

Bengals employ a hard cap and don’t go cash over cap.   They also have created a grey area of Head Coach/GM that doesn’t take full advantage of the teams he helps build. 

I think Pollack is doing alright based with what he has but I’m not sure how many of the current line will be starters during our Super Bowl season that’s coming. 

But yeah.....Ketchup 

11 hours ago, AMPHAR said:

Uh, this line isn’t good even with a talent addition at LT. 

Not sure why people are Spiking the football.   Pollack is starting the same suckage as Bodine at RG and RT. 

Everyone so sure Ced or Fisher couldn’t be better than Hart?  Westerman at RG? 

The recent offensive troubles are related directly to the line.  Tighter coverage and they can’t protect. 

Couldn’t do shit against 3 bad defenses. 

Center support blocks 70% of the time.

Offensive line struggles are directly tied to letting Whit go.   

This is a bad post. 

Post better.

No one is spiking anything. Pollack is working with what he was given, and doing WAY better with it than Alexander did. He's also refusing to play Ogbuehi and Fisher, so, there's that.  The team is averaging 27.6 ppg and Mixon is averaging more yards per carry than Todd Gurley. Andy is on his way to potentially his best passing season ever. You re-litigating Whit being gone is stupid, in the context of whether this team is better off with Pollack over Alexander. 

I'm tired of rampant negativity so will be taking a break again. Have at it.

• Like 2

I'm in the camp of Pollack being a FAR better option than Alexander as an o-line coach.  Are there still concerns ?? 
Sure, but this line is not as bad as last years and if Pollack is given the opportunity to draft 1st and 2nd round guys like Alexander was, I'm more confident in what we will get.
That being said, no, I'm still not confident the front office will pay whoever those players are when they perform up to the level expected.
I say draft them and worry about that later though because the talent is obviously needed.

Hart has been exactly what he was for the whole year with the Giants last season.....  Garbage.
Why they somehow thought he was going to improve on a crappy line is beyond me.
He was my candidate for the RG spot, as that was his natural position in college.  Nope.

Bottom line...  Give me Pollack any day.  We are better off now than where we came from.
Oh and F you Marvin !!!

37 minutes ago, membengal said:

This is a bad post. 

Post better.

No one is spiking anything. Pollack is working with what he was given, and doing WAY better with it than Alexander did. He's also refusing to play Ogbuehi and Fisher, so, there's that.  The team is averaging 27.6 ppg and Mixon is averaging more yards per carry than Todd Gurley. Andy is on his way to potentially his best passing season ever. You re-litigating Whit being gone is stupid, in the context of whether this team is better off with Pollack over Alexander. 

I'm tired of rampant negativity so will be taking a break again. Have at it.

I agree Pollack is so much better, and happy he is here.

Love how you say Mixon is averaging more then Gurley, because it makes me wonder why they don't run the ball more then? Feed him the ball and let him run!