Week 7 - Chiefs Talk

GapControl

Simply amazing how incompetent they can be in primetime.

Chiefs couldn’t defend the run at all.  Somehow the bengals couldn’t or didn’t run the ball.  Kept handing the ball right back to them. 

Of course Andy and the passing game chokes.  

Defense sucks.  

Why is Marvin still on our sideline?  They probably aren’t beating the Chiefs anyway but to not get more offense and at least one punt is horrible, again. 

I was expecting a loss, but it was how they lost that pissed me off. In fact I turned the game off after halftime when in one play the were about to score already. 

We pretty much said the bengals need to run the ball to keep it out of the chiefs hands, however he always decides not to run. Sometimes I don't get this OC, and his game management. After last week I have no confidence in him or Marvin or anybody on this team.

The defense is pure trash, I feel like I'm watching the 2003-2004 defense. I have never seen a team that can't tackle. The problem is this is not new, it's like this all season long so far!! 

These big money guys on defense they just paid show up every now and then, but very inconsistent, there is no pass rush to speak for at all. 

Burfict can just leave now, he is more trouble then good anyways. He has been a terrible LB, and all they have done since coming back is suck!  I guess he hurt his ego last night, missing all those tackles he had to take himself out of the game. I liked Burfict but he is not the same player anymore, the NFL took that away from him. I just don't think he is worth the money anymore.

It is so hard rooting for this team with Marvin still the coach, once again like other years this team flashes what it could be at times, then they show who they really are! 

Burfict is not the same player because he’s probably carrying 40-50 pounds of extra fat.

Atkins and Jackson, IMO,  showed up. 

With the way KC is playing really you need an offense to walk that fine line of scoring but taking your time doing it and bad weather.

I just don’t understand and never will understand why Mixon and other backs aren’t given back to back carries early in the game. 

You won’t be any worse off than what they did and you have a chance to let the air out of the ball etc.  

Burfict is at 251. He's in good physical shape. He's probably not in football shape. And he's never going to be what he was because he can't play his game the same way anymore. 

I have been Marvin'd. Time to take some time away for my own sanity.

Look, that is a scary good offense the Chiefs have and I would never take anything away from the level of talent they possess.
I also expected a loss in this game.

That being said, this team didn't just lose.  They got embarrassed, blasted or whatever other adjective indicating that level of shitiness (is that a word?) you want to come up with.
Hey coach Marvin, keep standing there on the sideline every time your team fucks up... clapping and yelling "Let's go".  I'm sure the team will respond to that motivation one of these years.....
Seriously, why the fuck is he still the coach ??  If someone had to balls to fire him, they should have him carry Austin out the door with him as well.
It's been a long time since I've seen a Bengals defense look as poor and hapless as this current defensive roster does.  Pathetic.

Oh, don't think you're off the hook offense.  That was the worst defense you faced last night and your high poweredness (is that a word?) was anything but.
Dalton can't complete 50% of his passes, throws a pick six and apparently only wanted to throw to AJ all night.
Do they not teach blocking at the University of Miami ??  Must not because Walton seems to not know shit about it.

Back to the defense....
Fuck you Vontaze Burfict.  Just go away.  Seriously.  Looking fat, out of shape, and undisciplined is no way to go through a football season.  Oh, only part of the season since you are always suspended.
I don't wish injuries on people because that is just mean and full of bad karma, but karma is a bitch isn't it ??  Who am I kidding, I'm a mean person in reality.  I hope he can't come back...

Thing is, like I said previously, nothing will surprise me from this game and I am not surprised in getting blown out.
It's the manner in which they did so.  This is not a team that could feasibly make a run at this point.
They are pretenders who get their lunch money taken at every turn, but will do enough to keep the status quo.

THIS is why I was about done when they brought Marvin back.  THIS....
Fucking travesty for the fans of this team.
Eat a dick Mike Brown.

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, membengal said:

Burfict is at 251. He's in good physical shape. He's probably not in football shape. And he's never going to be what he was because he can't play his game the same way anymore. 

I have been Marvin'd. Time to take some time away for my own sanity.

Looks overweight and not bringing his hips and feet into tackles in which he has to pursue.   

I don’t know his playing weight but my guess is he lugging around a lot more than they want. 

Head up plays seems to fine.  

50 minutes ago, ArmyBengal said:

I can remember MANY years being here and yelling through the keyboard "JUST STOP THE F*CKING RUN".

Agree, it's been a while since we've seen the defense look THIS bad.
It's like you almost have to practice and scheme to look as bad as they have to this point.

Yeah I think my faith in the Bengals run defense died somewhere during the playoff game versus Rex Ryan’s Jets years and years ago.

New players,new coaches but same result.  At one time the D could put together some really nice overall defense by keeping points off the board.  Bending and not breaking.  Stopped some good QBs over the years...

Seems like Ancient History 101 now