Remember Huber’s Jaw?

AMPHAR

5 hours ago, ArmyBengal said:

Saddens me to think about Zimmer being the head coach in Minnesota.
Happy for him, sucks for us.  Would have loved to see him stay and Marvin go.

I guess they prefer to wax poetic about how Marvin Lewis' coaching tree is so magnificent.
It's a far greater accomplishment than actually having a disciplined team that doesn't fold like a bitch when getting bullied on the field.
Guess we take our team talking points however we can get them huh ??

Go Bengals !!!

Dude, ruthless takedown of Coach Positive Clap.  He deserves it though.  Year after year, the same thing.  

I almost didn’t bother to tune in this season when they brought Marvin back. I don’t give a fuck about that guy. Sick of his stupid press conferences, his poor game management, handling players who have issues, not able to win playoff games, the list goes on and on.

Marvin, if nothing else, is consistent.  He will field a team that will tease with their talent, only to see them wither and die when the lights are the brightest. Happens EVERY year since he’s been here.

His time for still getting credit for bringing us out of the 90’s is over.  That ship sailed years and years ago. So long ago, I don’t even remember.

So I stumbled across a football life on Lyle Alzado.

OMG!  NFL so much better back then and the way the NFL media portrays Burfict is criminal in comparison.

Alzado ripped a dudes helmet off by face mask and then threw it at him.   Could you imagine Burfict doing that today? 

Would be awesome, IMO.   But the football world we live in today would curl up in ball and cry.  

I’m telling you the people that think Burfict is so horrible for the Bengals are falling into this fake outrage trap.    League desperately needs the next bad boy defender. 

That football life was kinda odd.  Modern production in which the majority of sound bites and highlights would have the media yelling for suspensions etc.  League office giving warnings etc.  Today.

Alzado became a transitional pop icon.   Along with Mark Gastinuea.  

It’s almost the NFLs answer to combat a softening of the league and sport.   Judge dredge up the good ole days. 

Did that show touch on his steroid use?  Probably not since it’s nfl network, but after he got cancer, Alzado was pretty open about it.  He felt his juicing caused or significantly contributed to his cancer.  I recall an interview where he said something like, “All that stuff I took was designed to stimulate cell growth, and all cancer is is an uncontrollable amount of cell growth.”  

2 hours ago, COB said:

Did that show touch on his steroid use?  Probably not since it’s nfl network, but after he got cancer, Alzado was pretty open about it.  He felt his juicing caused or significantly contributed to his cancer.  I recall an interview where he said something like, “All that stuff I took was designed to stimulate cell growth, and all cancer is is an uncontrollable amount of cell growth.”  

It did.  Very early in the show it had him stating he was using roids for most of his professional career. 

That's what makes me laugh about the NFL anymore. Guys like L.T and Ronnie Lott and all these physical players are portrayed as the greatest players of all time, but yet Burfict makes a hit and he is the dirtiest player of all time. 

The NFL had turned into the biggest joke league of all time! I understand protecting players, but if there is a bang bang play, I don't understand how a player can stop himself, but yet it makes him a dirty player.

Still through all of this my love for Burfict is slowly dying out there. His play is dropping big time, he is missing tackles, he never wraps up always goes for the kill shot. He is out of place all time, and when he plays the Steelers it seems more about revenge then winning a game. Hopefully things change as the season goes on, but as of now I don't care if he is on the field or not. 

Oh and please fire Marvin, this team needs a change in the worst way, the culture is stale!

• Like 1

On 10/26/2018 at 4:28 AM, volcom69 said:

That's what makes me laugh about the NFL anymore. Guys like L.T and Ronnie Lott and all these physical players are portrayed as the greatest players of all time, but yet Burfict makes a hit and he is the dirtiest player of all time. 

The NFL had turned into the biggest joke league of all time! I understand protecting players, but if there is a bang bang play, I don't understand how a player can stop himself, but yet it makes him a dirty player.

Still through all of this my love for Burfict is slowly dying out there. His play is dropping big time, he is missing tackles, he never wraps up always goes for the kill shot. He is out of place all time, and when he plays the Steelers it seems more about revenge then winning a game. Hopefully things change as the season goes on, but as of now I don't care if he is on the field or not. 

Oh and please fire Marvin, this team needs a change in the worst way, the culture is stale!

I agree with this. It's a critical juncture in burficts carer. He'll either become less intent on inflicting punishment, and take a step to ensure he can be an employable nfl player. I won't consider him a dirt bag, like a Romanowski, but his value goes up if he can focus on playing at his previous elite level, and not slipping into trash play. It's all up to him. Also Lewis must go.