Remember Huber’s Jaw?

AMPHAR

After every Steelers loss there is always is an understandable level of frustration among Bengal fans.   Often it leads to Burfict being vilified in the media and even by many Bengal media and fans.

Steelers have a large fan base.  They have a ton of fan boys in the media.   They win the head to head against the Bengals in an alarming fashion so they control the narrative. 

Just remember eventually they’ll land another shot that’s dirty and instantly shrug it off and have some justification for it and move on. 

I’ll never understand the portion of our fan base that think Burfict isn’t any good because he continues to send their players to the sideline woozy.   

Go back and listen to Collinsworth justify going after a punter.    Compare it the media comments of a clean hit from Burfict because he happened to hit one of their star players.  

They wont lose 2 seconds of thought next time one of ours gets a broken jaw.  

There have been 2 broken jaws in the NFL since 1980.  Both have been done by the Steelers to Bengals players on blindside hits.  Both were celebrated by the team.  Especially the Hines Ward hit on Keith Rivers.  In 1983 Keith Gary almost put Kenny Anderson out of football on a play that should have landed him literally in jail.

I'm all for playing with toughness but not to injure.

But fuck those guys and that organization if they're going to play the victim.  

They are playing the victim and they do have favorable media coverage.

They are basically cheer leading trying to take Burfict off the field because he dare hit AB.  

Gio takes crown of the helmet hit and later that same guy about paralyzed himself lowering his head trying to injure. 

Bengal fans and media need not fall for their bullshit.   IMO, you can’t knock enough of them out of the game.  

This is why I hate steeler week, all was good to me in the NFL I was enjoying it (for the most part), till steeler week ended. Now we have to sit here and listen to both teams being cry babies, why Burfict had to threaten someone, oh how the bengals are the better team, how this guy better not walk outside alone, Blah, Blah, Blah! 

Its fu**ing annoying anymore. What ever happened to just going out playing football, can we please just do that! Damn my interest in this shit just went down again. Shut up and play football stop talking, stop threatening just go win games please!

Agreed.  It's a big reason I never watch this game anymore. 

I need to just start blocking off from the Monday before they play and don't look at anything Bengals related until the next game after the Steelers game is done.
If not, you have to deal with all the stupidity that is the Bengals vs. Steelers.  I hate both of these teams when they are playing each other.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ArmyBengal said:

Agreed.  It's a big reason I never watch this game anymore. 

I need to just start blocking off from the Monday before they play and don't look at anything Bengals related until the next game after the Steelers game is done.
If not, you have to deal with all the stupidity that is the Bengals vs. Steelers.  I hate both of these teams when they are playing each other.

Agreed.  It's like watching children replaying their childhood. 

Even the head coaches.  Tomlin is the bully.  Melvin is the bullied.  

Wow it amazing to see right now everyone, who is wanting Burfict out of the league. There are videos everywhere out there showing the things he has done, many folks seem to be pushing for his exit of the NFL.

The NFL has turned into a pussy league and it's pretty tough to even enjoy it anymore.

However I do sometimes wonder how much Burfict is out there head hunting. I felt on Sunday he was more out to get Pitt players then win the game. I watch him lower his head all the time trying to tackle, or a guy gives himself up and he throws himself on them instead of just touching them. 

I used to love the way Burfict played the game, but the NFL has now changed the way you can play, and he is a risk every play now. My question is, is he even worth it anymore? In my eyes his play has dropped big time. I watch him missing tackles, he is out of place all the time, I'm just not sure his play is there right now. Does he make this defense better, so far it dosnt seem so? You always have to worry about the next hit he makes will it be a 15 yard penalty, what about a suspension, or who is he so called threatening now. 

Shit is just getting old anymore, can't even enjoy a season without something that he did. So do you guys think he is worth the risk on every play anymore? Hell the guy can't even play a full season because he is always suspended, or injured because he can't tackle. 

34 minutes ago, volcom69 said:

Wow it amazing to see right now everyone, who is wanting Burfict out of the league. There are videos everywhere out there showing the things he has done, many folks seem to be pushing for his exit of the NFL.

The NFL has turned into a pussy league and it's pretty tough to even enjoy it anymore.

However I do sometimes wonder how much Burfict is out there head hunting. I felt on Sunday he was more out to get Pitt players then win the game. I watch him lower his head all the time trying to tackle, or a guy gives himself up and he throws himself on them instead of just touching them. 

I used to love the way Burfict played the game, but the NFL has now changed the way you can play, and he is a risk every play now. My question is, is he even worth it anymore? In my eyes his play has dropped big time. I watch him missing tackles, he is out of place all the time, I'm just not sure his play is there right now. Does he make this defense better, so far it dosnt seem so? You always have to worry about the next hit he makes will it be a 15 yard penalty, what about a suspension, or who is he so called threatening now. 

Shit is just getting old anymore, can't even enjoy a season without something that he did. So do you guys think he is worth the risk on every play anymore? Hell the guy can't even play a full season because he is always suspended, or injured because he can't tackle. 

I agree on both.  The pussification of the NFL and that Burfict needs to go.  

2 hours ago, volcom69 said:

I used to love the way Burfict played the game, but the NFL has now changed the way you can play, and he is a risk every play now. My question is, is he even worth it anymore? 

The NFL has become pussificated. 

5 minutes ago, volcom69 said:

Big time which is what makes it hard to watch anymore.

It’s so pussified that we actually witnessed a defender let go of Brady so as to avoid getting a penalty.  Brady somehow staggered into the end zone.   Pussification metamorphises has resulted in Tom effing Bradybsomehow running for touchdowns because players are literally afraid to touch him.

I think Burfict head hunts for sure, but it's not that I have a problem with his style of play, it's how it affects the team while he's on the field.
I hear the players all say he's the smartest football guy they have ever been around.  If that's true, then I question his common sense.
How hard is it to realize you can't nail a WR coming across the middle in the head ??

Again, I always loved seeing guys get blown the fuck up.  Big hits are a big part of what made the game as popular as it is.
Now we see it getting watered down to a point, I find watching much more than the Bengals to be quite boring.
Never thought I'd see the day when football became boring. 

We need LB's in the worst way and there's no way they let him go.  If they do however, next season is when that becomes more reasonable from a money perspective.
Due has missed 10 games due to suspension and has been fined over $4 million dollars for his antics.  Think about that for a minute.  $4 million lost......

10 hours ago, ArmyBengal said:

I think Burfict head hunts for sure, but it's not that I have a problem with his style of play, it's how it affects the team while he's on the field.
I hear the players all say he's the smartest football guy they have ever been around.  If that's true, then I question his common sense.
How hard is it to realize you can't nail a WR coming across the middle in the head ??

Again, I always loved seeing guys get blown the fuck up.  Big hits are a big part of what made the game as popular as it is.
Now we see it getting watered down to a point, I find watching much more than the Bengals to be quite boring.
Never thought I'd see the day when football became boring. 

We need LB's in the worst way and there's no way they let him go.  If they do however, next season is when that becomes more reasonable from a money perspective.
Due has missed 10 games due to suspension and has been fined over $4 million dollars for his antics.  Think about that for a minute.  $4 million lost......

My pal from Manchester England watched the game with me last week.  I was telling him that I hope he never sees instant replay used in the Premier League like it is in the NFL.  Add up the penalty flag discussions and instant replay breaks and you realize why the flow of the game is gone.  

20 hours ago, GapControl said:

Here’s the video.  Nothing anywhere near as bad as what Shazier did to Gio Bernard or what Hines Ward did to Rivers

https://mobile.twitter.com/RobertKlemko/status/1052305360558612480

Yeah I'd say "maybe" half of those bother me...but there's a lot of ticky-tacky, post-whistle silliness.  The problem with Burfict is that there's a clear pattern of behavior dating back 5+ years.  So anything questionable he does gets blown-up.

The Steelers' seem to pick their spots, Burfict (and previously Pac Man) go-off at the drop of a hat because they can't control their emotions.  Burfict was a top 5 NFL LB when he started, but I've grown tired of his act and don't think he's worth it anymore...or won't be when they finally decide to draft or sign a real replacement.  His game has declined with his injuries, he's had multiple concussions, and could very well already have CTE with the way he's played for so long.  

I said he wasn't reliable going into last off-season and this is why, it's a matter of time before he gets suspended again, or injured, not a matter of "if."  Find someone better, find multiple LB's who are better than what they have. 

They need all new LBs and a new linebacker coach, this has to be the worst group in the NFL. 

Man I thought Preston Brown would help, nope he is playing just as bad as the rest. 

People said wait till Burfict comes back, we'll wake me up when the guy can tackle again. He had so much potential, but you never know if he will be on the field or not, and when he is he is not the same player from years ago.

I thought Preston Brown would help, but in his defense he has been hurt, which was a first for him during his career.
Hard to say what percentage he's been playing at, but either way around, there's no other talent at the LB position around him.
Hard to believe Malik Jefferson cannot sniff the field despite what we've seen to this point from that group.

Your right Brown is hurt to what extent we don't know, so I'll leave a pass on him. 

I just see these guys out there looking lost, never in the right place, I just don't remember it being this bad before.

Hell it's the whole defense, maybe it's Austin something is not right, I just don't remember it this bad. 

1 hour ago, Stripes said:

The defense fielded by this franchise under Marvin Lewis has never been consistently reliable outside the Zimmer years.

Saddens me to think about Zimmer being the head coach in Minnesota.
Happy for him, sucks for us.  Would have loved to see him stay and Marvin go.

I guess they prefer to wax poetic about how Marvin Lewis' coaching tree is so magnificent.
It's a far greater accomplishment than actually having a disciplined team that doesn't fold like a bitch when getting bullied on the field.
Guess we take our team talking points however we can get them huh ??

Go Bengals !!!

• Like 1