Chiefs game flexed to SNF

cincyhokie

Yah, that's right, you little girly men.  The NFL haas decided to flex the Bengals game against the Chiefs to Sunday Night Football.  I can only think that the one team that will be doing the flexing will be the mighty Bengals from Cincinnati.   So take your fancy, cute little QB Pat Mahomeless and run like the little girls you are.  Yah. 

It's difficult for me to do the research at the moment to verify, but someone on a Chiefs board claimed Dalton is 0-10 on NBC Sunday Night Football.  The "0" I can affirm, but not the 10.  I was also thinking though that it's such a misleading thing, because when the Bengals have been given these SNF slots in recent memory they've all seemed to be against top competition and on the road.

This will be no exception.  I'll see what happens against Pittsburgh before I think too much about this.  At least it'll be an exciting challenge.

38 minutes ago, Stripes said:

It's difficult for me to do the research at the moment to verify, but someone on a Chiefs board claimed Dalton is 0-10 on NBC Sunday Night Football.  The "0" I can affirm, but not the 10.  I was also thinking though that it's such a misleading thing, because when the Bengals have been given these SNF slots in recent memory they've all seemed to be against top competition and on the road.

This will be no exception.  I'll see what happens against Pittsburgh before I think too much about this.  At least it'll be an exciting challenge.

A quick count leads me to the Marvin Lewis Bengals are 0-9 on the NBC Primetime show under Football Night in America.

7 loses with Dalton.  

According to the article on Cincinnati.com, the Bengals are 0-6 in the Dalton/Green era. Not that I really care about that outside of our past sucking.

Didnt the last time the Chiefs were undefeated and going against the Bengals end well for us ??  I seem to remember that from the Chiefs Donte Hall era.

2 hours ago, ArmyBengal said:

According to the article on Cincinnati.com, the Bengals are 0-6 in the Dalton/Green era. Not that I really care about that outside of our past sucking.

Didnt the last time the Chiefs were undefeated and going against the Bengals end well for us ??  I seem to remember that from the Chiefs Donte Hall era.

Yes back in 2003 when we were starting to say “in Marvin we trust”.

"In Marvin We Trust"
Yeah, in retrospect.......  um........  never mind.

Yep, 2003.  The 9-0 Chiefs vs the 4-5 Bengals. The full game is still on YouTube to watch.
I was stationed in San Antonio and watched that one in a sports bar called Fatso's, which sadly closed two years ago.
That was the type of place I always thought would be cool to open and run.  Being in a military town with fans from every team made it amazing.
Good times and good people !!!

2 hours ago, ArmyBengal said:

"In Marvin We Trust"

Yep, 2003.  The 9-0 Chiefs vs the 4-5 Bengals. The full game is still on YouTube to watch.
I was stationed in San Antonio and watched that one in a sports bar called Fatso's, which sadly closed two years ago.
That was the type of place I always thought would be cool to open and run.  Being in a military town with fans from every team made it amazing.

I remember that game!

5 hours ago, ArmyBengal said:

"In Marvin We Trust"

It seems like so long ago.  I was at Ft. Pickett in Virginia with my unit as we prepped to deploy to Iraq.  I kept checking my cell phone for text messages from my parents who were at the game and said it was the loudest they've ever heard a Bengals game.  Got the celebratory message that Peter Warrick returned a punt TD to seal it.   I then proceeded to drink some beers that night.   Huge win!

On 10/11/2018 at 8:18 AM, Stripes said:

I watched the 2003 game today.  It's amazing how different a game football was just 15 years ago.

Damn I’m beside myself.  That game was in 2003??? 

It was great and I remember how utterly stoked I was that they beat undefeated KC.  KC were media darlings that year

33 minutes ago, ShulaSteakhouse said:

Unless KC's o-line falls apart, I suspect the Bengals' offense will have to score at least 34 points to have a chance to win.  

This is the truth.  

To beat the Chiefs they will likely have to get the running game going and take the lead early.  Trading blow for blow won't work.  And the Bengals will have to control the clock.  Something they haven't done well this season.

44 minutes ago, cincyhokie said:

This is the truth.  

To beat the Chiefs they will likely have to get the running game going and take the lead early.  Trading blow for blow won't work.  And the Bengals will have to control the clock.  Something they haven't done well this season.

Running game hahahaha what's that, they obviously forgot about it during the Steelers game.!Even though Mixon looked good running the ball Lazor chose not to, something I don't understand.

Run the ball keep the clock moving, and you win the game and not give the other QB a chance to get the game winner. Must be hard to understand.