Week 6 and 17- Steelers talk

Stripes

As before I am not waiting.

I don't think I need to say that this one is important, and for more reasons than just what we may see in the division standings.  The Bengals need to handle business at home against a team that they should be viewing as inferior (whether it's accurate or not).  I just hope Marvin prepares them with something resembling passion and they don't emerge from the tunnel in a sleepwalk against a hated division rival.

I just don't want to see the Bengals beat themselves in this one. The Steelers are scum but "always" find a way to win, by any means necessary etc. It's that kind of toughness we've been needing to show for a long time. Play like we did in the first half last night and it's gonna be a bloodbath! Got to turn the corner, lose the fear that our players and staff have for them and beat them in our house. No doubt the officials will be looking out for hits on Ben especially so gotta play smart. That said I'd love to see Hubbard drive that bastard a few feet under the turf ;) 

Enjoy your week guys :)

• Like 1

These next 2 weeks are going to be rough, Pitt and Kansas City.

The defense showed a lot at the end of the game yesterday, but Miami offense is no Pitt or Kansas City. Hopefully they can get pressure on Ben to make him throw mistakes, it's the only way they will win. 

Man first place is great hopefully they can keep it up otherwise 2 loses could throw them into 3rd place! Keep the momentum going pressure Ben and beat the Steelers! If this happens it will be HUGE for this team, and I feel will take them far this year!

1 hour ago, skyline said:

I feel better about this game if we have John Ross back.  Missing Ross and Eifert was not a small thing yesterday.

Agree.  Ross was missed early because they didn’t have speed to threaten the safety. 

Once Mixon got rolling late in the game, throwing windows opened up.

I think our pass pro is iffy at best.  Certainly feels like we are living on the edge.   

Need to get Mixon going early.  Hopefully Ross is back.   Need something to open up the throwing windows so the ball can come out quick. 

This is going to be tough for sure.

Steelers will want to turn their season around and to have any chance to do that they need to win at PBS this Sunday.

This is a statement game for the Bengals, pure and simple. 

• Like 2

I think the Steelers are still in every Bengals head, except maybe Vontaze's

This is absolutely an opportunity to make a statement: either we are the team we've always been, or we are the new bully in the AFC North. Doesnt matter if they win pretty or win ugly, anything but a win says we are the same team we've always been.

2 hours ago, kingwilly said:

Dandy suffers under pressure, so running the ball has to be a priority. I like our backs in this situation. 

Actually going into the Miami game he was the best QB when facing the blitz. 

Get the ball out fast and early, they need there best game plan for this match up

• Like 1

7 hours ago, volcom69 said:

These next 2 weeks are going to be rough, Pitt and Kansas City.

The defense showed a lot at the end of the game yesterday, but Miami offense is no Pitt or Kansas City. Hopefully they can get pressure on Ben to make him throw mistakes, it's the only way they will win. 

Man first place is great hopefully they can keep it up otherwise 2 loses could throw them into 3rd place! Keep the momentum going pressure Ben and beat the Steelers! If this happens it will be HUGE for this team, and I feel will take them far this year!

do you know that 2 loses could throw them into 4th place as well

I actually think the Steelers will lay off the blitzing.  Mixon needs to have a huge day.  Get to Fat Boy and wrap his arms up.  Go for the ball.

The Chiefs game will be interesting.  They'll be coming off getting exposed by the Patriots on Sunday Night Football.  The Patriots will show the blueprint to slowing down the Chiefs offense.  That game in KC will be more winnable than we think.

The Bengals are the Steelers little bitch and have been for quite some time.  I hate this game more than any other during the season and rarely watch.
Maybe the infusion of younger guys who aren't yet aware of the Bengals stupidity when playing the Steelers, pays off and helps their idiotic play against them.
Either way, it's another game I won't have any part in watching.  I'll simply hope they win. 

Don't worry about the loss coming against the Chiefs until we have to.  Just beat the Steelers...

20 hours ago, cincyhokie said:

I actually think the Steelers will lay off the blitzing.  Mixon needs to have a huge day.  Get to Fat Boy and wrap his arms up.  Go for the ball.

The Chiefs game will be interesting.  They'll be coming off getting exposed by the Patriots on Sunday Night Football.  The Patriots will show the blueprint to slowing down the Chiefs offense.  That game in KC will be more winnable than we think.

I think both games are readily winnable. Chiefs tougher but steelers are not great. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, AMPHAR said:

Heard on the radio only 17 of the 53 active Bengals for that playoff loss remain on the team.    Hard to believe. 

Quite a few coaches not here either.  I'll grasp onto anything at this point given the way the Steelers' have dominated and humiliated Marvin's teams.

5 hours ago, kingwilly said:

I think both games are readily winnable. Chiefs tougher but steelers are not great. 

They are, but we saw how they played at Carolina (a likely playoff team).

My guess? They squeak one out against Pitt Sunday and get Carolina'd in KC on national TV.  But if they can take the Bucs at home after that, they can still go into the Bye Week 6-2.   Then the schedule gets easier outside of the Saints at PBS, other than the division games.

• ArmyBengal changed the title to Week 6 and 17- Steelers talk