Week 6 and 17- Steelers talk

Stripes

On 10/8/2018 at 3:12 PM, jonf45uk said:

I just don't want to see the Bengals beat themselves in this one. The Steelers are scum but "always" find a way to win, by any means necessary etc. It's that kind of toughness we've been needing to show for a long time. Play like we did in the first half last night and it's gonna be a bloodbath! Got to turn the corner, lose the fear that our players and staff have for them and beat them in our house. No doubt the officials will be looking out for hits on Ben especially so gotta play smart. That said I'd love to see Hubbard drive that bastard a few feet under the turf ;) 

Enjoy your week guys :)

Oh Geno will get him atleast once

On 10/9/2018 at 8:13 AM, cincyhokie said:

I actually think the Steelers will lay off the blitzing.  Mixon needs to have a huge day.  Get to Fat Boy and wrap his arms up.  Go for the ball.

The Chiefs game will be interesting.  They'll be coming off getting exposed by the Patriots on Sunday Night Football.  The Patriots will show the blueprint to slowing down the Chiefs offense.  That game in KC will be more winnable than we think.

I guarantee the Bengals used the Pats blueprint to best the Dolphins.  That’s great the NE goes against them the week before Cincy!

7 hours ago, AMPHAR said:

Heard on the radio only 17 of the 53 active Bengals for that playoff loss remain on the team.    Hard to believe. 

Yep and that shows us how serious the front office was about a culture change.  They have bet the house on young, unproven talent and so far it is working

6 hours ago, ShulaSteakhouse said:

They are, but we saw how they played at Carolina (a likely playoff team).

My guess? They squeak one out against Pitt Sunday and get Carolina'd in KC on national TV.  But if they can take the Bucs at home after that, they can still go into the Bye Week 6-2.   Then the schedule gets easier outside of the Saints at PBS, other than the division games.

Shula - if Burfict and Brown had played against Carolina - do they control Cam?  Maybe my homerism is clouding my judgement but Hardy Nickerson Jr and Nich Vigil were horrendous that game

The play of the linebackers (or lack thereof) is as equally important as that of the o-line.
I've heard people say that the front four should be doing much more than what they have.  While I may agree, I think part of that is the linebackers can't cover for shit and RB's and TE's allow for quick passes.
The front four could be getting to the QB with much more frequency if the linebackers were better and didn't allow as much.

I think this is where the Steelers game concerns me.  Heck, it's where all the games this year concern me.
Take care of that, and this team is going to have a real shot at making some noise beyond the regular season.

9 hours ago, GapControl said:

Just remember the head to heads. Even if they drop to 4-3 they still have the win over the Ravens. 

Beat the Steelers this week and they own another tiebreaker.

By virtue of Browns/Steelers tie;  tie breakers will not be a factor between Bengals and them unless they tie later on in the season. 

11-5 beats 10-5-1 but trumps 10-6.    

Browns/Steelers have to match wins to beat Ravens/Bengals.  

Beating them this week puts them 3 back in the win column.  Not impossible but very dubious with 10 games to go.  

Losing to them puts them 1 back. 

On 10/11/2018 at 2:27 AM, AMPHAR said:

By virtue of Browns/Steelers tie;  tie breakers will not be a factor between Bengals and them unless they tie later on in the season. 

11-5 beats 10-5-1 but trumps 10-6.    

Browns/Steelers have to match wins to beat Ravens/Bengals.  

Beating them this week puts them 3 back in the win column.  Not impossible but very dubious with 10 games to go.  

Losing to them puts them 1 back. 

Yeah I didn’t figure in that Pitt and Cleve already tied once.  Good point

3 minutes ago, BengalszoneBilly said:

Im sitting in the bar with two Steeler fans, same table. Good times!

cool, hope you have fun. I am shocked Dolphins in lead already vs Bears defense with Osweiller as QB. Yep our team hurt Tannehill some how lol

• Like 1

• ArmyBengal changed the title to Week 6 and 17- Steelers talk