Bengals Sign Adolphus Washington, DT

ArmyBengal

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/09/25/bengals-sign-adolphus-washington-off-cowboys-practice-squad/

So the Bengals grab Washington from the Cowboys practice squad after putting Glasgow on season ending IR.

I loved him when he played at Ohio State and he was a 3rd round pick.  I've seen worse decisions...

I will say that I'm happy with Burfict being 1 game away from returning, but in all honesty, what should we really expect from him ??
You have to remember that not only has he been gone the first 4 weeks of the season, he didn't play in a single preseason game either.
We can only hope it doesn't take him another 3 games to get to a point where he makes a difference for the LB corps.

Then again, our LB's suck, so he might look All Pro to us compared to what we've seen to this point.

"Gloaming"....  Nice....

Burfict is a very smart guy that, for whatever reason, has a violent streak that he is unable to control (when playing football).  Stripes is right, he’ll probably lead with his head first game and either hurt himself or get kicked out.  

Perhaps age and maturity will prompt him to tone it down. 

15 hours ago, COB said:

...... or get kicked out.  

You just know the "League" are sat waiting for the opportunity to stick it to the Bengals and Burfict one more time

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AMPHAR said:

3 local high school kids on the defense now.   Don’t recall that ever happening. 

There's also Huber, who I find interesting from that perspective as well.
Born in Cincinnati, went to high school in Cincinnati, went to college in Cincinnati, and made it to the NFL in Cincinnati.
Pretty cool...

• Like 1

Speaking of roster additions/subtractions:

The Patriots, who suck, started out the season with two of our ex running backs looking to carry the load for them.  But wait!  Jeremy Hill tore his ACL in week one and is out for the year.  They turned to Burkhead.  Nope.  Rex incurred a neck injury in the 3rd game last week and is now on IR.  

But don’t worry about the Cheatriots, as Belichick demonstrated when he pined Malcom Butler for the Super Bowl, they don’t even need players in their brilliant scheme.