Week 4 - Falcons talk

Stripes

Just a situation of them missing with their o/line investments and cashing in big time with offensive skill players.

Cody Whitehair impacts this team more than Tyler Boyd? Nah.   Ethan Pocic more than Mixon? 

As big as bust John Ross has been to this point the 1st tackle after him is a huge bust so far. 

Bengals definately need a  tackle that can play.  I’m not trumping talent to roll the dice. 

On 9/24/2018 at 10:26 AM, Stripes said:

I want to see Erickson more at receiver.

I just remembered I said this, and it was definitely motivated by my displeasure with John Ross.

So credit to him for finding the end zone Sunday.  It was his best game as a pro, which while not saying much is still an important step forward.  Keep growing.

11 hours ago, Stripes said:

I just remembered I said this, and it was definitely motivated by my displeasure with John Ross.

So credit to him for finding the end zone Sunday.  It was his best game as a pro, which while not saying much is still an important step forward.  Keep growing.

Erickson has a lot of snaps against ATL (Ross left for injury ) so he’s the John Ross backup over the others. 

On 10/1/2018 at 8:26 AM, membengal said:

My quick thoughts (I missed most of second half because my Mom fell and was taken to ER and I went to help figure that out - she's mostly fine luckily) - so I was hit and miss on events of second half:

1. Generally, that is exactly the kind of game the Bengals by tradition lose - they tend to come up short in shoot-outs, and adversity like losing Eifert in the way that they lost him is something that they have to been able to overcome. That they did yesterday, felt special to me as a fan. These are the kinds of wins that can springboard a team to bigger things.

2. Bill Lazor is REALLY good at his job, especially given the state of things in the NFL where the teams that are good have really creative minds calling plays and putting the foot down. Thank god they went to him last year and kept him in place. 

3. That the offense held serve the last few weeks without Mixon and dealing with in-game injuries is a testament to Lazor and to Dalton who is running that team as well as at any point in his career.

4. I haven't seen a qb-wr connection in this town aimed at being able to move the sticks in critical spots since Carson-TJ. The Dalton to Boyd thing is really important, as Green will always draw the heavier coverage.

5. As for the defense, hopefully Burfict is over the foot issue at the end of camp and ready to go, because they dearly miss a leader to get them in the right spots and make some tackles. I suspect just having him on the field with his intensity will help the others do a better job at tackling, because the missed tackles in that scheme are killers. 

6. The roughing calls really are whole ass. As are the random other calls that make no sense. Officiating is truly as bad as I can remember it ever being. 

I had them 2-2 after that stretch in my pre-season thoughts, and still had them getting to 11-5. That they came out of that 3-1 is huge, given how unfair I thought the initial four games were from the schedulers. Devastating to lose Eifert, but hopefully enough firepower and development from Uzomah to help cover it - and Boyd's development with Andy now huge because Eifert was his other security blanket. Getting Mixon back now should help a ton as well.

I was saying the same thing about Boyd watching the game, he is starting to look like TJ in his third year.  Hope he keeps getting better.