Week 3 - Panthers talk

AMPHAR

Poorly under-thrown by Dalton, but, no protection the entire quarter and Ross didn't make much of an effort either, a bit of a team effort.   Looks like Glasgow may done for the year.  Billings was on the ground at one point too.  How Carolina's mish-mash o-line performed better than the Bengals', says something about the Bengals' lack of o-line talent also.  Don't overrate them, they aren't good.

Typical Marvin. Undisciplined, willams two 15 yarders penalty’s.  plays the game out manned uses 1 back 95% of the game.  Then out coached. Everyone and their brother knows cams going to run in the red zone. Well everyone but the guys on defense. Ross how in the world is this guy playing?  What a waist. Allowing McCaffrey almost 200 rushing? Lmao embarrassing. 

10 minutes ago, AMPHAR said:

Too much talent to be that bad on 3rd downs.   Poor tackling and they are horrible in zone coverage. 

Definitely not impressed with Austin in the slightest. Then haslet. Can this guy even coach a linebacker?  They have been pretty much trash since he took over. Ross shouldn’t get any playing time. Play Erickson  instead  So much more reliable than Ross. 

That defense has zero depth at LB and they'll need Brown and Burfict if they want to compete against good teams.  Otherwise RB's are going to have field days.  

Hard to believe they don't have anyone better than Nickerson.  At least throw Jefferson out there and see what he can do.  

1 hour ago, ShulaSteakhouse said:

That defense has zero depth at LB and they'll need Brown and Burfict if they want to compete against good teams.  Otherwise RB's are going to have field days.  

Hard to believe they don't have anyone better than Nickerson.  At least throw Jefferson out there and see what he can do.  

Doesn’t really surprise me. The staff did this for the past two year with the oline. I guess they think the can just plug and play anyone. You think they would have learned. To add better depth. But clearly they haven’t. 

I watched until the Panthers were up 21-14. I had a flag football game to coach. That being said, 4 INT’s are brutal and they have to do a better job. However, no team is going to win many games when the defense also gives up over 200 yards on the ground. No team recovers from that offensive and defensive combination.

Yeah, it was 4 INT's.

Honestly, after the first drive, I was really impressed and thought it was going to be another great day for them.
Boyd was on fire yesterday, but our own running game was lacking without Mixon in there.  Eifert showed up yesterday as well with 6 grabs of his own.

The first INT was thrown towards Ross and it really looks like he was outmuscled on that play.  Not that it matters, but I put that one on Ross.
The play fake by Dalton on the TD throw to Uzomah was really pretty to watch.
The second INT was thrown towards Malone and it bounced straight up after hitting him in the hands.  I put that one on Malone.
Where the hell was any part of our defensive front 7 ?? 
The o-line looked to collapse at times, but Dalton made some nice scrambles and throws on the run.
The third INT was also thrown towards Ross and while he was certainly confused, that pass hung up there forever.  I put that one on both Dalton and Ross.
The fourth INT was the toss into the endzone as time expired and down by 10 points.  Who cares ??

In the grand scheme of things, I put more on the defense for not stopping the thing they knew the Panthers were going to do.  (Running the ball)
Outside of Dunlap, you wouldn't know anyone else was there for the majority of the game.  Our linebackers straight up suck balls and will continue to be a problem.
The offense needs to work on their 3rd down efficiency as well.

Gotta love Austin's Marvin-esque comment after the game "it was just one of those days, a stinker." (regarding the defense) So in other words, he expects this sort of performance to happen.  Way to raise the bar.

How about "we have to get better and we'll figure out what the problems are and correct them or put in guys who can get it done." 

At least try and make it look like you really want to win games and say the right things.

They didn't do enough to address areas of weakness in the off-season, which is pretty much every season for the Bengals, but I'm not impressed with Austin at all so far.

11 minutes ago, ShulaSteakhouse said:

Gotta love Austin's Marvin-esque comment after the game "it was just one of those days, a stinker." (regarding the defense) So in other words, he expects this sort of performance to happen.  Way to raise the bar.

How about "we have to get better and we'll figure out what the problems are and correct them or put in guys who can get it done." 

At least try and make it look like you really want to win games and say the right things.

They didn't do enough to address areas of weakness in the off-season, which is pretty much every season for the Bengals, but I'm not impressed with Austin at all so far.

I completely agree. Austin has been straight garbage. I Didn’t like the hire in the first place. Our terrible offense kicked his defense butt last year. Yet you bring that here? I just don’t get It.