Preseason Game 3 - Bengals vs. Bills

ArmyBengal

20 minutes ago, COB said:

Our passing attack is frightening.  Imagine being a DC and you have to somehow account for AJ Green, John Ross, Tyler Boyd, Tyler Eifert, and Joe Mixon.  Then you have to do it again.  And again.  For all the o-line failings, the triumvirate has succeeded in, once again, surrounding Andy with a formidable group of weapons.

The running game has to improve IMO. I'm not comfortable relying only on Daltons arm.

Yeah the rushing game has been horrendous. There hasn’t been a single run go for more than 18 yards. Gio is barely over 3 YPC and Mixon is less than 2. Tra Carson accounts for the 1 rushing TD through 3 games. I haven’t paid enough attention to determine if the RB’s are doing poorly or if it’s the o-line, but the coaches need to figure that out.

All the weapons in the world still equate to a one trick pony. It’s a fun pony to watch at times, but that can’t be all there is if they expect to do something.

I expect the running game to improve once the playbook opens up and our starters are playing a full 4 quarters.  It only takes one or two big gains for the #s to look completely different.

In the meantime, I sure do enjoy seeing Mixon split out wide.  One more dimension for the opposing defenses to worry about it.

Preseason don’t mean poop.

For the game itself.  Glad we won.  They were dominate.  I don’t think any major injuries. 

We left some plays out there again second week in a row.  Dre dropped an easy INT.  Ross dropped a potential YAC TD.  Tate drop led to INT. 

FGs in first half could have been more. 

Hear me out here - Ced to tight end.  We use this year as a project year, train him up, re_sign him on a one year vet minimum deal.  Then we only play Eifert when it matters.  As soon as a game is out of reach in either direction, pull Eifert, throw Ced in there to get pounded to crap like all tight ends do in this league.  

59 minutes ago, COB said:

Hear me out here - Ced to tight end.  We use this year as a project year, train him up, re_sign him on a one year vet minimum deal.  Then we only play Eifert when it matters.  As soon as a game is out of reach in either direction, pull Eifert, throw Ced in there to get pounded to crap like all tight ends do in this league.  

Even if they did it, It’d still make more sense just to cut him to free up money