Sign in to follow this  
ShulaSteakhouse

Mayfield - Browns made the right choice?

I thought he was the right pick for the Browns, at least as far as QB's go.  Will be interesting to see how far and how quickly he pushes Taylor (adding Landry and having Gordon back along with Chubb at RB makes them interesting for once).  Same with Jackson in Baltimore, who could make some teams look pretty bad for passing on him if he pans out early on, and Flacco struggles enough.  All it takes is an 0-2 or 0-3 start for either team, and we're seeing them twice a year I guess.

He looked good.  Numerous instances where he used his pocket awareness to evade the rush and find another little space to set up and get the throw off.  I know he'll face some less vanilla rush packages down the road, but so far I'm guessing the Browns are thrilled.  

2 hours ago, COB said:

He looked good.  Numerous instances where he used his pocket awareness to evade the rush and find another little space to set up and get the throw off.  I know he'll face some less vanilla rush packages down the road, but so far I'm guessing the Browns are thrilled.  

This.

He was very comfortable sitting in the pocket and going through his progressions.  When he did scramble he always kept his head up and his eyes down the field.

I watched all of his snaps live since the Bengals game wasn't on here, and as a Bengals fan...I did NOT like what I saw.