Training Camp - 2018

skyline

Cordy Glenn on Carl Lawson:

"He’s a freak of nature. He’s fast, but then he’s got power, and at the end of the day he’s determined to get a sack every play,” Glenn said. “For most guys in the league to be good you have to have two dominant traits. He’s got three. He’s strong, fast and his motor is, ‘I have to get a sack.’ Great motor.  It’s a motor of a guy like Dwight Freeney,” said Glenn of a future Hall-of-Famer.

3 hours ago, COB said:

It sounds like he’s talking about Geno, but he’s talking about Lawson.  Could be quite a pass rush this year IF Lawson can stay healthy.  I’m worried about his ability to stay on the field.

Has he had health issues?

Only reason he stayed off the field last year was due to coaching...ah...deficiencies.  

Lawson was going up against Oogie for some of those snaps

My dead gramma could get 3 sacks on 4 plays against Oogie, and the 4th would be a holding penalty against the offense

However, word is, on at least 1 of those sacks, he was going up against Cordy. I worry this doesn't speak to the excellence of Lawson as much as it speaks to whether or not Cordy can do the job

• Haha 1

The only issue I may have with Cordy Glenn is his injury status, but he's been out there doing it since day one, so that has lessened greatly for me.
All players are going to get beat from time to time for whatever the reason may be.

Glenn is like (6'6) and Lawson is a fast, undersized (6'2) DE.  That can cause issues for some players, but again, color me unconcerned at this point.

8 hours ago, TJJackson said:

Lawson was going up against Oogie for some of those snaps

My dead gramma could get 3 sacks on 4 plays against Oogie, and the 4th would be a holding penalty against the offense

However, word is, on at least 1 of those sacks, he was going up against Cordy. I worry this doesn't speak to the excellence of Lawson as much as it speaks to whether or not Cordy can do the job

Lawson good. 

On 8/3/2018 at 10:33 AM, TJJackson said:

My dead gramma could get 3 sacks on 4 plays against Oogie

The Bengals season doesn’t begin until we start discussing which unfortunate Bengal TJ’s dead Grammy could destroy on the field.  This season is now official!

• Haha 1

Ross is dropping a lot of passes. One hyperventilating gurgler I read hypothesized it was the pressure he felt after they cut Lafell.  

Boyd is still money.  And of course AJ Green will use his freakish twistability to make Andy look good.  

So, I didn't know the story behind Jon Brown. I heard and interview they did with him the other day, and man...I want this kid on the team.

You know Bullock will get the job, but Brown has now replaced Tate as my training camp Cinderella story.

https://www.cincyjungle.com/2016/5/12/11645642/meet-jon-brown-the-bengals-kicker-who-has-never-kicked-a-field-goal

He bumped heels/foot with somone during a drill and came up limping on Monday, I think. Boot may be precautionary, or not. No one overly bothered about it since he is out until week 5 and, speaking for me, hard to count on him in any event...